Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jocarissa

Id Not Responsive, Delays In Work

Dear forumers, my renovation schedule "rightfully" started on 18 June, and next friday is the handover date.

We engaged Ideal House for this project as we thought the ID is very sincere, and the quote is competitive to others.

However, it has been nearly 4 weeks, and the only things done are the hacking of kitchen/toilets cabinet, false ceiling in living room (just completed few days ago) and wiring.

Items not done

Painting, Tiling of toilets + stone wall, carpentary works, installation of toilets vanity sets... all these are not done yet despite the toilets stuff arrived during the first week of renovation.

Is this normal to those who have experience renovation before? next friday is the handover, and we are quite anxious as we have plans for furniture to start arriving next saturday.

Looking at the renovation scale, we thoughts ours are pretty minor, and 5 weeks are more than enough and considered very generous.

in fact we closed one eye despite knowing that the ID didnt start renovation on actual date, and we still make the 50% payment last week to the ID.

It was quite shocking today when we visited the house, and the house is pretty much in the original stage as last week when i visited.

Progress has been very slow, and ID not responsive to our calls and emails.

What should i do? should we give him more time, i'm not sure whether he could complete all the works in one week time when he actualky spread it over 5 weeks in his renovation schedule.

I'm at a loss now whether to contact his boss - Kenneth is the boss right according to some of the forumers.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh man i feel for you too. Contact Kenneth ba. From the forums he seems to be good. These delays shouldn't happen if planned properly.

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

Thanks all. I contacted Kenneth yesterday and he assured me that the Id is a very responsible guy and they commit to finish the work nx friday. Shortly I received a SMS from the Id that it would be delayed until 22th as he wanted to ensure a good handover, exchanged a few messages and now I'm still waitin for his reply whether we should delay some of the furnitures' delivery date.

Posting on forum for help is really a desperate attempt as we certainly do not want the relationship to be sour. But then, what to do? I will post a blog on my renovation works as I do take photo on a weekly intervals, although most of the works are going to happen only nx week. The fault on our side is probably the delay of arrival of sound system wire which he explained are the main reason of delay -___-" but I wonder what is it got to do with kitchen and toilet.

Anyway I hope it's just a miscommunication, and hopefully it won't be further delay. Still waiting for his confirmation whether to postpone furniture.

22nd is the day after public holiday. Long weekend and most Malaysian workers (ie carpenters) will not be working. I wonder the delay will happen again or not

:( Have to give benefit of doubt,I just hope quality and workmanship wouldn't be compromised since they are trying to finish all these within one week!!! Given all the rave and good things mentioned of ideal house in the forum, I hope they would prove themselves to be worth our trust again. I will find out in a week time anyway

My id also very irresponsible. After signed with him for 2mth only flooring done. Nothing else. No schedule n proper planning no update. Yet kp demanding payment. n worse he doesn't know how much we already giving him. He has been creating nightmare for us. Still demand $$ tdy. We told him if we given this amt time him. We not only finish payment but given extra too. we are so inexperienced n dunno wat to do to mk him do his work

My id also very irresponsible. After signed with him for 2mth only flooring done. Nothing else. No schedule n proper planning no update. Yet kp demanding payment. n worse he doesn't know how much we already giving him. He has been creating nightmare for us. Still demand $$ tdy. We told him if we given this amt time him. We not only finish payment but given extra too. we are so inexperienced n dunno wat to do to mk him do his work

Dear forumers, my renovation schedule "rightfully" started on 18 June, and next friday is the handover date.

We engaged Ideal House for this project as we thought the ID is very sincere, and the quote is competitive to others.

However, it has been nearly 4 weeks, and the only things done are the hacking of kitchen/toilets cabinet, false ceiling in living room (just completed few days ago) and wiring.

Items not done

Painting, Tiling of toilets + stone wall, carpentary works, installation of toilets vanity sets... all these are not done yet despite the toilets stuff arrived during the first week of renovation.

Is this normal to those who have experience renovation before? next friday is the handover, and we are quite anxious as we have plans for furniture to start arriving next saturday.

Looking at the renovation scale, we thoughts ours are pretty minor, and 5 weeks are more than enough and considered very generous.

in fact we closed one eye despite knowing that the ID didnt start renovation on actual date, and we still make the 50% payment last week to the ID.

It was quite shocking today when we visited the house, and the house is pretty much in the original stage as last week when i visited.

Progress has been very slow, and ID not responsive to our calls and emails.

What should i do? should we give him more time, i'm not sure whether he could complete all the works in one week time when he actualky spread it over 5 weeks in his renovation schedule.

I'm at a loss now whether to contact his boss - Kenneth is the boss right according to some of the forumers.

It's probably impossible for your id to handover in the next 1 mth. Tiling will probably take you 2-3wks liao esp the toilet tiles because you need to waterproof and only 1 worker can tile 1 toilet at a time. Capentry will need another 1 wk after tiling is up. Painting will be another few days. I am pretty sure that the id is just stalling time.. he dun want to tell you what is the "realistic" date. The new date he given you may not be the date he really can deliver also.

