Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bb_1314

5Rm Bukit Panjang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks for the pic.

Glad that you are moving soon.

What is the different between iquartz and caeserstone?

I only know that caeserstone is much more expensive.

Can I request a close up of your kitchen top? If that's not too much of a trouble.

I didn't find out the difference between iquartz & caeserstone, caeserstone is out of my budget so didn't look much into it. For Iquartz my ID gave me a sample piece, I put dark soya sauce onto it & leave it for 4-5 hours before wiping it off. No trace at all so I'm happy to go with Iquartz.

hmm phone camera can't capture much. I'll take some close up with dslr after I move in this Friday. 2 more days to go... yeah!!!

Haiz... If he's a good carpenter I don't mind sharing w u. Good thing must share... But bad thing I'm sure u dun want to know. I just want to share that there are such person in the industry.

We had some bad experiences as well. After much frustration and talking to Blum, they ask us to simply write a review about our experience on their review portal

http://connect.blum.com/reviews

Our carpenter was not in their certification list so they added this company for us to leave a review.

Might be something you should do too to let other home owners learn from your experience

I see, you are mounting it on wood. I'm creating a concrete sink support for the sink area and about 9 inches more from the sink area for some heavy chopping action. I am then joining the concrete sink support with cabinet so a seamlessly surround it with wood so it looks like entire area is made of wood. Hopefully it turns out well.

I am also designing my own kitchen cabinet but am gonna work with the carpentar to define the more detail specs based on what is possible.

Mind if I tap on your experience with designing your carpentry, S1 is pretty Shallow correct? so you probably need a maximum of maybe 2 S1 to keep your cultery? Do you think there is a need for more? Is S4 really that deep that it cater for all your storage items?

If you were to redesign again, what would you differently this time?

Appreciate if you have words of advice or tips you can give me before I start on my cabinet construction.

Thanx!!!

This is the concrete base you are referring to?
image_zpsa1650698.jpg

The kitchen is sitting on top of the wood, then overlay with the quartz to make the sink under mount. Most of the top mount sink can be done under mount.
image_zps144a79ce.jpg

Mine is combination of Blum & ikea bottom drawers. Ikea was dismantled from our house b4 reno. Can reuse. Ikea kitchen soft closing is actually from blum & they rebrand & sell it under ikea. Top cabinet are all casement doors with Blum hinges & soft closing. The soft closing device is a snap on seperate piece. In fact my whole house hinges door are blum soft closing cos I hate ppl slamming doors lol.

I saw from somewhere you can actually call to make appointment & go through the design you have in mind & get a quotation with the Blum staff. I didn't call but head down to their showroom directly. When I enquire with the staff there they just tell me to engage their certified carpenter to go through the designing & quotation phase. So I ended up designing myself & made some mistakes. If could start all over again I won't buy so many S4 drawers cos they are really deep. I would prefer the drawers beside the kitchen sink cabinet to have 3 equivalent height drawer. Now is 1 S1+ 2 S4. S1 is rather shallow & can't put much thing in except cutlery, which I has allocated another drawer for it...

Edited by jaykr

I see, you are mounting it on wood. I'm creating a concrete sink support for the sink area and about 9 inches more from the sink area for some heavy chopping action. I am then joining the concrete sink support with cabinet so a seamlessly surround it with wood so it looks like entire area is made of wood. Hopefully it turns out well.

I am also designing my own kitchen cabinet but am gonna work with the carpentar to define the more detail specs based on what is possible.

Mind if I tap on your experience with designing your carpentry, S1 is pretty Shallow correct? so you probably need a maximum of maybe 2 S1 to keep your cultery? Do you think there is a need for more? Is S4 really that deep that it cater for all your storage items?

Appreciate if you have words of advice or tips you can give me before I start on my cabinet construction.

Thanx!!!

Just curious, how do you "seamlessly surround it with wood? Concrete support have to lay tiles on its exterior right? Then you stick laminate over?

Hi bleucheeze,

Yup, that was my thinking. To stick laminate over the tiles.

Easier to show what I mean by picture. See below of what I am thinking of. Does it make sense? Do you see any issues with doing this?

