Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunsetsky

Minicasa In The Sky

Last Friday:

Buying lightings has got to be one of the more difficult reno tasks......

I’ve only went to a few shops and I already felt so sick and tired.

List of shops visited/<personal feel for the shop’s lightings>

lightingshopsvisited.jpg

I bought the majority of lights have been purchased from De Focus and LightCraft,

although I’m having second thoughts about some of them. But I still haven’t found what I was searching for………

I changed one shop’s delivery date to next week coz the carpentry is due next week or week after,

so only post photos when the lights are installed

Btw, is there any way of putting wall lights in the bathroom without getting into trouble?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Last Friday:

Buying lightings has got to be one of the more difficult reno tasks......

I’ve only went to a few shops and I already felt so sick and tired.

List of shops visited/<personal feel for the shop’s lightings>

lightingshopsvisited.jpg

I bought the majority of lights have been purchased from De Focus and LightCraft,

although I’m having second thoughts about some of them. But I still haven’t found what I was searching for………

I changed one shop’s delivery date to next week coz the carpentry is due next week or week after,

so only post photos when the lights are installed

Btw, is there any way of putting wall lights in the bathroom without getting into trouble?

I think putting in wall lights in dry area shd be ok. But yr electrician may not want to risk getting into trouble by concealing the wires. So u will see casing running from yr wall lights to light switch.

Carpentry: Another problematic phrase.

These are only “complaints” that I made which will not be addressed.

I already feedback about this “pattern “with cracks and peelings to three person, these are their comments:

Tree branch “liddat one”, “ nobody ever complained about this type of thing”

branchpattern.jpg

I was told that this side panel was chipped after the workers dropped it on the way to the flat.

I was also told that it will be replaced, but it is still in the flat since it arrived on Tuesday, I guess they will “replace” it cosmetically.

damagedpanel.jpg

Hole in Kitchen top cabinet

dentinkitchentopcabinet.jpg

Gaps or holes in plywood base support.

gapsintheplywood.jpg

img3149nf.jpg

img3136c.jpgOh the solution was that they will re-staple!

Conclusion:

I’m really tired of telling these people as they'll first try to tell me that it’s like that one/standard/natural one etc.

Then when I just walked off without saying anything else, they will try to tell me nobody else complains about this kind of thing.

I’m actually not trying to be difficult, I know I’m a “outsider”, so maybe some of it is “like that one”.

But I visually compare the rest of the work/material and find that it is the exception,

it’s maddening to have my complaints to be brushed off as irrational.

It’s already only plywood and they still use pieces that are cracked and separating, holey , with gaps and exposed to the elements. If I know how to do it myself, I would not have pay money to get such workmanship.

Maybe I should have stayed away then ignorance is bliss.

My appologies for rantings.

Maybe other more expert home owners can advise if these are “acceptable”

Edited by sunsetsky

Hi neighbor!

From your pictures, I wouldn't think they are acceptable. I suggest you insist to have them changed. Have you paid them fully yet? I'm also having similar workmanship problem with mine. Been complaining to my ID, some have been rectified but both ID and carpenters are very slow. No choice have to endure :(

Hope your other works will be without any problems! :)

Gaps or holes in plywood base support.

gapsintheplywood.jpg

img3149nf.jpg

img3136c.jpgOh the solution was that they will re-staple!

Conclusion:

I’m really tired of telling these people as they'll first try to tell me that it’s like that one/standard/natural one etc.

Then when I just walked off without saying anything else, they will try to tell me nobody else complains about this kind of thing.

I’m actually not trying to be difficult, I know I’m a “outsider”, so maybe some of it is “like that one”.

But I visually compare the rest of the work/material and find that it is the exception,

it’s maddening to have my complaints to be brushed off as irrational.

It’s already only plywood and they still use pieces that are cracked and separating, holey , with gaps and exposed to the elements. If I know how to do it myself, I would not have pay money to get such workmanship.

Maybe I should have stayed away then ignorance is bliss.

My appologies for rantings.

Maybe other more expert home owners can advise if these are “acceptable”

oh no not acceptable!! that huge crack is horrible..must get them to change them!! :curse:

Hi, can post photos of your swivelable laundry rack? Very curious to see. And how much is it? Thanks!

laundryrack.jpg

This is the swivelable laundry rack, I have not take any photo of the swivel action.

But now the carpentry and stuff are in the service yard, so I will try to get a photo "in action" photo asap.

The max length to fit my service yard is about 1.8mL, coz still can slowly shift here and there to avoid the bifold doors.

Basically the EZ Hi-dry rack can pull down, then after you tug the "rope" downwards until there is a "thiack" sound, then you can slowly adjust the rack to 90 degrees then push out the window.

The basic rack was about 799,swivel plate 220, bracket 70+, got a bit discount round down abt 1000nett.

Now they have some promo i think you can google for the website. I'm not sure i can post the website here. They have some photos to show you how the swivel works.

A bit expensive but since my mum have used this brand in our current place for many years,so stick back to this.

Edited by sunsetsky

oh no not acceptable!! that huge crack is horrible..must get them to change them!! :curse:

sigh, they put up the bookcase already.

That's after telling three of them and hearing comments that to me sound like that i'm unreasonable to worry and want to change that "tree branch" piece.

Actually got the granite saga, but I giving my "rave review" contractor and subcon face and chance, to rectify before i blog about it.

Because I dun want to chip peoples' ricebowl, even though I am very :furious: & :bangwall:

I also saw the company name of the current carpenter, but there are many teams of carpenters within that company ,so it's unfair to mention here because of one carpenter.

My friend helping me to spot the "areas to touchup or rectify" happened to see one of the staff expression when they came back from lunch and saw the numerous stickers to indicate rectification required.

Let's just say it's like this :rolleyes: without the smile

Edited by sunsetsky

1345300802' post='739989']

laundryrack.jpg

This is the swivelable laundry rack, I have not take any photo of the swivel action.

But now the carpentry and stuff are in the service yard, so I will try to get a photo "in action" photo asap.

The max length to fit my service yard is about 1.8mL, coz still can slowly shift here and there to avoid the bifold doors.

Basically the EZ Hi-dry rack can pull down, then after you tug the "rope" downwards until there is a "thiack" sound, then you can slowly adjust the rack to 90 degrees then push out the window.

The basic rack was about 799,swivel plate 220, bracket 70+, got a bit discount round down abt 1000nett.

Now they have some promo i think you can google for the website. I'm not sure i can post the website here. They have some photos to show you how the swivel works.

A bit expensive but since my mum have used this brand in our current place for many years,so stick back to this.

Wow looks pretty useful, but quite an investment. Can consider if cant get used to the standard hdb installed one.