Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kll78

Beware Of La Cafa Furniture & Design At The New Furniture Mall At Toh Guan Road!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! THEY ARE RUDE AND UNTRUSTWORTHY.AND ALWAYS LATE FOR DELIVERY. THEIR GOODS QUALITY ARE SUB-STANDARED & NOT WHAT THEY PROMISED TO DELIVER.

I bought a 2m sofa and customised a dining table and 4 chairs from them. They actually took 7 trips just to deliver these 6 items. Wasted my time and energy and every time I talked to their sales person Jenny Lee (90888221) and Manager Theresa (93833047) my blood boils. Moving house is supposed to be a joyous event but to me is a real night mare because of them.

First, on the delivery date, dining table and chairs not delivered. 2.2m sofa delivered instead of 2m sofa. Still need to wait for them to get permission from their manager to remove the wrong sofa from my house. Already 2 trips. Then told me the dining set on the cargo ship already need approximate 10 days before they reached singapore. But I had already told them the delivery date, they wanted me to wait another 10 days. Then told me they made a mistake in the sofa need to redo a new one want me to wait for 1 more month. So fed up with them. I am supposed to move on the following week after the delivery date. I told the Jenny because of their mistakes I am going to move into an empty house. No table to eat and chairs to sit. After that, they said they will temporary bring a dining set and sofa while waiting for their delivery.

3rd trip, the temp sofa and dining set came. 4th trip, only the marble table came. Table legs are ok but the marble top is chipped. Sent back the marble top leaving the table legs in my living room with the temp dining set. Plus they delivered on 4 Aug, sat, not 10 days after the delivery date but 3 weeks after.

5th trip, 4 chairs came with the marble top. Luckily ok.

6th trip, 11 Aug, sat told us deliver at 5-7pm but din come. No calls informing they will be late. So pissed off. Called Theresa and she said coming . We were too angry and hungry to wait and went out for dinner. It is ridiculous!!!! We are the consumers, we pay and get this type of service!!!!

7th trip, 13 Aug, delivered the sofa today. It is 2m but the quality is not there. We were told it is made of calf leather at the showroom by Jenny. But based on the texture and smell of the leather sofa delivered I can 100% guarantee it is synthetic leather. Strong latex smell!! They are selling at premium price but delivering fake sub standard products!!

Consumers please beware don't fall prey to them. Make sure the specifications are correct and exact. We feel really cheated by them!! On the invoice, Jenny just stated 3 seater, full leather, colour ivory. We have a weak case as they deliberately wrote in this manner. As a layman we will not know the difference until I did some research online. Should state 2m, full genuine cow hide leather. Broadly stated leather it can be PU leather , techno leather , bonded leather etc.

I wanted the management email from Theresa but she told me she will give it to me for a few times but didn't.Just trying to bid her time and fool me time and again. Anyone know who and what is their management email address?

They mis-represented. Tthe new sofa has a small skin peeled off when delivered. Haizz... Wonder the new lemon law will help us the layman.....

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Four years ago we bought our L-shape sofa (2,8 x 2,8 m) + ottoman, dining table and 4 chairs from La Cafa. Then they were at Furniture Mall @ Beach Rd.

Our salesman was Ivan and I'm very satisfied with him. We got what we ordered - material, shape, size .... everything. Delivery was exaclty on that day what was stated at order form, only Ivan called us few days before to confirm the time. Last year I've ordered 2 more chairs and there was no problem as well - shape, size, colour of fabric, everything were matching those what I ordered few years ago.

Few months ago I was there passing by and saw Ivan in the shop. I don't know if he is still working at their new place @ Toh Guan Rd.

Anyway, maybe your furniture were ordered from some other manufacturer with which were some problems, but we received ours all like it was stated at our order form.

YES! DO NOT EVER BUY FROM LA CAFA!

I bought my sofa and tv console from them in Nov last year with the sales rep promising delivery of the furnitures 4 weeks before CNY so i can hold my housewarming. Just 1 day before the delivery date I had to call them to confirm on the delivery timing to only receive the news that their shipment was delayed for 2 weeks. NO UPDATES prior my call and i had already made plans for housewarming session that weekend. After some fuss, they RELUCTANTLY told me that they will be loaning me a 2 seater sofa and a TV console which I received a shock cause the sofa was bright orange in color and in a very dirty condition. It was totally embarassing for me to even host a housewarming with that kind of furnitures.

Then when my TV console came, the sofa was still missing. Got to call their shop to find out that it was delayed once again. After 1 week or so, my sofa came in the wrong cushions design! Exactly in the design I specifically told the sales rep I DO NOT WANT THIS DESIGN! And it was indicated on the sales memo. Called them again and the same sales rep told me to sew the edges on my own if i dont like the square edges. Of cos I refused to since I paid a more than 2 thousand for a sofa and I dont see the point why I have to sew my own cushions, so she told me to bring it down to the shop after CNY and I agreed.

