Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

close up of my wood tiles..everyone thought it's wood..heh

303104_10151138610763078_1758785656_n.jpg

Hi can we ask if you can remember the price for the wood tile? We saw them at An Huat & Hafary at $4.10 to over $5, which is above Alan's quote of $3.80 max. Did you have to top up? We are looking for cheaper wood tiles but hopefully the quality is not too compromised ...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi can we ask if you can remember the price for the wood tile? We saw them at An Huat & Hafary at $4.10 to over $5, which is above Alan's quote of $3.80 max. Did you have to top up? We are looking for cheaper wood tiles but hopefully the quality is not too compromised ...

mine's $5+..this tile i chose is from spain ..alan quoted me based on the tile i chose..so i believe he has already factored in the additional costs?

eh so you have decided on alan? :sport-smiley-018:

PS: by the way, alan is pretty generous in giving up to $3.80psf tiles. others tend to give only up to $3.40 :( you can choose mainly china & indonesia wood tiles based on that budget. try soon bee huat. they have a wider selection of wood tiles.

Edited by retchlow

Finally get to see some carpentry pictures. Is your wardrobe door laminate or wood? Looks like wood! That vanity cabinet is yellow? Nice colour :) Are you doing any top hung cabinet in kitchen?

May I know the lengths of your wardrobe and the track lights above it?

Edited by bleucheeze

Your reno is looking good. Love your wardrobe doors. DO you know how the carpenter achieve that pattern? Was it carved out of wood, or did they add a thin piece of wood on top of the other?

Mind me asking also where you got the unit numbers? The usual fonts are not so interesting.

Your reno is looking good. Love your wardrobe doors. DO you know how the carpenter achieve that pattern? Was it carved out of wood, or did they add a thin piece of wood on top of the other?

Mind me asking also where you got the unit numbers? The usual fonts are not so interesting.

hi benauhc thanks! they added an extra layer of wood. i think carving can only be achieved on solid wood.

custom made the unit number from A1 sign. u can choose the font, size & color.

cabinet handles installed

531582_10151140368258078_560158698_n.jpg

556910_10151140368343078_1308653628_n.jpg

took out my banker's lamp for testing:

310497_10151140368303078_954561373_n.jpg

love it! now i'm so tempted to get the white one too...

finally installed the samsung digital door lock!

156083_10151140372883078_621116096_n.jpg

great service from the installer :thumbs up:

Hi retchlow,

We r planning to purchase Samsung digital lock from eBay or qoo10, may I know how u install it? Did Alan install for u?

By the way we met up wif Alan too.. Waiting eagerly for his quotation now :))

Hope his quotation won't be too ex.

Retchlow! I love your wardrobe doors!! Mind sharing if Alan charges extra for this? Is it laminated or painted or varnished?

Next Monday we are meeting Alan to confirm :) yippee! We have told him before the last quote about our wood-like tiles which we saw at Hafary & An Huat ourselves ($4.20 per sq foot at Hafary). So we did it the other way round, we went tile shortlisting ourselves before we confirm the contractor. Brought the tile samples to Alan and told him to revise quote based on these prices LOL.

The only thing we are thinking to add or not is a brick pillar next to the bar counter... Monday, we will ask him!

Retchlow! I love your wardrobe doors!! Mind sharing if Alan charges extra for this? Is it laminated or painted or varnished?

Next Monday we are meeting Alan to confirm :) yippee! We have told him before the last quote about our wood-like tiles which we saw at Hafary & An Huat ourselves ($4.20 per sq foot at Hafary). So we did it the other way round, we went tile shortlisting ourselves before we confirm the contractor. Brought the tile samples to Alan and told him to revise quote based on these prices LOL.

The only thing we are thinking to add or not is a brick pillar next to the bar counter... Monday, we will ask him!

Ya he charged me extra because it involves more work. It's laminated.

My smeg is here! Photos later! :)

Edited by retchlow

Hi retchlow,

We r planning to purchase Samsung digital lock from eBay or qoo10, may I know how u install it? Did Alan install for u?

By the way we met up wif Alan too.. Waiting eagerly for his quotation now :))

Hope his quotation won't be too ex.

Hi I bought it from MyDigitalLock. Price includes installation. It's much cheaper to buy from qoo10 but I didn't want the hassle of finding pple to install. He took slightly more than an hour to install, doesn't look that simple.

Edited by retchlow

Ya he charged me extra because it involves more work. It's laminated.

My smeg is here! Photos later! :)

SMEG! Curious about the color you have chosen!

here comes one of the highlights..room doors

549796_10151141406913078_1043836633_n.jpg

HAHAHAHA doesn't these remind you of IKEA or Comfort Taxi & Citycab? :sport-smiley-004:

and lastly..my SMEG Fridge..still wrapped in plastic though. really grateful to my supplier who gave me a further discount! :thumbs up:

482296_10151141138598078_502036874_n.jpg

i'm really very happy to see the bits & pieces being put together. my house is very very simply designed but i try to play it up alittle using colors.

will post more photos once more stuff are up :dancingqueen:

Edited by retchlow