Hi all, I wanted to share my id. I kp trying to start a new thread but it didnt appear. So i shall share it here.

My id is sam frm innerspace at beautyworld has delay our renov for 4mth. One mth mia, 2mths chaseing 3d pic which later only give 2despite i doing so many carpentry. One mth to hack flooring n do ceiling. Despite all these, he kp cancelling our appt, giving alot excuses like, carpenter bankrupt, mother passed away. Hp in office. Not only i complained, our neighbours has been doing renov for more than 6mths n still doing.

Another thing is he very disorganised, never tk notes. In the end all our carpentry have to redo. Reason are wrong material, wrong design, wrong colour wrong dimension. Washing machine cant even fit in despite we given him the dimension earlier. Next prob is payment, kp asking for $$. Haven start work already insist more than $15k. Threaten us if we dun pay he cant start. So wat to do?? Then kp delaying the payment receipt. Not only that, we tk his electrician, he doesnt wan to give us quotation. Jus tell us more than 3k. I dun believe new 4rm need more than 3k for electrician. So we insist to pay after seeing the breakdown. He then say oh is less than 3k actually. See! Obviously he trying to cheat us. The lightings n toilet accessories also spent us $8k. Imagine how much commision he earn so much frm us.

Pls think twice before engaging him. Not only i encountered this. My neighbour also having same prob as me.

Edited by Elyn

Hi all, I wanted to share my id. I kp trying to start a new thread but it didnt appear. So i shall share it here.

My id is sam frm innerspace at beautyworld has delay our renov for 4mth. One mth mia, 2mths chaseing 3d pic which later only give 2despite i doing so many carpentry. One mth to hack flooring n do ceiling.

Why did you engage me since you have problem from the start? Sometimes.. it's better to "cut" off a bad id, then to prolong the pain. Lost abit better than lose alot..

...... The lightings n toilet accessories also spent us $8k. Imagine how much commision he earn so much frm us.

Pls think twice before engaging him. Not only i encountered this. My neighbour also having same prob as me.

Wow, $8k for lightings and accessories, must be a lot and very expensive stuffs you have got.

Wow, $8k for lightings and accessories, must be a lot and very expensive stuffs you have got.

Hi,

After we check the prices with other shops, we realise all stuffs they quote is double or triple the price. We understand that id will earn abit of commission. But this id of ours is extremely greedy. Btw we have no led light at all. Can u imagine how much he gain frm us. The things is since u earn so much then do ur job properly. What we alway thought engaging id is id will listen to our needs n handle everything. We jus pay n get our hse done. But this id very lazy. Never do work one. Nv listen to customer's need. All carpentry do wrong. Worst is dun retify n still insist ppl to accept the wrong carpentry. We really feel so 不甘心. btw if im the only customer complain it then maybe partially is my fault nv explain clearly. But our neighbour who engage him also having difficult. I think he gg to handover our hse one yr later.

Hi,

After we check the prices with other shops, we realise all stuffs they quote is double or triple the price. We understand that id will earn abit of commission. But this id of ours is extremely greedy. Btw we have no led light at all. Can u imagine how much he gain frm us. The things is since u earn so much then do ur job properly. What we alway thought engaging id is id will listen to our needs n handle everything. We jus pay n get our hse done. But this id very lazy. Never do work one. Nv listen to customer's need. All carpentry do wrong. Worst is dun retify n still insist ppl to accept the wrong carpentry. We really feel so 不甘心. btw if im the only customer complain it then maybe partially is my fault nv explain clearly. But our neighbour who engage him also having difficult. I think he gg to handover our hse one yr later.

That why lightings and toileties stuff we source ourselves without the help of our ID, this type of stuffs go to jalan besar or IMM, lots of places to source,our lighting plus our toileties added up only around 2.2k, your 8K really overspent, singapore so small. Why let the ID earns this kind of commission in the first place, just reject him will do. Btw, set him a deadline to handover your house, ask him when he can handover to you, minimum of renovation should be 3-3.5 months for that, if more than that, good luck to you, please hold whatever payment if job done not up to standard/your satisfaction.

Edited by lady081980

That why lightings and toileties stuff we source ourselves without the help of our ID, this type of stuffs go to jalan besar or IMM, lots of places to source,our lighting plus our toileties added up only around 2.2k, your 8K really overspent, singapore so small. Why let the ID earns this kind of commission in the first place, just reject him will do. Btw, set him a deadline to handover your house, ask him when he can handover to you, minimum of renovation should be 3-3.5 months for that, if more than that, good luck to you, please hold whatever payment if job done not up to standard/your satisfaction.

Precisely.. we dunno ma..thought let him earn abit.. how i know is not abit. Is alot. Some of our neighbours says they oso let their id earn abit commisssion but they comment our id is too greedy. :(

Now become everynight cannot slp. wake up in the middle of night thinkk our hse how. Then also cause me n my hubby r/s crack. Alway quarrelled. My neighbour who tk this id says they got to suffer becausr they dun have a place to stay as they already sold their hse. Now have to rent a place.

I really very very sad.

Edited by Elyn