Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaspok

Looking To Buy Ec @ One Canberra Or Heron Bay

Hi Bros, I'm(my fiancée and me) considering to buy an EC which is either One Canberra or upcoming Heron Bay.

I stay in Jurong and selling my 4 rm(co-owned with my mum) pending the HDB appointment date. My proceeds will only come in Sep/Oct which will help in my cash OTP and etc for an EC. Budget and unit selection is 3BR compact 947-1010 sqft @ $600-$750/sgft.

Previously was looking at Rainforest(the last unit sold in early July) and Blossom(left 5%). Found One Canberra to be rather ideal in terms of location and near my Sis place(my newborn niece) where my parents can visit easily as well as the investment value by the time it's matured. Don't plan on staying more than 10 years.

The only worry I have is the good units @ one canberra will be sold by Sep/Oct and I'm left with Heron bay(near my workplace in Tai Seng) as other EC locations are in the Northeast or East.

Appreciate your inputs in the Pros & Cons of these 2 EC or any other suggestions.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Bros, I'm(my fiancée and me) considering to buy an EC which is either One Canberra or upcoming Heron Bay.

I stay in Jurong and selling my 4 rm(co-owned with my mum) pending the HDB appointment date. My proceeds will only come in Sep/Oct which will help in my cash OTP and etc for an EC. Budget and unit selection is 3BR compact 947-1010 sqft @ $600-$750/sgft.

Previously was looking at Rainforest(the last unit sold in early July) and Blossom(left 5%). Found One Canberra to be rather ideal in terms of location and near my Sis place(my newborn niece) where my parents can visit easily as well as the investment value by the time it's matured. Don't plan on staying more than 10 years.

The only worry I have is the good units @ one canberra will be sold by Sep/Oct and I'm left with Heron bay(near my workplace in Tai Seng) as other EC locations are in the Northeast or East.

Appreciate your inputs in the Pros & Cons of these 2 EC or any other suggestions.

Hi Jaspok,

Executive condos happen to be my passion and you can find info about any EC (both old & new) in Singapore on my website here.

Both 1Canberra and Heron Bay 3br units will fit your budget of $600 - $750psf.

Currently there are still fair amount of 3 bedrm units left in 1Canberra. Chances are that you can still find your choice units by Sep. There are 3br compact (without service yard), 3br standard and 3br dual key available now. you can find more details such as unit size here

As for Heron Bay, it's expected to be launched in mid Sep, so it should be quite timely for your consideration since your HDB appt as mentioned is ard Sep/Oct. This is a smaller development compared to 1Canberra, offering 394 units vs 655 units. Click for Heron Bay EC details

There will be upcoming ECs this half year in Punggol, Sengkang, Woodlands and Tampines. If you are interested to know if they are near your ideal locations, you can check out this upcoming EC report.

Cheers!

For me I will choose Heronbay. Heronbay psf is better than one canberra and that both has its own convenience since heronbay is near to your workplace. One canberra good units have been sold out as you mentioned, so I will choose Heronbay.

Edited by dada050909

depends on what you think is a good unit lor. very subjective. which one has more units, which pool shape you like. which one you think has less bay window, planter space. then it goes down to floor and facing of the unit according to plans. you drive, then whether you think the roads outside is jam or not as some roads near condos can be death trap in morning peak time. good hunting!

Hi Jaspok,

Executive condos happen to be my passion and you can find info about any EC (both old & new) in Singapore on my website here.

Both 1Canberra and Heron Bay 3br units will fit your budget of $600 - $750psf.

Currently there are still fair amount of 3 bedrm units left in 1Canberra. Chances are that you can still find your choice units by Sep. There are 3br compact (without service yard), 3br standard and 3br dual key available now. you can find more details such as unit size here

As for Heron Bay, it's expected to be launched in mid Sep, so it should be quite timely for your consideration since your HDB appt as mentioned is ard Sep/Oct. This is a smaller development compared to 1Canberra, offering 394 units vs 655 units. Click for Heron Bay EC details

There will be upcoming ECs this half year in Punggol, Sengkang, Woodlands and Tampines. If you are interested to know if they are near your ideal locations, you can check out this upcoming EC report.

Cheers!

Hi Mikel88,

Thanks for your feedback. Well the sales for 1 Canberra wasn't that great and that's actually a blessing to me as I lean more to this EC. I'm more of a west person though I work in the East (Tai sing) and Yishun is a bonus as my parents visit their grand daughter there weekly. I have surveyed Heron bay area with DBSS Parklane and new launch Riversails Condo, the area is congested and HB is being marketed as a premium EC which will prob have prices like 750-800 and the 3 br easily hits 800-900k which is off my budget.

In fact Riversails is selling close to that price excluding their early bird discount, I feel that the price for this area is over hyped. Nonetheless, we shall see the launch price for HB as I can only do my shopping next month onwards.

One Canberra just released 2bedroom DK units!

Hi Felicia,

Thanks for the info, I heard about it as well but there seems to be no official layout of the 2 br dk when I was at the showroom last Sunday.

depends on what you think is a good unit lor. very subjective. which one has more units, which pool shape you like. which one you think has less bay window, planter space. then it goes down to floor and facing of the unit according to plans. you drive, then whether you think the roads outside is jam or not as some roads near condos can be death trap in morning peak time. good hunting!

Hi angusbeef,

Thanks for your opinion. I have more or less set my eyes on 2 stacks at Canberra which are out facing as I prefer a faraway view with natural breeze. Layout nowadays are pretty much the same for ECs it's prob the location that matters and pricing. I visualize Morning traffic in both Yishun and Hougang will be terrible as well as the other mature estates so that's pretty unavoidable.

1cancerra does not have 2 bed rooms duay keys.. strictly at least 3 bed rooms up.

they merely converted some 3 bedder units to 3 room duay keys unit because the response for 3 bed rooms duay keys seem to be better..

they converted stack 43,14,18, and 28 to 3 bed room duay keys..

I just bought one of the newly converted 3 bed room duay keys on Monday.

Btw.. i just went again on Wed.. still got so manyyyyy units of 3 beds room compact left.. 3 room standards also left pretty a lot.

Edited by happybride

1cancerra does not have 2 bed rooms duay keys.. strictly at least 3 bed rooms up.

they merely converted some 3 bedder units to 3 room duay keys unit because the response for 3 bed rooms duay keys seem to be better..

they converted stack 43,14,18, and 28 to 3 bed room duay keys..

I just bought one of the newly converted 3 bed room duay keys on Monday.

Btw.. i just went again on Wed.. still got so manyyyyy units of 3 beds room compact left.. 3 room standards also left pretty a lot.

hi, can i know which stack u brought? I heard is was a 2bedroom DK, which mean one master room , one normal room plus another studio. Does you have the layout? I saw MCC newspaper adv stated as "2bedroom+ study dual key units".