Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nexer

Home Sweet Home Feeling

After reading thru tons and tons of t-Blog by u all seniors, at last now its my turn to contribute (maybe more of I needing help...lol)

After a few rounds of balloting, me and my wtb managed to select an unit! :drunk:

Thou its not our preferred 4rm hdb, but guess we can live with 3rm atm.

We will be getting our keys in Sep/Oct, so I guess no harm seting up a t-Blog myself and slowly pace myself into the reno process.

First up, my floorplan!

A 38 year old flat... :jawdrop:

IMG_2021.jpg

Some photos of the flat...guess the condition looks OK

Living Room

IMG_1960.jpg

Kitchen

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

MBR

IMG_1963.jpg

:yamseng:

Edited by Nexer

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome aboard 3roomer

hope to c more of your reno pics

Btw the house condition still looks OK

i'm guessing sales of balance flat?

SoB flats are put up for balloting too and there are some really old ones as well.

Some reasons will be that the flat are taken back by HDB because of previous owner playing around with HDB rules (renting out before MOP, using the house for business that HDB do not allow, etc...), owner cannot pay HDB and HDB take back the house or that HDB built too many flats in the past and unable to sell finish (think these flats are built around the 1980s)..

Edited by AlisaWu

Welcome!

Er, I'm confused btw. U mentioned balloting? ... and 38 yrs old flat?! So it's a resale or... ?

most of the time, those older flats are repossessed flats by HDB. like what Alisa said, many reasons why HDB repossessed back the flat. but definitely not "cannot finish selling" cos i don't think 38 years also cannot finish selling lah...hehehehehe.....

Congrats, Nexer! some 3rm can be same size as 4S (84sqm). especially yours have been upgraded with a utility room.

haha.. never think of that >.<

cuz when i ballot SoB that time, see 20yr old flat jiu turn off liao..

thot many ppl will be like me.. wahahaha...

Hi all brothers and sisters~

After reading thru tons and tons of t-Blog by u all seniors, at last now its my turn to contribute (maybe more of I needing help...lol)

After a few rounds of balloting, me and my wtb managed to select an unit! :drunk:

Thou its not our preferred 4rm hdb, but guess we can live with 3rm atm.

We will be getting our keys in Sep/Oct, so I guess no harm seting up a t-Blog myself and slowly pace myself into the reno process.

First up, my floorplan!

A 38 year old flat... :jawdrop:

IMG_2021.jpg

Some photos of the flat...guess the condition looks OK

Living Room

IMG_1960.jpg

Kitchen

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

MBR

IMG_1963.jpg

Hi Nexer, will you be doing any reno on your current place?

Hi, sorry I wasnt clear in my first post. 8|

I got my flat from SOBF exercise. I asked around and the reason why the flat was available under the exercise was that the flat has been rented out by HDB and recently the previous tenant has bought a new HDB so they got to move. (Lucky me?)

Anyway, I'm planning to do a major reno to my place. I doing up the new layout using the Floorplanner and I will share once I have it ready. Like what I have told May_dream1, my reno budget is $25k only so will need all of you to advise me on where I can save some $. :bow:

This is the first draft of my house's layout.

IMG_2068.jpg

I foresee an issue with hacking down the wall between the bathroom and toilet.

Anyone knw if I can reroute the piping? If I cant, then even if i hack the wall down, I cant link the bathroom and toilet together... :bangwall:

IMG_1970.jpg

there will be alot of hacking involved in the reno, dont knw wht my 25K budget will be enuff... :dunno:

Hi Nexer, mind sharing which id/contractor you gonna engage? thank you so much. i'm ard 20k budget as well & intending to get reno loan. not too sure its a good or bad choice for reno loan

Welcome aboard 3roomer

hope to c more of your reno pics

Btw the house condition still looks OK

Thanks Casa!

most of the time, those older flats are repossessed flats by HDB. like what Alisa said, many reasons why HDB repossessed back the flat. but definitely not "cannot finish selling" cos i don't think 38 years also cannot finish selling lah...hehehehehe.....

Congrats, Nexer! some 3rm can be same size as 4S (84sqm). especially yours have been upgraded with a utility room.

Thanks May_dream1! Will be needing alot of help from u all...

Hello~

Welcome to T-blog!

Nice 3room you've found~

Happy Renovation!

Cheers :yamseng: ,

Jaskel

Thanks Jaskel!

Hi Nexer, mind sharing which id/contractor you gonna engage? thank you so much. i'm ard 20k budget as well & intending to get reno loan. not too sure its a good or bad choice for reno loan

Hi Remy, I have yet to meet up with any id/contractor. I want to have a concept/layout of my place first before contacting them. :yamseng:

Hi Remy, I have yet to meet up with any id/contractor. I want to have a concept/layout of my place first before contacting them. :yamseng:

since you not going to stay here for long, maybe until MOP is over, then no need to do elaborate. i would say, make it simple and cosy.... the in thing now is subway tiles with brick walls.... but having these will increase your budget.

you had a layout in mind so meet some IDs and see what they suggest loh...

Hi

I saw alot of nice stuff at Lush Lush. Anyone can share their experience with the shop? Its price is above avg, so abit out of my budget. Now im thinking of going hommage and ask them wht can do up the same design...

Sigh, low budget so bo bian...

Hi

I saw alot of nice stuff at Lush Lush. Anyone can share their experience with the shop? Its price is above avg, so abit out of my budget. Now im thinking of going hommage and ask them wht can do up the same design...

Sigh, low budget so bo bian...

Hi Nexer, we are going to be neighbor soon! :thumbs up: but ur condition is so much beta den mine.. so i think 25k reno should be enough.. can tell urs is on the high floor?

my collection of keys also early Oct! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by mafiawife