8657243434_e83022f4a0_c.jpg

Just curious, how do you "seamlessly surround it with wood? Concrete support have to lay tiles on its exterior right? Then you stick laminate over?

wow... jaykr u must have black belt in karate lol. (just joking). For me cos i don't usually do heavy duty chopping so wooden frame/base is fine with me. Although I don't know what is the max weight load it can hold but for daily chores should be fine. :)

We had some bad experiences as well. After much frustration and talking to Blum, they ask us to simply write a review about our experience on their review portal

http://connect.blum.com/reviews

Our carpenter was not in their certification list so they added this company for us to leave a review.

Might be something you should do too to let other home owners learn from your experience

Yes you are right. After this experience. I would highly recommend anyone who are going to install Blum system, eventhough very simple system, to engage their certified carpenter. Actually not only that, also base on experience... The carpenter I talked to, the boss attended Blum's course to get certified, but his worker might not have enough hands-on experience...

This morning I saw the larder unit door is installed, I tried open the door and drawer, CAN'T pull out the drawer cos the door is blocking! Unless I use my left hand to force the door open till 180deg & use my right hand to pull out the drawer... Think they use the wrong hinges... wordless... I still got to read the 800++ pages to identify which should be the right hinges. Now my husband is liasing with the carpenter boss and see how he's going to rectify this. Hopefully won't need us to go Blum showroom personally to see how it shld be, & buy the hinges for him... Now I'm so worried that the carpenter miss out a few bolts or nuts here and there. Sometime if we are not expert we won't know if it is installed wrong... like for example for this larder unit, the worker say it's like that! How can it be like that??? Couldn't believe...

Thanx!!!

I'll move in on Friday. After I put in all my barang barang I let you know what would I do differently ya? Now still too early to say :)

Yes you are right. After this experience. I would highly recommend anyone who are going to install Blum system, eventhough very simple system, to engage their certified carpenter. Actually not only that, also base on experience... The carpenter I talked to, the boss attended Blum's course to get certified, but his worker might not have enough hands-on experience...

This morning I saw the larder unit door is installed, I tried open the door and drawer, CAN'T pull out the drawer cos the door is blocking! Unless I use my left hand to force the door open till 180deg & use my right hand to pull out the drawer... Think they use the wrong hinges... wordless... I still got to read the 800++ pages to identify which should be the right hinges. Now my husband is liasing with the carpenter boss and see how he's going to rectify this. Hopefully won't need us to go Blum showroom personally to see how it shld be, & buy the hinges for him... Now I'm so worried that the carpenter miss out a few bolts or nuts here and there. Sometime if we are not expert we won't know if it is installed wrong... like for example for this larder unit, the worker say it's like that! How can it be like that??? Couldn't believe...

For larder unit, need to use 155deg extended flex hinges for interior drawers to be pull out.

Otherwise, can try to adjust the door hinges via the few screws on it, to shift the door slightly outwards.

Edited by and888

For larder unit, need to use 155deg extended flex hinges for interior drawers to be pull out.

Otherwise, can try to adjust the door hinges via the few screws on it, to shift the door slightly outwards.

Yes you are right! I found out that after much reading. How can the carpenter don't know that?!

This is the concrete base you are referring to?

image_zpsa1650698.jpg

The kitchen is sitting on top of the wood, then overlay with the quartz to make the sink under mount. Most of the top mount sink can be done under mount.

image_zps144a79ce.jpg

Mine is combination of Blum & ikea bottom drawers. Ikea was dismantled from our house b4 reno. Can reuse. Ikea kitchen soft closing is actually from blum & they rebrand & sell it under ikea. Top cabinet are all casement doors with Blum hinges & soft closing. The soft closing device is a snap on seperate piece. In fact my whole house hinges door are blum soft closing cos I hate ppl slamming doors lol.

I saw from somewhere you can actually call to make appointment & go through the design you have in mind & get a quotation with the Blum staff. I didn't call but head down to their showroom directly. When I enquire with the staff there they just tell me to engage their certified carpenter to go through the designing & quotation phase. So I ended up designing myself & made some mistakes. If could start all over again I won't buy so many S4 drawers cos they are really deep. I would prefer the drawers beside the kitchen sink cabinet to have 3 equivalent height drawer. Now is 1 S1+ 2 S4. S1 is rather shallow & can't put much thing in except cutlery, which I has allocated another drawer for it...

Oh I didn't know that Ikea is using Blum. Thanks for that info!

I asked Blum about planning my kitchen layout according to the zone and their designer helped me with the basic layout. I just brought the design to my ID to try and put it to use in my actual kitchen. Not bad leh. I actually found my ID from http://connect.blum.com/reviews and the reviews super useful la...

Edited by PaN89