Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wowach

Japanese Minimal/ Scandinavian Living On A Budget

Yup that's the dining area. I marked out the place for them to mount the lights. But it's a bit too bright. They are Philips 20W E27 tornadoes. Going to try use 11W instead.

Haha.. I had a few lights installed in my house with 20W bulbs.. blindingly bright!!

Had to downgrade to 11W lights too..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went to ikea to buy some small 4W round E27. Found 11w still too bright for dining area.

Anyone has recommendations for blinds? Is it possible to get my house fitted with blinds for $600 to 800 budget? Wanted to get from ikea, but the Tupplr 2m were all out of stock. :( We are not into curtains because we are lazy to wash them regularly.

photoom.png

Anyone knows where I can get the hanging light at the bottom of the picture? The grills guy broke mine. :( and I don't have time to make another shipment from taobao.

oh my. u using contractor rite? then can just ship from TB, since it's ur contractor's guy's fault. make them come back and fix the light.

or u need to shift in urgently?

Went to ikea to buy some small 4W round E27. Found 11w still too bright for dining area.

Anyone has recommendations for blinds? Is it possible to get my house fitted with blinds for $600 to 800 budget? Wanted to get from ikea, but the Tupplr 2m were all out of stock. :( We are not into curtains because we are lazy to wash them regularly.

Hi wowach,

Just sharing. I had ask a quote before and he had quoted for my 3 room windows $790 included installation. Find it expensive, so I bought the blinds from Qoo10, which cost $231 (including shipping) but without installations la. So I got my ID's help to install for me. :dancingqueen:

Edited by blue77

oh my. u using contractor rite? then can just ship from TB, since it's ur contractor's guy's fault. make them come back and fix the light.

or u need to shift in urgently?

Yup. My contractor has graciously agreed to pay for my new lights. Not that urgent, but everything was supposed to be ready tomorrow. Kind of disappointed.

Hi wowach,

Just sharing. I had ask a quote before and he had quoted for my 3 room windows $790 included installation. Find it expensive, so I bought the blinds from Qoo10, which cost $231 (including shipping) but without installations la. So I got my ID's help to install for me. :dancingqueen:

Thanks for the suggestion! My contractor did offer to help me install the blinds, but I just can't get the blinds in time from ikea. Decided to spend more to get my custom blinds because I have 2 rather odd sized windows.

I think I saw the 'bottle' lamps at Chan huat if I remember correctly...

Thanks for the note! But have already ordered again on taobao. Another 3 weeks wait...

Handover was supposed to be tomorrow. But I doubt. They got my gate wrong and need to send it back for spray painting.

The only real last item to be done is my glass door for the toilet.

Hope all goes well for you. To spray paint the gate shouldn't take too long I guess. When is your toilet glass door coming in? And when are you shifting in? Share more pictures :)

Hope all goes well for you. To spray paint the gate shouldn't take too long I guess. When is your toilet glass door coming in? And when are you shifting in? Share more pictures :)

Thanks! Toilet glass door today. Realised I still have my PVC bifold door for my common toilet too. Almost forgot haha.

Will be shifting in only in June, after my wedding. :) but supposed to hand over by this week.

Hi,

Im looking for someone to do up my flat, on a tight budget. Could you share with me your ID's contact pls?

Thank you!

Hello!

Am looking for dining lights like that one you had! Mind sharing with me the taobao link where you purchased the lights from? And also your reviews on the seller and which freight forwarder you engaged?

Thanks!