Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wowach

Japanese Minimal/ Scandinavian Living On A Budget

U mean reciept for payment rcd? He does for my first payment subsequently too busy to issue.

Yup a receipt. Just suddenly thought of it. Looks like receipts/invoices is an exception rather than norm for Alan. Haha.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

@retch, u have moved in a month already? Wah Alan sure takes his time to collect payment? Have you paid him the balance as per original quotation except for the add-ons?

Not yet..prolly will send over next week...i also dunno how much more i owe him zzzz...aiya he knows we cant run one wat...at most hang pig head if we dont pay..lol

One thing about Mr Alan is he is a super easy going person. I made my first payment only after hacking and wet works were complete. Haha.

The downside is he is so busy that there's quite a bit of rectification works. Time delay.

He trusts his clients. Which is a good thing.. But give and take I guess. So long as both contractor and client know the limits, I think it's fine...

Carpentry next week!

Hi sorry to "intrude".. :P

Can I know if Mr. Alan speaks English? He seems popular so I'm not sure if I shld engage him.. Worried he will be very busy and my reno may suffer hiccups/delay.. :unsure:

Hi sorry to "intrude".. :P

Can I know if Mr. Alan speaks English? He seems popular so I'm not sure if I shld engage him.. Worried he will be very busy and my reno may suffer hiccups/delay.. :unsure:

Yup his English is good. He's definitely a busy contractor. I'll share my experience after the renovation is completed.

Finally some simple photos. Pardon the pic quality and the narrow angle as its from iPhone, will take better pictures once renovations is complete. :)

Living and Dining

photo3zu.jpg

Dining and Kitchen

photo4wl.jpg

MBR

photo5if.jpg

Study and Movie Room/ WIW

photo6gi.jpg

Edited by wowach

Overall, things has been okay. Very glad that the design so far is coming up nicely and not too far off from what i imagined to be. Maybe a little too many line patterns. Haha. The progress was a bit slow for my liking. There were also a few rectifications that has been done / waiting to be done.

My contractor has been very obliging in some of my requests, and he has been very accomodating. But sometimes the subcons do things that are beyond belief. For instance they decided to run my water pipe and gas pipe separately (different piping directions) when both are next to each other, even though my contractor has clearly marked the required pipping places. Secondly, for their convenience, the floor laminate guys decided to bring down my main door, and my door was covered up by just the gate and styrofoam sheets. There was also another interesting episode when I think the windows subcon suggested to take down my old windows one day before the new ones get installed. I overheard my contractor giving him/her a earful for such a ludicrous suggestion.

Overall, it's been a mixed bag. My contractor has been very understanding and flexible. But a lot time has been spent on rectifications. The army mantra of do-it-once-do-it-good didn't seem to be applied.

Carpentry, doors, grills and cleaning to go. It should be ready in 1.5 weeks time, hopefully! Already late. :(

Edited by wowach

Yup that's the dining area. I marked out the place for them to mount the lights. But it's a bit too bright. They are Philips 20W E27 tornadoes. Going to try use 11W instead.