Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lannywin

The Platform House

I read about how the light distributes too... but may not spend so much to get real product. Wonder if the replicas are made that way too. Any idea how much is Logan's or F+C selling? I saw a similar one at Lighting Centre, in the colour which suits my theme!

Hi Kenjo! thanks for your support! It is indeed a beautiful design masterpiece!

btw, PH5 is actually meant to be hung low due to the direction of lights passed through the shades - it actually illuminates not just downwards, but also sideways. I read somewhere that it's recommended height is ~70-80cm above a table. So if your false ceiling allows it, why not? :thumbs up: One major drawback is that the light can be rather dim if you have a longish dining table though...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

love your place and of coz the lightings!

What is the brand/model of oven you purchased? bosch?

I think i got the same hood Fujioh mk something but the silly carpenters installed 750mm above the hob!

I told them to bring it down 100mm even though the distance should be 500mm max.

actually the replicas look really similar to the actual thing. Not sure if there is any small differences in the design? If I remember correctly, Lorgans are selling around $300+, they have several different colours too. F+C is slightly cheaper, at close to $300s. You can also check Lush which may be cheaper (ask to see their catalog, they didn't have the display then). :yamseng:

I read about how the light distributes too... but may not spend so much to get real product. Wonder if the replicas are made that way too. Any idea how much is Logan's or F+C selling? I saw a similar one at Lighting Centre, in the colour which suits my theme!

thanks sunsetsky! :)

you're right, it's a bosch! the model is HBA23B550J.

And yes, the hood is Fujioh 800mk2 - if the rumours are true, it should be one of the most powerful ones around :P

They installed mine at 550mm. However, I wish it could be higher though, as it's really protruding and makes the kitchen look a little cramped :bangwall:

love your place and of coz the lightings!

What is the brand/model of oven you purchased? bosch?

I think i got the same hood Fujioh mk something but the silly carpenters installed 750mm above the hob!

I told them to bring it down 100mm even though the distance should be 500mm max.

Thanks Lannywin!

I went to LF+C and got mine yesterday. The price listed was close to $400 inclusive of GST... I asked if a discount could be given and the price came back to 290++, exclusive GST. Inclusive would be $315... I bargained to $300 and bought the grey set to suit my home theme. Hope I didn't kena chop carrot head. hehehe

actually the replicas look really similar to the actual thing. Not sure if there is any small differences in the design? If I remember correctly, Lorgans are selling around $300+, they have several different colours too. F+C is slightly cheaper, at close to $300s. You can also check Lush which may be cheaper (ask to see their catalog, they didn't have the display then). :yamseng:

hi Kenjo,

glad that you found a good piece for your home! I've seen the grey one in LF+C before, it's cool! Looking forward to see it beautifying your home! :good:

Yup, that seems to be the price.

Thanks Lannywin!

I went to LF+C and got mine yesterday. The price listed was close to $400 inclusive of GST... I asked if a discount could be given and the price came back to 290++, exclusive GST. Inclusive would be $315... I bargained to $300 and bought the grey set to suit my home theme. Hope I didn't kena chop carrot head. hehehe

cavity? you mean for the bar counter? that we knock down one side of the kitchen wall (the one facing the living room) and left the side facing the main entrance intact.. I'll post my floor plan soon :P

Curious to know about the "cavity" in the wall

Thanks Lannywin!

Just one more question, do you have a rectangular dining table? Is the light bright enough for your dining area?

hi Kenjo,

glad that you found a good piece for your home! I've seen the grey one in LF+C before, it's cool! Looking forward to see it beautifying your home! :good:

Yup, that seems to be the price.

Hi Kenjo,

actually I'm using the ph5 for my living area. Will be putting it above a square (1 x 1 m) low table. I'm using a 23W energy saving bulb and the light is just enough to light up the area below. For the whole room, alone it's quite dim but can still be used as a mood lighting. The shade blocks a lot of the light actually, although the shades itself give a pretty glow.

Thanks Lannywin!

Just one more question, do you have a rectangular dining table? Is the light bright enough for your dining area?

Ah... ok. My dining area is not very big... so I guess it should work somehow... so long as I can see what goes inside my mouth will do. Thanks!

Hi Kenjo,

actually I'm using the ph5 for my living area. Will be putting it above a square (1 x 1 m) low table. I'm using a 23W energy saving bulb and the light is just enough to light up the area below. For the whole room, alone it's quite dim but can still be used as a mood lighting. The shade blocks a lot of the light actually, although the shades itself give a pretty glow.

Lannywin, just had the idea to platform the area at the hall MBR as well for the same casa 4rm flat!, probably not so high though..

would you mind sharing the quote for platforming that size area please, it'll be a great help!

Cheers!

Hi slowth, I have PM-ed you the platform quote! :)

Lannywin, just had the idea to platform the area at the hall MBR as well for the same casa 4rm flat!, probably not so high though..

would you mind sharing the quote for platforming that size area please, it'll be a great help!

Cheers!

Hi jerryhandra, thank you for liking the place! Maybe you can refer to my first post regarding the ID. I'm actually not keen to recommend her, but I'll send you a PM nonetheless! :)

I am going to get a 4 room flat as well, and now looking for ID and contractor, from the picture seem they did pretty good work, do you think can recommend to me?