Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wowach

Japanese Minimal/ Scandinavian Living On A Budget

@makan

To be honest, I bust my original 30k budget too... I am hitting closer to 40k.

Can understand the feeling so we are changing our ideas along the way. Actually it is a good way to challenge our creativity using as little resources as possible :) now I sound like a SME. This is the mantra at work lah LOL

Edited by Makanology

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Can understand the feeling so we are changing our ideas along the way. Actually it is a good way to challenge our creativity using as little resources as possible :) now I sound like a SME. This is the mantra at work lah LOL

I guess its the initial stages.. where we tend to fit our expectations (and requirements) to our budget. After my own experience in looking for contractors, I think it should be fitting expectations to market prices instead.

I believe in market equilibrium. If the market is averaging that kind of price, I doubt any one is able to offer any lower without eating too much into their margins. It's just the way they repackage their individual items to fit that final margin the industry is at.

Choosing tiles tomorrow! :D

Urgent!

Do i need to be there in person for my utilities turn-on? Can my wife be there instead? She's the legal co-owner.

I think it's ok. When the utilities uncle came, he didn't like check our IC or something. Just tell him your wife is the co-owner lor :)

Urgent!

Do i need to be there in person for my utilities turn-on? Can my wife be there instead? She's the legal co-owner.

can..i got my dad to be there.. :P

Can pm me your carpentry, contractor & ID's contact & also how much u spend on the reno separately for 3 of them? Mind to share why do u engaged 3 different ppl? Usually either ID or contractor right?

Yeah .. the house we bought was in quite a good condition and the living room and MBR was in parquet flooring - move in condition but we want to have our own style.

We are going to hack 8 walls :P

We managed to find a carpenter to do all the carpentry works and now is looking for ID/ contractor to do the remaining works such as tiling, hacking and ceiling etc. We have to increase our budget .. be prepared that you might not able to achieve all your wish list due to budget constraint .. We also never expected the reno cost can be so high.

I shared our lookbook here & my blog ~

I not sure if ok to share the pic of the house we bought as the owners still staying there, i.e. I filtered the photos into sketch mode .. e.g.

1344175564-322393841.jpg

Look forward to see your lookbook :rolleyes:

Hello fellow Alanists! Sorry, that was kinda cheesy. Haha.

Just did a first major round of cleaning before we start renovations. We had to do it because the place was in inhabitable hygiene conditions. We spend 4 hrs cleaning it with tons of water.

Very pleased. :) Hope my permit will be completed soon.