Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Warrior88

Save Australian Dollars

Dear All forumer,

Any advise which bank is having promotion rates.

Wish to deposit AUS 50,000 . By the way, is this a good time ?

Any comments will be appreciated :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear All forumer,

You shld be able to get better than counter/board rate if you go the "financial adviser" in the banks with 50k. You can try SC and HSBC. Just go to the bank and speak to those at the cubicles instead of the usual banking counters.

As to whether it's a good time to buy, it's really up to you. But now AUD1 is SGD1.3+ , 2 months back it was AUD1 to SGD1.24, to me it's abit high. However, AUD has good fd rate. If these are your spare cash, then no harm put in AUD for the higher interest. Change back to SGD only if the rate goes higher.

Dear All forumer,

Timed interest rates looked to be the "best" among other major currencies.

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/deposits/fixed/foreign_currency_fd.html

But, conversion rate is at its highest, back all the way to 1999.

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=AUDSGD%3DX#symbol=;range=my;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

Gain = interest rate yield + conversion yield.

In this case, I do not suggest to convert SGD to AUS just to earn that 2.82%/6 mnth timed, or 2.6%/3 mn timed.

Too high the risk. Anyway market rules say high risk high return. CAPM rules say "diversify yr investments" to minimise risks.

I would suggest u to park yr $ into "uob emerging markets bond fund", got MONTHLY ~ 5% payout. But upfront to "loss" some for high admin charge, worth for "long term" say 3yrs. I just did that a couples of mnths ago. Not my $, wife's $ :good:

Em.... SC, HSBC, will check with them.

Oh bepgof, I thought AUS is 5% for FD ?

uob emerging markets bond fund, returns base on performance right ?

something like Prudential emerging markets bond fund ?

Actually, I can wait 3 years. These are my very spare.

Em.... SC, HSBC, will check with them.

Oh bepgof, I thought AUS is 5% for FD ?

uob emerging markets bond fund, returns base on performance right ?

something like Prudential emerging markets bond fund ?

Actually, I can wait 3 years. These are my very spare.

Risk is on conversion, interest rate different as compared to sgd = "sure earned"? Unless u can "spare" those amount till the conversion rate up to your favour. In today's volatile mkt, 5% for 1yr? wait long long 4% possible but for 1month then down to 3% for another month, you like this sort or "roller coaster". Suddenly the mining export reduced (very likely), immigration policy change(work 2 yr become citizen). Personally I don't feel comfortable with AUS now, "many rooms" to head south.

Anyway, Euro-zone confirmed insolvency liao, noone want to do business(invest) there now, all siamm as far as they could. Companies and gov debts coupon rates up -uob emerging mkt bond fund, i already studies the past 5yrs trend 5%-6% return, notably monthly payout.