Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eekenji

Second Home ~ Tampines 5I

Week III renovation - last week progress was rather slow ... They are doing the electrical works (still ongoing) and city gas peoples have come to install the city gas piping. The contractor also started to install bathroom accessories such as toilet bowls, shower kerbs and basins. However this week we found that the kerb was really close to the toilet bowl, we asked the contractor to fix this issue. They wanted to charge us another 200 bucks, I thought this shall be FOC since this was their fault? My husband said just pay it and let the issue get resolved, I was quite unhappy with this. Not only this issue, other issues the contractor also keep asking for money ..

1353453074-3658696597_n.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Based on the picture it's look very close..when fix the glass panel would be too close to the toilet bowl would have problem cleaning....i guess those not so good contractors can claim that no specific instructions on the actual position is given ... when certain things is actually common sense they should know...

Yeah ~ Inspired of the mood boards shared by frigginfuchsia, thinking to do my own mood boards :

Moodboard | Foyer

:: Shoe cabinet ::

1343551777-2639384956.jpg

:: Bench at the foyer ::

1343532639-1619622064.jpg

May I know what application you use to decorate the photos and draw the arrows? Thanks..

Based on the picture it's look very close..when fix the glass panel would be too close to the toilet bowl would have problem cleaning....i guess those not so good contractors can claim that no specific instructions on the actual position is given ... when certain things is actually common sense they should know...

crypaz, yeah .. totally agreed. My husband'd mention on the distance for shower area and yesterday he measured again, the contractor has done another 3 inch extra - so confirmed is their fault. But not sure if they still insisted want us to pay the money to fix the problem ..

If clear instructions have been given... no reason for u all to bear the cost...sometimes can be quite grey cause verbal no black n white words can get twist.n turn....

Unless it's additional work required by your side then it make sense to pay...

May I know what application you use to decorate the photos and draw the arrows? Thanks..

Hi FairyStar, I used photoshop and photoscape to edit these photos. Arrows were done with the photoshop ~

If clear instructions have been given... no reason for u all to bear the cost...sometimes can be quite grey cause verbal no black n white words can get twist.n turn....

Unless it's additional work required by your side then it make sense to pay...

crypaz .. I also feel that no reason for us to bear the cost. We will try to negotiate with the contractor. Anyway, we still haven't fully paid the reno cost. So still have chance to reject to pay extra ..

Is that done by the contractor Ah Huat? I guess thats why need everything in black and white...

Hope this incident doesn't dampen the reno mood!

Is that done by the contractor Ah Huat? I guess thats why need everything in black and white...

Hope this incident doesn't dampen the reno mood!

Wowach, you are right. That was done by the ppls from contractor Ah Huat, i.e. we didn't have good recommendation on him as for now. And he didn't like to have things in black and white as he not good in paper works. I not sure if this applied to all the contractors, he just same as others?

Yesterday my husband went to site to chk and the kerbs are fixed .. finally.

Tmr I will have chance to go to new house to see the progress, the curtain maker also will come tomorrow to do the curtain measurement. This week have a lot of progress .. below are the pics taken by husband yesterday - the kitchen cabinets already fixed and doors will be installed too. We are using the BLUM mechanism and we choose the glossy laminate though we prefer matte finishing. Choosing glossy finishing was because of easier maintenance.

1353656447-1730296299.jpg

1353656448-4141562639.jpg

Wowach, you are right. That was done by the ppls from contractor Ah Huat, i.e. we didn't have good recommendation on him as for now. And he didn't like to have things in black and white as he not good in paper works. I not sure if this applied to all the contractors, he just same as others?

Yesterday my husband went to site to chk and the kerbs are fixed .. finally.

Good to hear. Did he charge in the end?

You havePM by the way. ;)

U hacked the flooring? The existing condition is pretty good!

theitsybits, we only hacked the kitchen flooring and changed to wooden looked tiles. Living room is existing parquet flooring ;)

theitsybits, we only hacked the kitchen flooring and changed to wooden looked tiles. Living room is existing parquet flooring ;)

hi, the wood look tiles are nice, may I know which supplier are they from?