Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kingz

Wil U Be Affected By Chinese 7 Ghost Month To Kiv Your Reno?

Will the chinese 7 months ghost month really affect your decision to KIV the reno plan or not to do any work at all during this month? What is the concern?

This is understandable for chinese owner. I guess non chinese owner or non-believer shld be an exception..=)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Will the chinese 7 months ghost month really affect your decision to KIV the reno plan or not to do any work at all during this month? What is the concern?

This is understandable for chinese owner. I guess non chinese owner or non-believer shld be an exception..=)

Is it okay to start before and finish after the 7th Month?

I am one of those affected ones...

we will only complete the house documentation & handover on 5 Sept. which hits 7th mth...

according to our FS master, we can do reno b4 7th mth & it doesn't matter when its finished.

But can't start during the 7th mth... so no choice.. hv to wait till after 7th mth then I can officially 'open house' and do my reno...

For me, reno still carry on. Parent only concern that we should not move in during the 7th month... SO got to wait till its over...

ya, same here.. starting Aug 13th... most likely 2 months to finish...

ok to start... but dun move in during the month...

(Lunar 7th month from 17th Aug to 15th Sept)

same issue here. i am thinking of starting the reno before 7th mth but let it continue during 7th mth. but dunno anyone move in while reno cos i wanna avoid 7th mth.

If you can live with the reno work going on and don't mind the hassle, I guess it's fine. Personally, I would prefer to get it done before moving in. My ID told me there are fewer ppl doing reno during the 7 month... but its good in a way. At least, they don't rush your reno and thus not compromising on quality.

same issue here. i am thinking of starting the reno before 7th mth but let it continue during 7th mth. but dunno anyone move in while reno cos i wanna avoid 7th mth.

If you can live with the reno work going on and don't mind the hassle, I guess it's fine. Personally, I would prefer to get it done before moving in. My ID told me there are fewer ppl doing reno during the 7 month... but its good in a way. At least, they don't rush your reno and thus not compromising on quality.

Haha.. so many things to consider and seriously i would prefer to move in after reno is done.

I heard from more than one person that its ok to start reno before 7th month cos most importantly is when it starts. However I am not expert here, so it boils down to your comfort level. Anyway I am facing the same problem as u and I am more incline to start early before 7th month.

my fengshui master also say its okay to start before chinese 7 mth and during the period it is ok to do renovation. BUT cannot move in during 7mth.. should be after.

I start my reno before the lunar 7th month and will end during early part of the month. My father already grumble a lot on this. But I feel that reno start before 7th month and end during that month is ok lah. After all during the building of the flat, it already gone through a few 7th months. Just don't shift in during the 7th month especially if you are going to bring in God and ancestor.

Btw, I wander should we pray a bit at the new house even we have not shift in yet?

Edited by pacificblue

I start my reno before the lunar 7th month and will end during early part of the month. My father already grumble a lot on this. But I feel that reno start before 7th month and end during that month is ok lah. After all during the building of the flat, it already gone through a few 7th months. Just don't shift in during the 7th month especially if you are going to bring in God and ancestor.

Btw, I wander should we pray a bit at the new house even we have not shift in yet?

My bro said, bring salt, rice and tea leaves. Spray across various area in the house. Anyone got doing this also?

My bro said, bring salt, rice and tea leaves. Spray across various area in the house. Anyone got doing this also?

I heard of people spray rice but never hear people spray salt before. Not sure about tea leaves also. You do that when you just got the key and entre the new house for the first time. But how are you going to clean up the salt?