Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PinkPluck

Pluck's Punggol Resort !

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had plans of heavy use of walnut colour laminates to align with the theme of modern resort. But one contractor we met mentioned its too passé. The fiancé was sniggering cos I always get teased by sales people about my old fashioned taste. :bangwall: sadness.

Doesn't matter whether its old fashioned or not. Most importantly you like it. I like walnut laminate too and it's so cosy..... I got no regret, no matter what others say.

hi

yes you def must allow both doors of the side by side fridge to open fully

I'm using one at my current place and the right door cannot open fully; I still can put n retrieve stuff but I can't take the drawers out to wash :-(

so in my new place, I settled for 2 doors;

I must say it feels food to open fridge doors with both hands and hv a full view of yr stocks

yea, if u like walnut then go for it; I like the cosy resort feel and I'm still using this colour in my current Reno

think walnut is timeless.

Doesn't matter whether its old fashioned or not. Most importantly you like it. I like walnut laminate too and it's so cosy..... I got no regret, no matter what others say.

Yeah... The only problem is tat htb likes lighter shade of wood grain. So if We can aso find a lighter colour we both like then might select that....

Hi Pluck, sorry for late reply...

20120509003057.jpg

By smartgold at 2012-08-25

Hi smartgold, we have a mirror image floorplan...Any photos of ur place to share especially kitchen? Wondering if I should do a U-shaped kitchen to maximise counter top space or just an L-shape one to make the kitchen look less cramp.

hi

yes you def must allow both doors of the side by side fridge to open fully

I'm using one at my current place and the right door cannot open fully; I still can put n retrieve stuff but I can't take the drawers out to wash :-(

so in my new place, I settled for 2 doors;

I must say it feels food to open fridge doors with both hands and hv a full view of yr stocks

yea, if u like walnut then go for it; I like the cosy resort feel and I'm still using this colour in my current Reno

think walnut is timeless.

Hi gazingstarz, ive been thinking of giving up the side by side fridge cos the kitchen is just too small. But can't bear too. Haha.

Hi Pluck, personally I think a side by side door fridge is a waste of space unless it's a French door version. I had been using a side by side for the past nine years I feel it can't really contain that much amount of items but sure take up a lot of space. Just my opinion.

Hi smartgold, we have a mirror image floorplan...Any photos of ur place to share especially kitchen? Wondering if I should do a U-shaped kitchen to maximise counter top space or just an L-shape one to make the kitchen look less cramp.

Hi Pluck,

I am also cracking my head over the renovation so sorry no pics to show yet but most likely I will hack the wall for the kichen part. Headache....

Hi Pinkpluck,

Welcome to RT.

Don't worry about salesreps comments.

You are paying so you get to choose your favourite color/model etc.

but for heavily used appliance(s),please consider functionality as well :D

Personally same as smartgold - I oso think side by side door fridge is a waste of space..it really takes up space for a small kitchen and the storage is not really that big ..my 2 cents worth :D

Still waiting for your reno pics..hehe

[i think i roughly can guess where is your place..a nice place] :P

Hi Pluck,

I am also cracking my head over the renovation so sorry no pics to show yet but most likely I will hack the wall for the kichen part. Headache....

Smartgold, me too, thinking of hacking that wall. But living room air con got to work harder. Heh...

Hi Pinkpluck,

Welcome to RT.

Don't worry about salesreps comments.

You are paying so you get to choose your favourite color/model etc.

but for heavily used appliance(s),please consider functionality as well :D

heh heh sunsetsky, thanks for ur advice. Usually in everyday life, I don't really care about wat other pple think of my choices. Im usually v stubborn n certain abt wat i like n want. but somehow for this impending Reno, I don't feel so sure about myself n my taste anymore. Cos Reno is so exp n gotta live with my choices, good or bad for the next 5 years at least..... :unsure:

Personally same as smartgold - I oso think side by side door fridge is a waste of space..it really takes up space for a small kitchen and the storage is not really that big ..my 2 cents worth :D

Still waiting for your reno pics..hehe

[i think i roughly can guess where is your place..a nice place] :P

Argh, 被发现了!! :sport-smiley-004: