Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pa1407

Island With Sink How Is Water Piping Done?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/floorplanz.jpg/

My kitchen is squarish and ID is suggesting to build a 6ft island in the middle and sitting the sink in it with undergnd piping. Am worried of leakage or clogging problem in the long run, should I just forget about the island or is there other options?

underground piping? means concealed piping? i dun think hdb allow that leh... 8| think you better check with your id how they gonna do it... if juz boxup still okays. :good:

Even if really do the concealed piping, the leakage/clogging will be a huge problem...

since it is concealed, to get to it means opening the concealed lo (the tiles?) :o:jawdrop: = headache~ :bangwall:

Usually what i would recommend to my hdb houseowner if they want to do island is to run top piping with box up and design a wine glass hanger to hide the box~

Wellz juz a suggestion. I think there are more ideas~

BTW if you hack the balcony walls... your living room will be HUGE... :dribble:

:yamseng: ,

Mike

underground piping? means concealed piping? i dun think hdb allow that leh... 8| think you better check with your id how they gonna do it... if juz boxup still okays. :good:

Even if really do the concealed piping, the leakage/clogging will be a huge problem...

since it is concealed, to get to it means opening the concealed lo (the tiles?) :o:jawdrop: = headache~ :bangwall:

Usually what i would recommend to my hdb houseowner if they want to do island is to run top piping with box up and design a wine glass hanger to hide the box~

Wellz juz a suggestion. I think there are more ideas~

BTW if you hack the balcony walls... your living room will be HUGE... :dribble:

Mike

Yes, proposed concealing under tiles which I'm seriously not comfortable. As island's goin to be in the middle there's bound to be a 'causeway' haha like S'pore to JB. No way to hide it right unless I make it a 'reclaimed land' instead if island which doesn't seem right. :furious:

Yes will be hacking balcony n leveling it. Rotating TV console planned in the middle at half height with a face of hidden study and display cabinet outside MBR wall. Dining area will be on the other side of foyer. TV serving living room, dining area and study area aka gaming area. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by pa1407

Yes, proposed concealing under tiles which I'm seriously not comfortable. As island's goin to be in the middle there's bound to be a 'causeway' haha like S'pore to JB. No way to hide it right unless I make it a 'reclaimed land' instead if island which doesn't seem right. :furious:

Yes will be hacking balcony n leveling it. Rotating TV console planned in the middle at half height with a face of hidden study and display cabinet outside MBR wall. Dining area will be on the other side of foyer. TV serving living room, dining area and study area aka gaming area. :sport-smiley-018:

Yupz... no other way to hide... wa your 'reclaimed land' idea abit chim. couldnt get it.

hahaz can see you really would like a kitchen island huh... :D i dun really want to go against hdb rules la 8|

BUT then you can try to ask your ID if he can double seal your piping... meaning redirect to the discharge if there happens to be a leak in the concealed area :notti:

Wa i was thinking if your balcony view nice actually can have a cozy area there... relac there, have a weekend coffee over some magazines or books or even handheld games. shiokness~

Mike

Thks for your contribution, will rethink placements and layout again this time without island. I'm not that into island just thinking that storage will be quite limited without one after putting in fridge and washing machine. ID is rather confident with their plumbing job, but I really scared scared. Considering a C shaped now....dunno how feasible.... :rolleyes:

Not much view from balcony though it's unblocked, just columns of flats.....

Edited by pa1407

Thks for your contribution, will rethink placements and layout again this time without island. I'm not that into island just thinking that storage will be quite limited without one after putting in fridge and washing machine. ID is rather confident with their plumbing job, but I really scared scared. Considering a C shaped now....dunno how feasible.... :rolleyes:

Not much view from balcony though it's unblocked, just columns of flats.....

No problem... Actually you can have 17ft bottom cabinet, if need more can have some top cabinet and shelves plus the hood. This is for the sink and 1950 area. Then the hidden corner i think can put a full height 2-3 feet cabinet plus your fridge. Quite a huge storage area leh... :dribble:

Plus point without the island. More space to walk around and if you dun mind, a movable dry kitchen island! wellz juz an idea~ :notti:

Mike

No problem... Actually you can have 17ft bottom cabinet, if need more can have some top cabinet and shelves plus the hood. This is for the sink and 1950 area. Then the hidden corner i think can put a full height 2-3 feet cabinet plus your fridge. Quite a huge storage area leh... :dribble:

Plus point without the island. More space to walk around and if you dun mind, a movable dry kitchen island! wellz juz an idea~ :notti:

Mike

Thks will put that in consideration, moveable ....haven't tot about dat.

Thks will put that in consideration, moveable ....haven't tot about dat.

Movable island? You and your wife try moving or pushing a few hundred kilo of matter.

Once you put your stuff into the cabinets, on top of the island, you may not want to move.....

Movable island? You and your wife try moving or pushing a few hundred kilo of matter.

Once you put your stuff into the cabinets, on top of the island, you may not want to move.....

So have to make slimmer cabinets and put lightweight stuffs only :notti: Still possible....will come back once decided

So have to make slimmer cabinets and put lightweight stuffs only :notti: Still possible....will come back once decided

hahaz... Using lighter material might be another option. hahaz

Mike

it's a crazy idea. if one of the castors crack and give way, the whole island landed on your foot or your kid foot, can you imagine the pain? :jawdrop: