Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nexer

Home Sweet Home Feeling

Ya, he did not tell me the breakdown of the electrical cost. If i had known about it, i would not have installed so many powerpoints and lights. And DB box $400? It was not communicted to me at all.

Haha...no matter what's the electrical package he gave you, end up you will still increase the powerpoints de. They are necessary and usually counted as per point. The overall quote looks ok, some more ex, some are cheaper. Mine SCV pt 100/ea, I got 4 in my house. :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ya, he did not tell me the breakdown of the electrical cost. If i had known about it, i would not have installed so many powerpoints and lights. And DB box $400? It was not communicted to me at all.

normally they will provide a list of charges, they had to estimate because there are changes on-going during the renovation period.

What I did was I took down all points instructed/amended by me to avoid over-charge.

Ok, i got to be fair to my ID.

Overall im very happy with his service and the workmanship of the reno. Wat i like best about him is tat he is super duper responsive and contactable. He will not shrink his responsibility and will rectify watever issues u hv with the reno.

I will discuss with him on the electrical cost again. He better give me good discount or else i wont refer customers to him. Lol

Hi guys

Need some help here.

My ID is charging me $2990 for whole house rewiring electrical works for my place. below is the breakdown. when we signed the contract, he told me the estimate is about $1600. is the breakdown reasonable? I bought all the switches and power points casing by myself.

21 lights 840

18 double 990

1 single 45

2 tel 80

2 SCV 170

2-way heater 250

1 aircon 85

cooker hob 35

20A cooker pt 35

DB box 400

Water bond earth point 60

Mayb I din do enough homework, but $2,990 seems quite reasonable for a 3-rm? During my sourcing stage, the quotes i got from different IDs ranged from $2,400-$3,000 (provisional sum for a 3-rm without detailed breakdown). Then when i worked out the detailed breakdown with my appointed ID, he quoted me a lump sum of $3,000. There was after some discount & was much lower compared to if he was to charge me by line items @ respective rates (which he provided for my ref). Of cos, my rates higher than urs lor (e.g. my light @ $45, double-socket @ $65, SCV $100) :( And during the reno process, i removed a few, changed some & added more... so final was $3,430! Really jawdrop! :jawdrop: (PS. Besides 28 light points, I hv a set of cove lights; feature wall lights; 3 x SCV...:P)

Edited by jus4fun

Just had a discussion with Nic and he agreed to give me a CNY discount! Hehee, so glad that i engaged him as my ID. Let me try to take some pictures of my home and you all will get what i mean.

Hey Nic, if you happen to chance upon here in the future, thanks alot man! Kudos to u!!

So my reno process is 99.99% completed. I shall take a backseat from now on.

All the best to those looking to reno their homes! Hope u all managed to get someone as good as Nic!

Hi nexer.congrats for ur smooth reno.can share ur id and if possible e reno breakdown? If u cant pm me.pls send to my email elviramahara@gmail.com

Thanks a ton!!!

Can share contractor contact?my email is wesin78@gmail.com thks!

Hi nexer.congrats for ur smooth reno.can share ur id and if possible e reno breakdown? If u cant pm me.pls send to my email elviramahara@gmail.com

Thanks a ton!!!

emailed