Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
madmax67

Estimated Cost For Renovating Terrace

M & A, join pieces to whole then sell and buy pieces again...

Beware cash flow, interest rate, exchange rate, good/bad news, ms rule, age. We're approaching 6 million "head count" liao. Remember Steve Jobs's right hand rule: " be hunger back to beginning".

Actually i had a silly thought of slowly buying off my neighbors' units one by one then rent it out and wait for developer buy all from me...but i guess life is not as simple as monopoly

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Envy...so fun doing renovating...i think i'm going house hunting this weekend see if i could find something cheap, trade in my newly renovated unit for something old and redo again.

The quotes for renovation are sky-high these days because of higher material cost, high demand for renovation, booming market, etc. Why buy new house at high price now and renovate it at high cost?

Actually i had a silly thought of slowly buying off my neighbors' units one by one then rent it out and wait for developer buy all from me...but i guess life is not as simple as monopoly

It's possible. You just have to make sure that your neighbours buy at the peak of the market, wait for the property market to crash, and buy from them at rock bottom prices. Then at least it worth putting all your eggs in one basket.

The quotes for renovation are sky-high these days because of higher material cost, high demand for renovation, booming market, etc. Why buy new house at high price now and renovate it at high cost?

Ya my contractor told me 30% increase in material and labour wor so now reconstruct inter-terrace 2.5 become 3.5storey is 700k for conservation house, front facade still 2.5tall...so no point

no one read the daniel ong complain his neighbor drilling non-stop ah! Wonder where he stay wor...his neighbor worth 5-6m and his only 2.5m???

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/547013_10151334458421004_2063668506_n.jpg

read liao feel that Daniel Ong never check BCA/URA website before he slam bollywood. Add half a storey/ or 1storey is also considered as reconstruction. Tear down everything flat is call erection..maybe he think erection is kkj erect but sigh...quite disappointed at his letter

After move in sure must still do mah...coz 1year warranty period before u pay the last 5-10% of coz must do, i lagi more niow ask to repaint the whole house (coz i want to change color...cheapo i know). And reconstruction is standard 10months, new erection maybe slightly faster by 1month, he ish really no experience sia

But i must say the neighbor also don't know how to "zhuo ren" at least before u reno, you send a letter tell your neighbor will take how many months to reno or verbally tell them, send your left right neighbor cakes and stuff to apologise for the noise.

Edited by pantieileen

It's possible. You just have to make sure that your neighbours buy at the peak of the market, wait for the property market to crash, and buy from them at rock bottom prices. Then at least it worth putting all your eggs in one basket.

Come on....Property price VERY UNLIKELY to crash with increasing population and limited supply.

THIS IS ESPECIALLY FOR LANDED PROPERTY UNLESS WORLD WAR III IS COMING OR ANOTHER BIG FINANCE DISASTER LA.....

Dare to dream big is the first step, always.

No dreams no actions. But, carpenter's experience tell us: "measure twice, cut once".

I think i've measured too many rounds and dare not to "cut", half dream half awake.

Come on....Property price VERY UNLIKELY to crash with increasing population and limited supply.

THIS IS ESPECIALLY FOR LANDED PROPERTY UNLESS WORLD WAR III IS COMING OR ANOTHER BIG FINANCE DISASTER LA.....

Limited supply? Increasing population? What would happen once the "panic" button is press?

5.8mil liao. LHL said sing can take on 6 mil.

GDP very high hor, but, who are contributing to it?. The 3.2 mil singaporeans or the 2.6 mil non-singaporean? Don't forget: half of 3.2 mil are children and women non-working + old ages. The real "ratio" is 1.6 WORKING Singaporeans vs 2.6 WORKING non-singaporean.

Property is non-liquid, humans are very mobile. Experienced Teochew old men says "那里凉,那里坐",those europe and american angmohs are here and more to come to share with you the "shaded seat", watch out hor.

Look at BTOs, EC, DBSS (left a few), condos(99 +fh), soho.....everywhere being built, in singapore I see until i so scare. You see the mrt works, digging everywhere, everyday. What'll happen NEXT?

Have experienced 3 renos, so far, 4th one will be in end 2013 or mid 2014.

First time very excited, buy this and buy that, ask here and ask there, do this and do that, almost everything DIYs, cut cost mah, still young, energetic but no much cash.

Second round, pocket got $ liao, "empowered" ID to designs with "my innovative ideas" input and "material specifications", insisted to see drawings with color, sense of achievement and satifaction achieved.

Third round, wow, lazy liao, no second thought, engaged same ID. Again my ideas, my specifications, but no need drawings liao. 8 pilers distributed around hall/dining area, "48" inch sliding kitchen dr, "big" mirror next to dinning table. Customised 8ft full teak console from indonesia, full granite (rms, hall,kitchen), 8-seater dining table with super "tokong" legs - soup won't spill off if hit table accidentally. All tables covered with glass...., very tired.

Now prefer everything back to simple, any table any chairs, rms no drs also can, no aircon only portable electric fan, no king size bed only "portable" "dunlop"....why like this, anyone can "explain"?.

