Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Any Window Grilles Contractor To Recommend

And sorry, im just very observant..Boxer r u working for Home Master Enterprise? Coz u seem to be very free to post such a lengthy post both here and in mummysg that i saw just now. If ur a mummy of a 2 yr old, u r very very free..n if u r a daddy, u r too free.. peace out

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My mum place need to replace windows and grilles. Bronze/brown color sliding windows n grilles. I think last contractor measured 145 sq feet and quoted $3500++ if im not wrong. Is this reasonable?

Hi there.. I have engaged alex before, got his contact from RT too. Very nice n problem solving chap.

He even offer free lock changing after two years due to wear n tear. Very gd after sales service.

Can share the contact of Alex?

Thanks

If i just need to change my window grills for my EA flat, anyone know what is the downtime? One whole afternoon for installation?

Anyone further tried Andy's services? He charges GST?

This is a true encounter when I was doing window grilles installation for my 5 room HDB flat and I just want to make sure that I share this with as many people as possible. The reason being I do not want other home owners to fall into the same trap and waste their hard earned money.

My baby is coming to 2 yrs old and hence we decided to install window grilles for his safety. Researched in google and shortlisted a few contractors to call. Eventually decided to ask PANG GIAP to come down for measurement as their website looks good and response was fast. They said their PSF pricing was $8.5 for aluminium with white powder coating.

Before they came down I measured on my own and calculated 162 SF.

When their guy came down and measured, he told me it is 224 SF. I questioned him as I can see from his diagrams that his dimensions are identical to what I measured on my own. The guy did not answer me and told me that his sales person will call me the next day and provide me with quotation, and after that he left. The next day sales person sent me quotation and it was $1800 (he said already given me some discount based on my SF), some more the price is before GST. Which means plus GST total will be $1926. I replied asking him to explain why the dimensions taken were same as mine but the area calculated was 30% more? There was no response for one day. I text him again the following day. Still no response. For the 3rd time I reminded him to reply me and still there was no response. I was becoming frustrated and I texted him saying "please let me know if you do not want my business and I will find another contractor to do my job". He finally replied saying "sorry we cannot do your business". To me this is unacceptable but I moved on. PANG GIAP appeared dishonest but I did not want to jump to conclusions yet.

I got another contractor called HOME MASTER ENTERPRISE. They were also very responsive and when their guy came down to measure, his number was 164 SF. Even though their pricing PSF was slightly higher at $8.8, I immediately closed the deal as at least they are honest with their measurement. One very important thing was also that they did not charge GST. So I went from almost paying $1900+ …..to $1300+ (HOME MASTER ENTERPRISE also gave me a good discount) for my 5 room flat window grilles. As I am writing this, my grilles have been installed for 1 week and I have no complaints with workmanship and material. So far so good.

The moral of the story I want to share with home owners here is that don't be fixated on the PSF pricing. Measure the area of your windows on your own 1st and use it as a benchmark to keep the contractors in check. I saved $600 just by doing this.

Cheers.

I hope people who read this will benefit from my experience and not waste their hard earned money unnecessarily.

Saw good review of Andy and also not to waste time compare price with others, I have signed up with him.

As what other RT say, friendly guy and give extra mile of services.

Will post up my review once installation again, 2 weeks later ;)

Hi there.. I have engaged alex before, got his contact from RT too. Very nice n problem solving chap.

He even offer free lock changing after two years due to wear n tear. Very gd after sales service.

Hi charmed is it fine with u to pm me his quote as I need to install window grilles for my living and 3 bedroom service yard windows too before deciding to call him thanks