Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pensiveowl

A&a - Adding One More Level To A House

Hi Lauer,

There is a wooden platform currently in the house with small dormer window.

The problem was I had wanted to have more headroom and not sure if submission was the only way to achieve it legally.

It's only worth doing if cost is about <50k incl submission for such a small attic but approved with increase GFA. ICheers!!

OIC, there is already an attic.

And the wooden platform is 6m x 4m already? And all you want to do is to increase the headroom, keeping the existing wooden platform?

So what is the floor area of your 2nd storey?

Cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If it is still not too late, one thing i have learnt before getting a house is that we should purchase the Sewage/Drainage Interpretation Plan (SIP / DIP) from the NEA website, lest you realise that a sewerage line actually cut through below your house and blow your A&A or rebuilding plan out of proportion. If you are serious about getting that house you are looking at, it is worth the $40 getting the SIP/DIP from NEA.

From your description, adding another level is not so straight forward as playing lego. One more level means the structure below it will have to be able to sustain the weight of the additional level. Off-hand, I would think that it would warrant a rebuilding of some part of the house. New foundations would definitely be required. If the house deserves you going through that effort of rebuilding or reconstruction, then prepare yourself for a fulfilling journey or building your own house :)

On 10/1/2012 at 8:48 AM, Espl said:

Hi All,

I have a 1000 sq ft terrace and 2 storey high.

Would like to increase the height to add a attic room but was quoted 100k for staircase, reroofing & laminate floors and front & back windows plus submission.

Additional beam seem required from ground to support new attic.

Appreciate if could advise if above is way off compared to your experiences!

Mind pm me or share with us the contact of the contractor? 

On 11/3/2018 at 2:55 PM, Baii said:

Mind pm me or share with us the contact of the contractor? 

Maybe I can help with some layout & budget. Kindly email your property's information & requirement to threecubebuilders@ymail.com

hi ,

please help to pm your contractor as soon as possible. I am now headache to find a contractor to just make good of my old 2 storey inter terrace house.

Many thanks