Edited by bepgof

First time very excited, buy this and buy that, ask here and ask there, do this and do that, almost everything DIYs, cut cost mah, still young, energetic but no much cash.

Second round, pocket got $ liao, "empowered" ID to designs with "my innovative ideas" input and "material specifications", insisted to see drawings with color, sense of achievement and satifaction achieved.

Third round, wow, lazy liao, no second thought, engaged same ID. Again my ideas, my specifications, but no need drawings liao. 8 pilers distributed around hall/dining area, "48" inch sliding kitchen dr, "big" mirror next to dinning table. Customised 8ft full teak console from indonesia, full granite (rms, hall,kitchen), 8-seater dining table with super "tokong" legs - soup won't spill off if hit table accidentally. All tables covered with glass...., very tired.

Now prefer everything back to simple, any table any chairs, rms no drs also can, no aircon only portable electric fan, no king size bed only "portable" "dunlop"....why like this, anyone can "explain"?.

LOL. You are hilarious bebgof!

Yes, my sentiments exactly too!! Guess most humans goes through this stage. I am at yr 3rd round now, have not upgraded to 4th round like you yet! :) The law of "Back to Basics".

End of the day, no matter how rich you are...what kind of the house you have ( doesnt matter of size or value), you can only eat 3 meals a day and sleep on 1 bed!!!

I"m a firm believer that a house need to be feel like a home.

If you live in a 30000ft GCB but feeling cold and doesnt feel like a warm home - than what matter most??

i tot u referring to govt and policies! Then i tot end 2013 mid 2014 = recession so govt pok liao use finish reserve must go back to normal sia

Hi Curry FH

Thanks for your posts. Would appreciate if you can PM me your quotes and the contractor(s) you are using or have spoken to? I have the same idea as you- I am intending to purchase a 40-year old inter-terrace (2 storey, land 2000 sf). I like the whole layout of the house and will not be hacking any walls. In fact, I might even want to keep the old mosaic in the rooms and flooring in the living room to maintain the retro-look. I have taken your list and amended it to suit my needs. Here goes:

Living/dining

Ceramic flooring for living/dining

Change main wooden door

Change old sliding door to 1 panel glass door (full glass with 4 panel foldable)

Kitchen

Dry Kitchen cabinets and hardtop (about 4m long)

Wet Kicthen cabinets (3m long)

Hack floor/wall tiles

Install ceramic/homogenous floor and wall tiles

Granny/Maid

Re-contruct Wall Partition for a Granny room

Re-contruct Wall Partition for a maid room

Re-contruct Wall Partition for a toilet

Change floor tiles

Bedrooms

Overlay laminate flooring over parquet (1500 sqft)

Change toilet x 3 2 (redo walls and floors)

Walk-in wardrobes for Granny and Master bedroom

New tiles for balcony

Toilet

New Toilet (floor to wall) x 3

Relocation of 1 toilet bowl

New Stairs Railing (Full Glass)

Car auto gate (optional)

Piping with hot water heaters

Repainting interior and exterior of house

Relocation of New Airconditioning and new aircon piping (this house does not have any AC)

Features wall for Dinning & Living

Painting (Interior and Exterior)

New Electrical wiring and power points

New Windows Panels x 6

And also, new roof and new ceiling.

Do you think I can do all the above for less than SG$100?

Thanks in advance

Hi Curry FH

Thanks for your posts. Would appreciate if you can PM me your quotes and the contractor(s) you are using or have spoken to? I have the same idea as you- I am intending to purchase a 40-year old inter-terrace (2 storey, land 2000 sf). I like the whole layout of the house and will not be hacking any walls. In fact, I might even want to keep the old mosaic in the rooms and flooring in the living room to maintain the retro-look. I have taken your list and amended it to suit my needs. Here goes:

Living/dining

Ceramic flooring for living/dining

Change main wooden door

Change old sliding door to 1 panel glass door (full glass with 4 panel foldable)

Kitchen

Dry Kitchen cabinets and hardtop (about 4m long)

Wet Kicthen cabinets (3m long)

Hack floor/wall tiles

Install ceramic/homogenous floor and wall tiles

Granny/Maid

Re-contruct Wall Partition for a Granny room

Re-contruct Wall Partition for a maid room

Re-contruct Wall Partition for a toilet

Change floor tiles

Bedrooms

Overlay laminate flooring over parquet (1500 sqft)

Change toilet x 3 2 (redo walls and floors)

Walk-in wardrobes for Granny and Master bedroom

New tiles for balcony

Toilet

New Toilet (floor to wall) x 3

Relocation of 1 toilet bowl

New Stairs Railing (Full Glass)

Car auto gate (optional)

Piping with hot water heaters

Repainting interior and exterior of house

Relocation of New Airconditioning and new aircon piping (this house does not have any AC)

Features wall for Dinning & Living

Painting (Interior and Exterior)

New Electrical wiring and power points

New Windows Panels x 6

And also, new roof and new ceiling.

Do you think I can do all the above for less than SG$100?

Thanks in advance

Have you found anyone to do up your place? You may email your requirements and layou plan tp jefsmart@singnet.com.sg

Nice guy. May be able to help you.