Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurryKid

Advice On 3-Rm Resale Flat Quotation

hi may i know if anyone does L-Box/Cove lights in their master bedroom and bedroom as well? Normally what i've seen is only the living room. Not too sure if anyone does for all rooms

Yup, I did that. Reason is I want ceiling fan in my room and no way ceiling fan and normal lights can occupied same space. Only L-box and cove lights at the side, fan in the middle works.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yup, I did that. Reason is I want ceiling fan in my room and no way ceiling fan and normal lights can occupied same space. Only L-box and cove lights at the side, fan in the middle works.

Agreed with May. I recently installed a ceiling fan and did a L-box for each of my 3 bedrooms. Its more expensive this way if you include the installation of the cove lights and ceiling fan and in my case, cost include part removal of the old conrnice at the side.

But it's best possible option and brighten up the room very much. Fans with lights doesn't brighten the room so much and over time, you may find the room dimmed

Thanks May_dream1. Yesterday was my first meeting with ID to get quotation. So he ask me regarding the rooms & i totally went blank. Now i gotta ask the ID nxt time round if i were to put cove lights, am i able to put the ceiling fan. Sigh so much things need to take note. Thank god for renotalk and great users ard here.

Thanks May_dream1. Yesterday was my first meeting with ID to get quotation. So he ask me regarding the rooms & i totally went blank. Now i gotta ask the ID nxt time round if i were to put cove lights, am i able to put the ceiling fan. Sigh so much things need to take note. Thank god for renotalk and great users ard here.

Yes, with cove lights sure can install fan.

Hi all,

Am new here and lurking around the forum for ideas but finally signed option form for the 3-room resale flat. Budget quite tight hence will appreciate all advice given. Thanks :).

First of all floorplan

HDB-1975-3NG-corridor-end-82sqm.jpg

Hi BlurryKid,

First of all, Congrats to you getting your new place. Have read through your wishlist and seen your floorplan. Your budget of 15 to 20k does seem a bit low when you look at the things you wish for your new place. However, there may be certain things you may not need after all, as we often find out for our clients. Material selection and proper planning is also crucial to cost savings. Do drop me an email to discuss more on this and we shall see how we can move towards to getting the right package for you so that you can own your dream home without burnung a big hole in your pockets.

I am Kenny from WL Design and our designer has more than 10 years of experience in this industry. My email is interiorD888@gmail.com. Looking forward to discussing more with you and seeing what kind of advice we can provide you.

Thank you.

Hi all :),

Quotations from two ID firms came back and both not including electricals. Will appreciate if you all can tell me which part is overpriced. Definitely busted my budget! :(

ID 1

ID1_Part1.jpg

ID1_Part2.jpg

ID 2

ID2_Part1.jpg

ID2_Part2.jpg

Thanks! :D

Edited by BlurryKid

Hey blurrykid,

You've got clearer pics? Can't really see them. Sry got bad eyesight. :lol:

:yamseng: ,

Mike

On my photobuket acct no probs but I think they restrict the size limit :( I try breaking into few pix later.

Ok edited the pix...done :)

Edited by BlurryKid

With the 15k to 20k budget (which is very difficult for all the wish list items), i suggest use it to do the major and important things first, including flooring, electrical, painting and plastering all do nice nice. Other things like tempered glass door for kitchen and kitchen cabinet, these things can slowly do in the future .

Thanks for the advice :)

Like kitchen swing door i need becos my living rm will be aircon. But anyway i decide to set budget to 20-25k if i wanna do living n bedroom flr. Only if i dnt do flooring then i can keep within 20k including electricals.

Hi Blurrykid, Renotalk Bros,

I am also getting a 3RM resale, but 3NG. Flat plan is same as yours! but smaller. Front room not as big as yours.

Me going for mininalist design idea, cos less thing means look big, easy to maintain.

Want to hack the wall between living room and kitchen, but have to abort the not practical idea of hacking the front room wall.

May i know what the estimate cost and time difference below for a 3rm flat:

Hacking existing floor tiles in living, kitchen and bed rooms then lay homogenous floor tiles.

Laminate floor for all the above. Can the latest of laminate flooring last longer?

Which is the practical choice? I am planning for a long stay.

Any advices and ideas are welcome, thanks.

Edited by natural9

I am also getting a 3RM resale, but 3NG. Flat plan is same as yours! but smaller. Front room not as big as yours.

Me going for mininalist design idea, cos less thing means look big, easy to maintain.

Want to hack the wall between living room and kitchen, but have to abort the not practical idea of hacking the front room wall.

Hacking existing floor tiles in living, kitchen and bed rooms then lay homogenous floor tiles.

Laminate floor for all the above. Can the latest of laminate flooring last longer?

Hi natural9 :)

So far from the quotations I have gotten if you wanna go for a revamp of the whole flat including flooring, kitchen, rewiring then prob must be prepared to fork out at least 25k. But if you are also going to do both the toilets add another 5k so that will be 30k. All these not including getting stuffs like accessories, lighting, aircon, furnishings yet :o

For living I think homogeneous is good then laminated for bedrooms will have a cosy feel.

I might be aborting the idea of hacking kitchen wall and redoing living n bedroom floorings so that I can keep within my 20k budget *sigh* Money is so small now. How come our salary rise does not match the inflation and housing rise? :o

Usually ids will recommend to change everything new. The hacking n tiling works in your living room already costing u $3k. They never quote u for repolish ? Y they never quote u for electrical works ? Electrical works going to cost u roughly $2-3k exclude lightings which going to cost another $1k+

Both quotation are standard id pricing plus minus here n there. F.O.C for design consultation , design planning etc already gave away their id status. i.e. the prices are marked up higher for their id service . Do u really NEED those designer's carpentry works n ceilings ? Simple carpentry n ceiling works will cost lesser...

You going to redo the kitchen entrance ?

Since u are planning a long stay, homogenous floor tiles will be a better choice although it may cost more than laminate.

Blurrykid's quotation for hacking n laying floor tiles in the living is already costing $3k. You may have to prepare another $8k+ for bedroom n kitchen. Actually bedroom is ok to use laminate floor, cozier feel n lesser movement than living room.