Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Stinz

How Many Viewings Did You Go Before You Decided To Buy The Unit?

Wooh....view 30EMs? I think it must be a record. Didn't ur agent help u filter out those EMs that meet ur specification/requirement. I will make my agent do his homework to ensure he also selects those that matches what we want. I views about 10 units before deciding on the final one..... Already very tiring.

Btw where is ur EM?

We started out with a few preferred areas, but soon realized that the hot EM market priced us out of many of those. So we slowly expanded our area of search and lowered our expectations considerably.

We like the thrill of browsing through propertyguru and doing the filtering ourselves. Some agents offered to serve us but only for a particular unit or area. We also learnt midway that having one agent to bring you around might disadvantage your chances.

Our EM is somewhere between Serangoon and Kovan. Still early days. First apt is only due next month.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Was looking for an EM at lower floor and at a preferred area. Shown one unit and took it. Paid 50K since everyone in property guru is looking for 100-150K in that area. Pretty satisfied, only downside is, it's not on the first floor.

Way too many. Initially we thought we will be flexible with location but after some viewings, had to limit to a neighborhood that we prefer. Took us about 4 months with multiple agents before we settled the unit we loved.

Pasir ris is not a prime location, original condition somemore. I seriously wonder who will be willing to pay more than $30k.

A friend of mine sold his five room at pasir ris for $110K COV!

A friend of mine sold his five room at pasir ris for $110K COV!

His flat must be very nicely done up and spacious? Near MRT ?

Viewed 14. Made offers for 4 units, got the last one! =)

I think finding a house you are comfortable with is quite important (including the $ factor!). If the seller is not willing to compromise and you can't pay the COV, just walk away. It is probably not meant to be.

As for checking if the house is a target of ah long, I downloaded the police app and checked under the "police appeals" (it will only be there if the police has the photo of the person). We also checked the staircase landing on the level where the unit is, and level 1, and the block in general. Checked for covered up paintings, it may be to cover up O$P$, it may also be covering up vandalism. Regardless, it gives you an idea what the environment is like. Walk round the neighbourhood, I have seen police signages with "unlicensed money lending has been reported in this area". Our agent helped us talk to the neighbours. During flat viewing, we would ask where the seller is moving to...some sellers are quite friendly, they will chat about the new place they are moving to, after all, some of them will be excited about the move. We are a bit on the cautious side cuz have relative as a victim of inheriting an ah long targeted house...

Have bought HDB only twice(2X) in my entire lifetime. Both times, even before they open the door to let me view, I know from the location that "This is The Place for me." First time, i offer $5,000 COV the Seller accept, that's it already. Second time, the Seller ask for $120,000 COV, so must bargain bargain for a long time. But I know that eventually I will get the unit, because Seller really needs to sell it off, and there are no other Bidders. End up paying less than 1/2 what the Seller wanted, for COV.

By today's standards, even the six-digit COV described above looks tame. Prices have gone stratospheric in Singapore.

Viewed 3 EMs, 1 in Bishan (a sky terrace type) and 2 in Queenstown (including the one we got that we decided on within 5 min of viewing). Viewed a handful of 5 room in Forfar Heights and 2 in Redhill opp the MRT. Think less than 10 total. Along the way visited a couple of condo and showflats but was quite turned off by the minuscule rooms or ridiculous prices (hey will rather retire earlier).

Made an offer for 2 units, the high floor 5 room at Redhill with minimal reno n the Queenstown EM that had to be gutted. But the Redhill owner expected ridiculous COV so after a while we pulled the plug on that and pressed for the EM.

Thought my COV was high, but now seems like a bargain.