Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bb_1314

5Rm Bukit Panjang

Hi bleucheeze,

Yup, that was my thinking. To stick laminate over the tiles.

Easier to show what I mean by picture. See below of what I am thinking of. Does it make sense? Do you see any issues with doing this?

8657243434_e83022f4a0_c.jpg

I saved this pic before too! Actually I wanted to do concrete base only for sink support, but contractor says cannot cos "not nice". zzZzzz. Maybe you can check with him if can stick laminate over? Update me on this hor! Though it's too late for me to change anything now, but it's good to know :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I asked Blum about planning my kitchen layout according to the zone and their designer helped me with the basic layout. I just brought the design to my ID to try and put it to use in my actual kitchen. Not bad leh. I actually found my ID from http://connect.blum.com/reviews and the reviews super useful la...

Maybe I dress very sloppy that day so their designer "bo hiu" me. They are very busy serving the other ang mo and tai tai. haha...

Oh I didn't know that Ikea is using Blum. Thanks for that info!

Although Ikea is from Blum, do note that their drawer track is slightly longer than blum. (The Blum one I bought is standard 500mm depth for 600mm cabinet). I suspect maybe Ikea one is 550mm for Ikea standard 600mm cabinet... (I didn't take the exact measurement)

wow.. moving in tomorrow!! congrats! nice white kitchen btw.

my initial kitchen was to be entirely white too.. now change to black and white. =)

same as you, will be using iquartz. so glad u tested with the dark soy sauce. now i have a peace of mind.

Thanks!

Taken 2 days leave to clean the house today, & to move in tmr. Now my back is aching... Regarding the iquartz, when I was cleaning I saw some black marking ( shld be finger print after touching newspaper). Cannot clean using just normal wet cloth!!! then I tried using those white color sponge with water then only can be removed. So white kitchen is very tiring to maintain oh...

Continue the story of larder unit cannot open, my husband & I head down to a shop along Bkt timah road to buy the blum 155 deg hinges. A man serve me, not very friendly, I brought along the Blum catalogue with me & show him what I want. Below is the conversation:

Me: the hinges is it with spring or without spring? (Cos the catalogue got 2 types with spring & without spring)

Man: of course got spring one. Without spring cannot close.

Me: the spring one how does it work? When open will spring & open straight till 155 deg? (If that's the case will knock my fridge)

Man: yes

Me: if the door open 90degree can pull out the inner drawer or not?

Man: CAnnot. Must open 155deg then only can pull out.

Me: oh I need the blum motion also. (I point to him on the catalogue the blum motion pc for 155degc hinges)

Man: why u want to buy that one? That one is not for 155degc hinges.

Me: (very puzzle... Cos the catalogue indicate that is for 155 hinges.

Man: (went to store to take the blum motion) total $xx.

Me: (i still very puzzle, & pay money)

Inside the car, I check the blum motion part number. It's the same with what I pointed to him what...

& without waiting for the carpenter, my husband fix it. Can pull out the drawer when door is open 90deg what...

What I want to say is, in the renovation industry, some men be-little women, some ppl (not only this guy, some other sub con or who so ever that I talked to), made me feel like an idiot. But in actual case, most of the time, I'm the person who is right... So men, pls respect our ideas...

Edited by bb_1314

Continue the story of larder unit cannot open, my husband & I head down to a shop along Bkt timah road to buy the blum 155 deg hinges. A man serve me, not very friendly, I brought along the Blum catalogue with me & show him what I want. Below is the conversation:

Me: the hinges is it with spring or without spring? (Cos the catalogue got 2 types with spring & without spring)

Me: the spring one how does it work? When open will spring & open straight till 155 deg? (If that's the case will knock my fridge)

Me: oh I need the blum motion also. (I point to him on the catalogue the blum motion pc for 155degc hinges)

Inside the car, I check the blum motion part number. It's the same with what I pointed to him what...

& without waiting for the carpenter, my husband fix it. Can pull out the drawer when door is open 90deg what...

What I want to say is, in the renovation industry, some men be-little women, some ppl (not only this guy, some other sub con or who so ever that I talked to), made me feel like an idiot. But in actual case, most of the time, I'm the person who is right... So men, pls respect our ideas...

Tink the bt timah store is referring to sprung and unsprung hinge... 90% of the industry are using sprung hinges which typically have the spring effect to close itself while the door gap is smaller... Unsprung is usually use for tip-on larder doors...

Edited by and888

I saved this pic before too! Actually I wanted to do concrete base only for sink support, but contractor says cannot cos "not nice". zzZzzz. Maybe you can check with him if can stick laminate over? Update me on this hor! Though it's too late for me to change anything now, but it's good to know :)

The concrete sink support is just the interior that remains concreted, while u can continue to use a normal laminated door to cover and diguse it. The contractor must be lazy.

The concrete sink support is just the interior that remains concreted, while u can continue to use a normal laminated door to cover and diguse it. The contractor must be lazy.

Hmm, so the laminated door goes over the concrete sink support, therefore cannot see the sides of the concrete support base?

Hmm, so the laminated door goes over the concrete sink support, therefore cannot see the sides of the concrete support base?

Yup, ensure that the side hollow blocks of the sink support do not protrude to the same depth as the kitchen counter front drop, leaving some space to fix up the wood frame for door and use mini hinges for the doors. As such, it remains concrete in within, and the doors will conceal the interior. Anything goes wrong in that area, it will not spread to the rest of the cabinets; damage control. Edited by and888

WHAT!?! :angry2: That is not right. But I suggest you call blum and ask them to send in their service team to have a look at your cabinet. They will get your carpenter to do it back properly according to their standard lor. You go to http://connect.blum.com/index.php/site/contact and either email or call. But i think better you call ah. I hope you will fix this as soon as possible!

WHAT!?! :angry2: That is not right. But I suggest you call blum and ask them to send in their service team to have a look at your cabinet. They will get your carpenter to do it back properly according to their standard lor. You go to http://connect.blum.com/index.php/site/contact and either email or call. But i think better you call ah. I hope you will fix this as soon as possible!

Calm down... lol. I'm much calmer now haha... The hinges had been fixed by my husband so don't need to call Blum service team.

I just moved in last Friday, haven't finish unpack yet. I'll request for the Blum house call service to look at the internal organiser to see how can I do it better :notti: Probably they will quote me everything of the orgaline series. haha...

image_zps2adecc08.jpg

my kitchen look sth like yours.. but black base and white doors.

my kitchen top and glass backing oso black.

initially oso wanted all white. but scared dirty la.. and i very lazy to clean..

lol

now still have to clean the white doors.