Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steadfast

Glass Door For Toilet Entrance

Hi all,

just want to seek your advise. is it true that if i want to fix swing glass door for toilet entrance (not shower screen in toilet) that I will need to hack the existing doorframe?

some companies I called says that this is the case. need to hack as they cannot fix the glass door on existing doorframe.

others says its ok, no need to hack as they will use a special type of hinge.

those who did toilet glass door before, would you be able to advise?

thank you so much.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

just want to seek your advise. is it true that if i want to fix swing glass door for toilet entrance (not shower screen in toilet) that I will need to hack the existing doorframe?

some companies I called says that this is the case. need to hack as they cannot fix the glass door on existing doorframe.

thank you so much.

you definitely need to remove the old door frame. there is no need to hack the wall though, unless you want a glass door that is wider than existing door opening.

ya that's why, hack the door frame will affect the tiles which equals to more money. :S

so no one has heard of fixing door glass on a doorframe before?

just to add on, the existing doorframe is those metal doorframe if it makes any diff.

Edited by steadfast

ya that's why, hack the door frame will affect the tiles which equals to more money. :S

so no one has heard of fixing door glass on a doorframe before?

just to add on, the existing doorframe is those metal doorframe if it makes any diff.

If you wish to save money, then dont do glass door.

Every few years need to change the moldy rubber seal (more money) around the glass door and need to re-tighten (more money) the door hinges or change them (more money)

If you fix the glass door on existing metal door frame, it might not be compatible and may require additional wielding (more money). Moreover it can be very ugly if you can imagine.

If you wish to save money, then dont do glass door.

Every few years need to change the moldy rubber seal (more money) around the glass door and need to re-tighten (more money) the door hinges or change them (more money)

If you fix the glass door on existing metal door frame, it might not be compatible and may require additional wielding (more money). Moreover it can be very ugly if you can imagine.

thanks for the advice. i will consider it in this case. btw, mind me asking what type of toilet doors you use?

Hi all,

thank you so much.

Can I check is your designer from weiken?

nope not using them. i using contractor.

In that case it seems like this is a trend. But personally I feel glass door r not kids friendly. My designer suggested this to me but I rejected it cos I have 3 young kids at home. I don't feel safe cos the door is generally heavier and imagine what if it slam onto them. So it'll aluminum doors for me.

I change from toilet bi-fold door to frosted glass.

Originally want to change to wooden door with frame.

But cost the same.

Now, I am a happy user, toilet light can luminate your room through the glass.

thanks for the advice. i will consider it in this case. btw, mind me asking what type of toilet doors you use?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm using bi-fold (not PD door) door for my toilet.

no worries taichipanda. been busy to follow up on this thread also. :P thanks for the reply.

korbu, yah i think if have kids not safe to have glass door but we don't intend to have kids so shouldn't be a problem in this case.

Warrior88, your glass door is fixed directly on the wall or on your existing door frame?

I change from toilet bi-fold door to frosted glass.

Originally want to change to wooden door with frame.

But cost the same.

Now, I am a happy user, toilet light can luminate your room through the glass.

Hi Warrior, i'm also using frosted glass door. Yes, the toilet light can luminate my room through the glass but i can also see what my husband is doing inside the bathroom because the door is very translucent. When the door is dry, it's blurry shadow. However when water splashes on the door, the door becomes very translucent. If my husband stands right in front of the door, everything is crystal clear. Is this the same for your case?

frosted glass mount direct to wall.

My layout is toilet bowl, washing basin, shower screen.

Only when using the toilet bowl, you might see a dark patch.

The Silhouette is very blurr. Can't even make out what is it.

My door is never wet, cos there is another shower screen.

I have 2 kids in their primary, they use them quite often.

They enjoy using my toilet. investment worth :rolleyes:

Edited by Warrior88