Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hueychye

Paint The Main Door..

hi, may i know what if i skip step 1 to 7, and only do step 8, what will happen to the gate? :unsure:

If you don't need a perfect job, you must perform step 7 and 8. Step 7 is very important - it'll help new paint adhere to the old paint.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
If you don't need a perfect job, you must perform step 7 and 8. Step 7 is very important - it'll help new paint adhere to the old paint.

i see ... what grade of sand paper will you recommend for metal gates? 40, 80 or higher? :unsure:

can anyone advise me how to remove existing varnishing main door? is it to use 80 grade sand paper, then clean the dust, paint rose color, let it dry then paint clear gloss varnishing.

can anyone advise me how to remove existing varnishing main door? is it to use 80 grade sand paper, then clean the dust, paint rose color, let it dry then paint clear gloss varnishing.

You need to use paint stripper if you want to paint light tone over dark tone.

If you are using the same tone, just sand likely with grit 100 sand paper and apply those can varnish with lacquer.

If you are using the same tone, just sand likely with grit 100 sand paper and apply those can varnish with lacquer.

homefix selling paint stripper?

how to remove existing varnish paint. Recently it is painting clear varnish paint. I can't find paint stripper in hardware store. Is paint stripper same as paint remover? If i used sand paper, then the wood have a little scratches?

Go to a paint/hardware shop & tell them you want a paint removal for removing the varnish.

It's 'teck sai', no idea what the actual spelling Maybe is what Diavonex mention - taxite.

Be careful when using this, strong smell, just like thinner.

Use a brush to apply this removal, leave aside it for some time till you see varnish surface.

Remove it with a scaper and repeat the procedure.

Leave the door to be dry enough before sanding.

Dust it or wipe it clean before you apply the varnishes.

after apply primer, do sandpaper gently and dilute with a little of turpentine right. quite tedious job.

Can reply me, Need to mix water or turpentine for water based / oil based wood / metal paint? Any white paint won't turn yellowish?