Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
radioteletype

Beware Of Made In Japan Mitsubishi Fridges!

Initially wanted to buy made in japan mitsubishi 6 doors fridge but warned by best denki sales person that mitsubishi compressors are made by panasonic in singapore!!. He even dismantled the back of the fridge to show me the panasonic sticker on the compressor!

This is travesty Mitsubishi!! When you proclaim your products are made in Japan, it means every component should be made in Japan! Yet you are charging high prices for your so called "Made in Japan" products.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bro radio,

Don't be angry.. At least it is not make in china. Nowsaday most item spare part are make in different country but assemble in the origin country itself n QC by them lor

Cheers

Luckily, the best denki salesperson who served me is honest about made in japan mitsubishi fridges. He said the compressor is the most important component of the fridge. Since the compressor is made by panasonic in Singapore, you might as well buy a panasonic fridge. You are just spending more money on the design of mitsubishi fridges. It just doesn't make sense!

I am not against companies buying from each other components or even which countries manufactured the products . But please be honest to your customers! Using the made in japan label just to charge higher prices is plain travesty!

Sounds like you spoke to a Panasonic salesman. Do you know that every single salesperson in Courts and Best Denki is actually atached to a brand? You really cannot believe their 'recommendations'. Sometimes I just browse there and if I look at a certain product, the salesperson will come over and try all ways and means to make me switch to 'his' brand. Of course he will never admit he is promoting that brand but you can easily tell. For example Mitsubishi, Electrolux and Sharp seldom put salespeople in these stores, which is why the staff will never recommend them. Europace always has their own people promoting the fans at Best Denki, no matter what brand fan you look at, they will come over and say no good, try this one instead etc. If you insist on buying say a KDK fan you see their face turn black.

Im Sry but Very funny TS,

Open & look at all your appliances,

You will find out that most if not all of it have parts that were not made where u thought it made from

So what's the big deal?

Peace!

mit******* fridge compressor is made by panasonic matsu****a a part of pansonic department since donkey years . Its juz that not all the brand have to have all they parts made by themself ,out source might be good as well .Same goes for led panels makers big company like s**y also buys from sam***g . Not a big deal to make a dent in the muilt millon dollars sales COMPANY LIKE MIT*******...

What are the views on MIJ fridges? My own experience is:

1. Sanyo fridge - 1980s till now - never changed anything.

2. Panasonic fridge with ice making function - works great as a fridge goes when I bought it 4 years ago till now; but metal surface on the door started corrosion after a year or so. Disappointing.

I am likely to buy a new fridge soon. Torn between cheap fridge confirm MIC or a MIJ for double the price.

Any views? Anyone has a MIC fridge is problem free? I reckon not that bad, right?

Cheers

MIJ fridges cost significantly more compared to non-MIJ considering the functions and capacity. I have used a LG (not sure made in which country) fridge and it's still running problem-free for 4 years. The terminology of made in which country is ambiguous to simple consumers like us so we will never know the truth behind where the parts were actually made in. And that is a big unknown. Therefore, I wouldn't pay for MIJ fridges at that price point. I would just buy a non-MIJ Mitsubishi which can be had for about $1000 (450L net capacity) or less depending on capacity and functions.

Somehow most of my relatives use Mitsubishi fridge and mostly are above 10 years.

My mum's 16 years, still running (don't know made in where), mine's 7 years (MIJ).

My MIL's one is Korean brand, changed twice in the last 10 years.

I am not affiliated to any brand, just stating own experience.