After CNY, I took some time to bring it down to the shop still located at beach road furniture mall and the sales rep wasn't there that day. I felt kind of stupid to actually bring 4 BIG cushions over and the other female sales rep who attended to me took out my sales memo and told me "Why you bring the cushions over? You can just call and we can deliver to you for exchange in one month's time!I say can means can!" So I naively belived her words, dragged the cushions back home and forgot her name.

As I do have a poor memory, 2 months passed and I didnt remember about the cushions until the friend who went with me for exchange came to my place reminded me my cushions were still the same. I tried calling their line but it was no longer in service. Took quite some time for me to find their new number and when I called, they didnt have any order made for the exchange of cushions. And that totally exceeded my tolerence level for their nonsense. They were extremely rude and useless. After some fuss and threats that I will be visiting their new shop to warn other victims about them, one guy stepped out to affirm me that the cushions will be delivered in 1 month time. Although it was delayed once again for a few days but at least this guy did bother to call me earlier to inform me so I was cool with the delay.

When the cushions came, they screwed up again. Mine is a 3+1 seater sofa and they only made 3 cushions so they had to order another 1 cushion which got to take another 1 month or so to reach me. FINE and so I let it be. They called me few weeks later to confirm for delivery date and time and I specifically told them I had important meeting so the delivery cant be later than 7pm and I had to call at 6:55pm to find out that they will be an hour late. Not to mention, all their previous deliveries were LATE! I don't stay home all day just to wait for them to arrive. So I told them I cant wait and do give me a call again to arrange for another delivery which they didnt till NOW. Of cos im taking my own sweet time too cos they didnt take back their 3 cushions meant for exchange. Not that I want those cushions (it's actually taking up a lot of space and it's really ugly imo) I will just let my cat have her fun with them. And now that i chanced upon this post, it's time to give them a buzz to take those ugly cushions back and give me my LAST cushion!

After reading the first post thoroughly, the sales rep is Jenny who screwed up my order and the sales rep who said "I say can means can" but didnt order my cushions is THERESA.

Four years ago we bought our L-shape sofa (2,8 x 2,8 m) + ottoman, dining table and 4 chairs from La Cafa. Then they were at Furniture Mall @ Beach Rd.

Our salesman was Ivan and I'm very satisfied with him. We got what we ordered - material, shape, size .... everything. Delivery was exaclty on that day what was stated at order form, only Ivan called us few days before to confirm the time. Last year I've ordered 2 more chairs and there was no problem as well - shape, size, colour of fabric, everything were matching those what I ordered few years ago.

Few months ago I was there passing by and saw Ivan in the shop. I don't know if he is still working at their new place @ Toh Guan Rd.

Anyway, maybe your furniture were ordered from some other manufacturer with which were some problems, but we received ours all like it was stated at our order form.

Hi i tink ivan is no more working for lacafa anymore cause recently i have actually order build-in wardrobes from him that belongs to another company call vincere Interior olso located at furniture mall. Im olso a ex customer that bought from ivan previously. I would say he is very experience , responsible and explain in details.

Just managed to reach them again. They dont have my sales memo in the shop cos my purchase was 1 year ago! It's been more than 1 year since my purchase and I still havent receive what im supposed to receive! They actually indicated I am UNCONTACTABLE but nobody from their end ever contacted me regarding any redelivery. Horrible service ever.

PLEASE DONT EVER GO TO LA CAFA!

I wish I would have known this website before I rushed to buy funiture here in Singapore...

I moved from Japan and I didn't time to set up. My househlod belongings arrived after I had started working... So I felt pressed "I have to buy TV console and table TODAY"... I went to Funiture mall in Jurong East and dropped in La Cafa. I liked a TV console there but it was too big for me. Then the sales clerk told me that he could order smaller size with same material. Thus I agreed the price a TV console and a bar table same material, too.

After I went home, I found I should have explained more details so I googled... Then I found this site and got afraid...

Delivery was as scheduled which was surprised me. And to see the unfold funiture, I was disappointed as anticipated. Those material are totally different from what I pointed at the showroom.

I register the online claim of Consumers Association of Singapore and try to get refund though I don't know it comes along OK...

Hi, anyone has more recent experience from La Cafa? I really liked a sofa from them, and they claim the can custom make to the specs/size I want. But after reading so many bad experiences from them, I'm quite hesitant.

Hmmm... I came across this post while trying to see if they had a website to confirm order I placed for a gorgeous wooden King size bed last weekend at the Singapore Expo.

My experience so far......

- Served by Benson Ong. He seemed OK to me (even if it was 21h30 on Sunday evening)

- Problems with payment. Took a bunch of them to try get payment though on my Nets

I told them I just purchased a mattress for $2500 from another stall, thus possibly a limit issue - they should use the visa option

This took about 20 mins, after which Benson managed to put through a payment of $100.

Not sure if this is a sign of things to come - delivery 4 - 5 weeks :-(

I am now in two minds if I should cancel the order and forego the 100 bucks....?! Problem is they are not answering their phones... lol

I will let you guys know how this unfolds

Regards