Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MsPipi

Anyone Installed Frosted Tempered Glass As Toilet Door?

Hi,

I have just installed frosted tempered glass swing door (10mm) for both my toilets. However, I realised that they are very translucent. At night with my toilet light on, I can basically see whatever my husband is doing inside the toilet. Is this normal? I have asked my supplier before installation if the doors are translucent but they said no.

Can anyone who has installed frosted tempered glass as toilet door advise me if its the norm? And are there any solution to this please? Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Frosted glass R translucent

As long there's light source u'll be able to c a shadow behind the screen :bath:

I had the frosted glass door for my bathroom too. Not too visible cause the shower area is at the end of the bathroom. Maybe you could install a layer of translucent vinyl sheet on the smooth side of the glass to make it more blury. You may get it from meiko at eunos area and DIY. You may get it from elsewhere but the only place I know is Meiko. I quite lasy to look around.

I can advise you on how to paste it. Is quite simply to do it. Let me know. :D

I had the frosted glass door for my bathroom too. Not too visible cause the shower area is at the end of the bathroom. Maybe you could install a layer of translucent vinyl sheet on the smooth side of the glass to make it more blury. You may get it from meiko at eunos area and DIY. You may get it from elsewhere but the only place I know is Meiko. I quite lasy to look around.

I can advise you on how to paste it. Is quite simply to do it. Let me know. :D

Mine is quite blurry when the door is dry. However during shower, when the water splashes on the door it became visible. I can see the colour of clothes the person is wearing and his movements. I've asked my contractor again and he said its the same for everyone. Haiz. Thanks for the reply, maybe mine is inferior quality or what cos the price quoted is cheaper compared to another supplier.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check the store out. :)

Edited by MsPipi

My contractor just installed mine. There are so many blotchy areas meaning some parts look frosted n some parts dont.i tried wiping front n back but i feel the blotchiness.is coming from the inner layer of the rought surface at the back of the door. Is this a defect.? I informed my contractor but till now he never update me anything.just keep quiet only.

Hope someone can shed some advice as I'm planning to install a frosted glass toilet door.

Is it better to (i) sand blast the glass door to make it frosted or is it better to (ii) buy a smooth clear glass and paste a frosted film on it?

Any pro and con?

Thanks

Option 2 is better and cheaper.

You will find it hard to clean oil stains on sandblast glass surface. Option 2 allows u to renew the film when necessary

I used option 2 too

Cheap & good but need patience & skill to stick it onto the glass :D

another layer of frosted sticker is the best solution, can contact Simon 96392230 for sticker service, around $120 per job :good:

My current mbr toilet is frosted glass swing door, been using it for 10years NO regrets.

when it is dry, totally can't see through.

When wet only the colors can be seen, blurry if talking about shape of body n movements.