Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BusyBee

My White Sanctuary @casa Clementi

I guess I’m doing this backwards. Just finished my housewarming party last Sunday and I finally have the time to relax and write my reno blog

It has been non-stop rush for me since last Dec when we selected our flat at HDB Hub. Then it’s searching for ideas and IDs. Followed by selling of my existing HDB flat (I sold my unit DIY). Followed by collecting of keys to new flat. Then reno, searching for furniture and decorations, packing/moving house/unpacking, handover of existing flat etc. It’s a non-stop nightmare. Just imagine a headless chicken running around squeaking! That’s how I look like in those months :sport-smiley-018:

Even the housewarming party is a tiring event with about 40-50pax to cater to. What I did was order catering from Neo Garden. Colleague’s hubby is a member, so I got member price. But tying down the total number of headcounts and the final menu took some time. Then I went overboard with finger food (nuts and chocolates, Four Season durian puffs, mini swiss rolls of different flavor, sushi party packs from Ichiban Sushi, fruits, desserts, ice cream etc), wine and drinks. So everybody went home, happy and overloaded with food. I think they will remember the food more than my house :P

Here’re some pictures from my housewarming party to share.

dsc0818i.jpg

dsc0802x.jpg

dsc0803r.jpg

livingroomt.jpg

kitchenc.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Now in the aftermath, I think back on the whole process with a rosy tint, since my house turns out so beautiful (to me) and time mends all heartburns and pains, I guess. But during the reno process, it’s really painful, despite I have given very specific reno ideas to the ID and we have used the same ID that we have used before. But I guess since I have upgraded to a bigger unit and the reno concept and contents are different, all previous experiences do not apply here.

Even prior to that, when we got our keys and visited our new flat for the first time, we almost fainted. We were horrified at

• the small size of the kitchen,

• the ugly partition between the kitchen and service yard,

• the super ugly and confining PD door and partition at the common bathroom,

• the small size of the MBR bathroom,

• the big wooden door at MBR bathroom entrance which leaves no standing room when open,

• how “big” the aircon window is when compared to the aircon ledge and not all aircon compressor can go through etc.

Bearing in mind that we purchased our unit from “Sale of Balance Flats” which is comparable to the current sky high resale market rates and we get such “Kopitiam” standard. Then we found out that our unit gets slanted morning and afternoon sun and not much wind in early months of the year. Although we have visited the site in later months of the year before we chose our unit, and we don’t see such problems

So overall, it’s very disappointing for us and we searched ways and means to solve these problems through our reno :help:

Here’re some pictures of our unit before reno for your better understanding.

livinghallf.jpg

mainentrance.jpg

kitchen1uj.jpg

commonbathroom1.jpg

mbrbathroom2.jpg

I guess I’m doing this backwards. Just finished my housewarming party last Sunday and I finally have the time to relax and write my reno blog

It has been non-stop rush for me since last Dec when we selected our flat at HDB Hub. Then it’s searching for ideas and IDs. Followed by selling of my existing HDB flat (I sold my unit DIY). Followed by collecting of keys to new flat. Then reno, searching for furniture and decorations, packing/moving house/unpacking, handover of existing flat etc. It’s a non-stop nightmare. Just imagine a headless chicken running around squeaking! That’s how I look like in those months :sport-smiley-018:

Even the housewarming party is a tiring event with about 40-50pax to cater to. What I did was order catering from Neo Garden. Colleague’s hubby is a member, so I got member price. But tying down the total number of headcounts and the final menu took some time. Then I went overboard with finger food (nuts and chocolates, Four Season durian puffs, mini swiss rolls of different flavor, sushi party packs from Ichiban Sushi, fruits, desserts, ice cream etc), wine and drinks. So everybody went home, happy and overloaded with food. I think they will remember the food more than my house :P

Here’re some pictures from my housewarming party to share.

dsc0818i.jpg

dsc0802x.jpg

dsc0803r.jpg

livingroomt.jpg

kitchenc.jpg

i like the painting of the trees - where did you get it?

Hi

Lovely kitchen you have there and White is the new IN~!! :)

Am wondering how you divided the kitchen and service yard area?

1) Did you hack down any walls?

2) Is that doors/panels which you installed?

3) Love to see more pictures of your kitchen~!

And wondering if you have pictures of your rooms~!? Sure they turned out super as well.

Hi

Lovely kitchen you have there and White is the new IN~!! :)

Am wondering how you divided the kitchen and service yard area?

1) Did you hack down any walls?

2) Is that doors/panels which you installed?

3) Love to see more pictures of your kitchen~!

And wondering if you have pictures of your rooms~!? Sure they turned out super as well.

Sorry for late reply. Busy days at work these 2 days. Here're my replies:

Lovely kitchen you have there and White is the new IN My contractors and suppliers were initially surprised at our choice of using all white, saying it's rare. And the latest trend being black and white or grey as in industrial look. But my fav colour is white, so no brainer on choosing it as my house's primary colour hue :D Then I put in diff secondary colour hues in diff parts of the house to make it more interesting.

1) Did you hack down any walls? Yes. I hacked away (a) the wall between MBR and Room 2 to make room for a WI wardrobe (2) wall between kitchen and dining area for open concept kitchen and to make room for a breakfast counter (3) wall between kitchen and service yard

2) Is that doors/panels which you installed? It's a bi-fold door in white powdered coated aluminium frames and tempered frosted glass. Put in this bi-fold door to hide away clutters created by hanging clothes and laundry baskets etc. It's more commonly used in bungalows and terraced houses with swimming pool. But I wanted this idea cos it's less space consuming than a sliding door. Due to space constraint created by 2 huge piping that take up a lot of space at the service yard, which does not allow a sliding door to be fully "opened"

3) Love to see more pictures of your kitchen~! Thanks. Here are some pictures of my kitchen

kitchenlu.jpg

kitchen3p.jpg

kitchen2g.jpg

breakfastcounter.jpg

I like the red bar stool. Something I have been looking for. Where did u get that??

My fav colour is white and red so my kitchen also same theme. Nice kitchen you have!!

I bought mine at Style Furniture at Midview. U can also find something similar at Furniture Mall at Toh Guan.

Toh Guan too far for me. Where is mid view?

hello neighbor!

totally agree with all the horrible things..we removed the partition and changed all the toilet doors too.. ;)

Hello, read yr t-blog too. Nice flooring and white brick walls..very stylo. U moved in yet? I moved in in June. Unit above mine now still under reno. Got crackline in MBR ceiling and my son's room ceiling after hacking upstairs. Look like earthquake site haha. Anyway, got my painter to touch up liao. So watch out for such "casualties" in yr place if upstairs unit still unde reno