Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
telefunken

Will You Pay 9K For This Floor?

Sorry to hear about your plight. Was reading thru the forum as I am sourcing for a reliable ID. Thanks for sharing as it really helps us avoid any issues we might encounter.

Hope your problem will be solved soon.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, hope that you could get a real good ID then a sub standard salesman that know nothing but making stupid sales ideas to ripe you. most off the ideas are the some as your neighbours. I will show you what I done for my place after I sought out everything. Think might be next CNY la..

Hi, hope that you could get a real good ID then a sub standard salesman that know nothing but making stupid sales ideas to ripe you. most off the ideas are the some as your neighbours. I will show you what I done for my place after I sought out everything. Think might be next CNY la..

Telefunken, glad u disclosed yr bad experience in RT.. Nvr will I expect such reputable ID firm like Chew Interior to come out with this substandard job....( was thinkin of gg to them one time coz of their advertisements ). Really share yr woes.. I intend to renovate my more than 20 yrs old EM & has been reading RT forums for lobangs on good ID firms / contractors. While in RT, I did put up a 'request for renovation' n received several replies..... Some with quotes, some with just contacts but still undecided leh. Urghh.... frustrating. Anyway hope u can shun shun settle yr problems.

PS : How in the first place u end up with them

Telefunken, glad u disclosed yr bad experience in RT.. Nvr will I expect such reputable ID firm like Chew Interior to come out with this substandard job....( was thinkin of gg to them one time coz of their advertisements ). Really share yr woes.. I intend to renovate my more than 20 yrs old EM & has been reading RT forums for lobangs on good ID firms / contractors. While in RT, I did put up a 'request for renovation' n received several replies..... Some with quotes, some with just contacts but still undecided leh. Urghh.... frustrating. Anyway hope u can shun shun settle yr problems.

PS : How in the first place u end up with them

I always feel that you pay for what you get. Due to my profession in the service industry, I perform the best result for what I charged. So I think those people who ask for higher quote will provide the better quality.

This chap was recommended by a close relative and seems like he could perform the jobs I required. I am too lazy to ask around for more quotes as I feel that is a waste of time.

The whole floor plan was totally done by me and all he need to do is to follow up with the reno with some positive advise. Things going well for the first week and later it became a standing from week 2 to week 4.

Some jobs was carry out without an on site discussion and things are not in place. Highlighted some issues before the work was complete but still never get things straighten.

Start to rush the jobs a week before I wanted to move in and till the day I move some of my belonging, works still carry out here and there. e know what is happening and still stay in old place for a few nights.

On the night before I need to hand over the key to the new owner, I have to run three trips with my car to move the belongings that we need when we still staying at old place. WTF!!

The verdict of this reno is very simple - RELUCTANCE!

RELUCTANCE of the people who carry out his duty that causes the in-convenience for all parties. Worthless!!

I had email to him and the company and no reply yet. That fellow sms me to ask for payment without talking about any thing on the whole lists of defects and what he should do to all that.

I think this fellow is going to ruin his company's profile not knowing that the network I have in the media industry. My friends in the same trade (renovation, most of them are old and semi retired and I can't afford the time to arrange the works) had seen the result and they disagree with the finishing.

I post this is to see what is the comments from the rest of you without any relationship so that the comments are neutral.

I been calm and try to see what are the positive move by them. Afterall, everyone is trying to make a living. But, after 2 recovery works and the result is what you saw from the pics, just part of the whole area of almost 750 sq ft.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS IS THE SERVICE DONE by CHEW INTERIOR. :furious:

any update?

any update?

The senior staff from the co. came twice and trying to work out a plan to fix the aftermath. Due to we are staying in, need to work out the timing to fix up the error.

Still no sure what to do with the floor? Could be a big mass if need to redo the whole flooring again.. Sigh..

The senior staff from the co. came twice and trying to work out a plan to fix the aftermath. Due to we are staying in, need to work out the timing to fix up the error.

Still no sure what to do with the floor? Could be a big mass if need to redo the whole flooring again.. Sigh..

Just my thought.

Other than some pieces that need replacement, a proper grinding, polishing and lacquering will fix the problem. I will suggest using a different team if possible, because the 'flaws' are rather amateurish.

Because you have moved in, then it is only right that Chew pays for the 2-3 days of hotel stay. Do personally supervise the protection put in before redoing the floor.

Cheers!

Just my thought.

Other than some pieces that need replacement, a proper grinding, polishing and lacquering will fix the problem. I will suggest using a different team if possible, because the 'flaws' are rather amateurish.

Because you have moved in, then it is only right that Chew pays for the 2-3 days of hotel stay. Do personally supervise the protection put in before redoing the floor.

Cheers!

Thanks for your advice. I am trying to work out with them on all aspects to get things done. They need approx. 5 days to get it done. Most likely might do it during school holidays due to the my boy having sensitive nose since young and been spending quite handsome amount on medical bill. And I don't want to risk my boy's health.

I'll be in full time observation on this REDO to make sure that this is the final touch and case closed!!

The big headache is: How long will take for the dust to settle down?

Haiz...

Thanks for your advice. I am trying to work out with them on all aspects to get things done. They need approx. 5 days to get it done. Most likely might do it during school holidays due to the my boy having sensitive nose since young and been spending quite handsome amount on medical bill. And I don't want to risk my boy's health.

I'll be in full time observation on this REDO to make sure that this is the final touch and case closed!!

The big headache is: How long will take for the dust to settle down?

Haiz...

not long open all window but the smell might choke u .. :yamseng: