Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Suyun

Exodus - My Cloud Is Moving To The East

Down with fever and migrane already. must be the heat and humility. so i won't be visiting the site until i recover. zzzzzz at home :seeya:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

THEFT IN MY SITE

I have been lying low for this week. Came down with fever on Monday ... Recovered on Wednesday but migraine stick around and won't go away. :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: from Panasol to Ponstan and lots of caffeine

Have something to share for all to be alert.

My tilers and hackers lost their tools on site. Total damage $1400

When did it happened ? Monday night when everyone went back

How did it happened ? No one knows, could be an insider job

Lesson learnt - never leave your tools in the site, always bring with you or risk stolen

I don't want to go into fine details, my blood pressure will go up and migraine will hit me -baby one more time.

Time to move on, coming Monday we will dismantle remaining Windows. Going to change them.

Tilers will start work on waterproofing works on toilets.

Plumbers still waiting for us to confirm the dimension of my fittings before he can start work. Better find my hubby to do some weekend shopping today. :deal: check the Straits times for some good deals.

If anyone has lobang for me, drop me a note then. :yamseng:

oh dear! Did any of your new stuff got stolen?

We had wanted to leave our rainshower & sink with our plumber on site today.

He also told us he doesn't want to take the risk. Rather that we bring the items only when he is ready to install as there are alot of 'insider' jobs...

oh dear! Did any of your new stuff got stolen?

We had wanted to leave our rainshower & sink with our plumber on site today.

He also told us he doesn't want to take the risk. Rather that we bring the items only when he is ready to install as there are alot of 'insider' jobs...

Nope Shmj, none of our stuff stolen only the workers' tools. Thank God! Now have to be extra diligent Liao.

For my case, I locked up all my stuff in one of the room I am not renovating. Just to be safe.

Yes, we lock up all our stuff in the store room. Only key people know where we keep the keys.

Suyun - any more updates? waiting... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Shmj

Nothing much was happening at my site since that day. My project manager out of action for two weeks due to medical reasons. zz

Today the new windows and doors are up. Shall take photos and upload them for your viewing pleasure soon. All the home appliances have been ordered :deal:

Bosch Oven, Hood and induction Cooker

Electrolux Dishwasher and gas hob

Bathtub ordered

still looking for the perfect water closet for the five toilets. its terrible :unsure: , i have so many sizes s trap 6 inch, 6.5 inch, 7 inch and 8 inch. :bangwall: so are very nice but beyond my budget, others are out of stock, size not suitable. according to other members a WC is a WC. what is the fuss about? for easy maintainence, i would like them to be one piece, totally flushed to the wall, so my plumber can silicon the seal up the gap, then coachroaches will not hide there and mosquitoes won't breed behind the toilet bowl. it will be clean

Waterproofing of the toilets are ongoing. Tiles should be in by end of week and tiling will start soon.

Outstanding includes getting an electrician, sanitary wares, lightings, furnitures, curtains,

My main con Mr Jaskel is trying to complete the house before end november, so i can move in to celebrate Christmas. :dancingqueen::yamseng:

Thanks for dropping by,

:seeya:

WC if fully flushed to the wall means you will have to hack it apart if there's any issues.

Yes Minerat

that is why my main con has to have a good team working under him.

I trust that Mr Jaskel will do a good job. he also thinks it is more neat and space saving.

How is your MDM water closet? doing a good job? :good:

Have your problem been solved?

Sounds like good progress.

Jumbopanther, i am thinking of making a trip to that Waterworks shop at 27 Kranji Link which you mentioned in your T-blog. Is their price reasonable and competitive? really far for me so i hope it is not a wasted trip. Any feedback?

So far so good for mine. But sometimes circumstances may not be beyond your control. Like for my case, toilet was choked and they have to take the WC out and use a machine to suck up the chokage.

So far so good for mine. But sometimes circumstances may not be beyond your control. Like for my case, toilet was choked and they have to take the WC out and use a machine to suck up the chokage.

Oh okay, I will be extra careful in the selection of my water closet. I have learnt a lot from Joe of Adamas Bathroom, he helped me to select the water closet giving good advise on the size of s trap. He advise me not to use the wrong size as even with pan collar adjustment, the WC can choke when we use the wrong size and the plumber is not skillful enough during installation. sometimes, the WC just cannot handle too much paper and choke.

thanks i will take note.