Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wowach

Japanese Minimal/ Scandinavian Living On A Budget

Hmm, I thought cool whites are even stronger in terms of K? That would make it "whiter" and with a blue tinge.

Warm white > white (daylight) > cool white

The daylight I have is rated 6000k

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oops just googled and yes, cool white seems to be between white and warm white.

Edit: oops I'm confused. Some says cool white is between, some say its higher K than daylight. :bangwall:

Edited by wowach

Edit: oops I'm confused. Some says cool white is between, some say its higher K than daylight. :bangwall:

Bear in mind different brands' bulbs colour temperature (that 'k') differs slightly too, at least that's what I heard. I like cool white but the problem is cool white bulbs are not readily available at supermarket, hardware stores and even homefix diy, but only available at light shops. So next time if *touch wood* light bulb spoil, have to go all the way to light shop to buy. :dunno:

Hi! The GE Cool White bulbs I bought from i-light are 4000K. It is a little pricier than the normal Cool Daylight and Warm White ones from other brands. I can't seem to buy them off the shelf, so I may have to stock some up for future replacements.

Hi! The GE Cool White bulbs I bought from i-light are 4000K. It is a little pricier than the normal Cool Daylight and Warm White ones from other brands. I can't seem to buy them off the shelf, so I may have to stock some up for future replacements.

How much is one? How many watts and is it E27?

How much is one? How many watts and is it E27?

I paid $9 for the 20W and $8.5 for the 14W. You can negotiate with them to absorb GST if you buy more. They are all E27 Tornado type bulbs.

Did some shopping today @ Royal Fanco. The boss was very friendly and took time to explain quite a bit of stuff to me and fiance.

He has got a huge variety of stuffs, but a lot are not displayed.

Bought my toilet bowls, basins, kitchen sink, bathroom taps, instant heaters from him at the end. Very glad that I kept within my budget (low to begin with), and even managed to save some bucks for my lunch this month. ;)

Any recommendations for budget hob, hood, ovens? I want to keep my expenditure for these below 1.1k in total. No Bosch or Electrolux luxury brands of course. We will cook very light stuff, maybe twice a week at most.

Anyone has got lobang for aircon installation? I can get my hands on a cheap aircon system4, but it doesn't come with installation...

Haven't updated in a long while. Pictures will come during weekend.

For others using Alan, are we supposed to receive an invoice for each payment? I think I didn't ask for it during my first payment.

Haha, i should have thought so! He must have found my request weird then.

Retch, your place is looks great. So far any issues with post Reno?

@retch, has Alan come back to you for your total cost? Sometimes I wonder if he will forget to collect payment hahaha