Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jocarissa

Id Not Responsive, Delays In Work

Somemore after that we wan to add a storage bench to the mbr window. We ask him how much. He quotes Us $1.8k so we nv do. But when we ask around everybody tell us less than 1k leh. U see.. he really too much. N we nw very very poor. He squeeze all our money. We already spend all our saving n tk renov loan. Was thinking isit possible to draft a contract ourselves to ask for compensation if by this mth not complete? Or we can go to CASE to complained?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i think you better go to case to lodge a complaint better, keep all your contract and receipts as evidence. 4 mths without any works done is too much to bear. better cut your loss now rather than to suffer more at the later stage.

Is there anyone who has successfully lodged a complaint/lawsuit and gotten back money for unfinished/poor work? I am seriously intending to take legal action against an irresponsible and dishonest "ID".

Those who have experience or stories to share, please let me know. Thanks! :)

I hope all this nightmare would not happen to anyone.

I started my reno 6 weeks and suppose to hand over this week but nothing much is done. I kept chasing him for exact completion date with no answer. Kept delaying with many excuses eg: relative hospitalised, sick, and now sick again. Cannot answer, would answer me days later, when asked again. Keep saying later , later, advise you later till no ending.

**** angry.

My schedule is really tight. Need to move in next Thursday but mostly everything is not fully done up, about 80-90% not done. Don't know how.

When ask him, then complain me why so fierce, don;t trust him is it, blah.... Real angry.

Has anyone complained about their ID before to CASE? How effective is this method as compared to lodging a complaint through Small Tribunal?

FYI, I am asking my ID for a refund as he keeps on delaying the work. But after he agreed on the amount, even the refund is being delayed.

I reported to CASE and they gave me the options of 1) go through them for mediation 2) report directly to Small Tribunal.

Please share your experiences as I want to know which route is most effective for us, consumer.

Elyn go lodge a complaint asap...no point having hope tat this guy will do his job...

Realise not easy to lodge a complaint. Our renov coming to 7 months liao n still doing. We have signed an agreement for compensation if nv meet a the date to handover. Up to this date almost 8k liao. He still like so cool heck care. Now I abit scared he won't wan to pay us the compensation. Really feel like bashed him up.

Elyn go lodge a complaint asap...no point having hope tat this guy will do his job...

Realise not easy to lodge a complaint. Our renov coming to 7 months liao n still doing. We have signed an agreement for compensation if nv meet a the date to handover. Up to this date almost 8k liao. He still like so cool heck care. Now I abit scared he won't wan to pay us the compensation. Really feel like bashed him up.

Totally feel for you.i have also encounter problems with my ID. Wanna lodge a complaint w CASE but all of adminstrative procedures so gave up the thought. I dun think consumer can ever win a case unless you r v contractural and put down all discussion in wirting.

How come can let the reno run for 7months??? Insane one your contractor. Mine hack whole house and a lot of customised carpentry, only 1.5months finish... (exclude the design...)

Somemore only pay 10% on confirmation and balance only when carpentry is complete.

Really need to complain to the authorities and get these bogus contractors out of the way.

See lah. Newbies kana attack! Old or new same lah. There's self ad everywhere. Market so open and prx getting lower and lower, and some happily think that they save cost. Wait till neighbours from downstairs complain about leakage problem... Homeowners really have to open their eyes. After sales service is as important. Happy reno!:D

See lah. Newbies kana attack! Old or new same lah. There's self ad everywhere. Market so open and prx getting lower and lower, and some happily think that they save cost. Wait till neighbours from downstairs complain about leakage problem... Homeowners really have to open their eyes. After sales service is as important. Happy reno!:D

After sales service . ..? Instinct ? Usually voice down to $$$ I feel.

$$$ is not everything bro. There are still gd ppl out there. Open your eyes, and feel... if you are reasonable...Those who are really in business will maintain good relationship in order to have more referrals... don't forget this field is very competitive. My jaws dropped to see some of the quotations are rediculously low, wondering how can a good job be done?! Anyway every businessman have his own trick. Its just my personal opinion. :D Happy reno!:D