Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
franciz

Cellini Sofa

I was told by salesman this is a full leather sofa.

As seen in the pictures, the leather portion of the arm rest seems to "crack". When I use my hands to sweep that area, I can feel a patch of roughness...the feeling is like, there's a coat of dust settling upon the leather but cannot be rubbed away.

Please help to give some advise as to what can be done.

20120821001609.jpg

20120821001558.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If you just got it recently then call them to give you a replacement.

I did the same thing for my Cellini bed frame.

But if you got it for quite sometime already, then my suggestion just accept it as it is.

I thrown away my cellini sofa less than 2 years old due to excessive peeling.

Those kind of leather cannot touch water or using leather oil, it can peel of easy, only can dust it.

hi,

do u mean sub-standard leather product cannot use water or leather oil to clean it - and it will cause it to peel ?

Vhardono, I had just got it recently, less then a month.

Gosh, leather sofa peeling?

Then try to contact them and insist to have a replacement due to premature defect.

real leather should not peel, only crack. to prevent cracking, apply leather protectant every three months.

Gd evening gentlemen,

Thk u for the replies. I hv sent an email to the Cellini customer care & they say they will chk with their factory. I don't know whthr they are just patronizing me or what. Anyway, I hv not made full payment due to some hiccups here & there.

If u see clearly in the pics, it looks like there are cracks on the grains which causes the rough patches & "sandpaper effect" when I brush my hand along that area. No other areas of the sofa feels like that.

Gd evening gentlemen,

Thk u for the replies. I hv sent an email to the Cellini customer care & they say they will chk with their factory. I don't know whthr they are just patronizing me or what. Anyway, I hv not made full payment due to some hiccups here & there.

If u see clearly in the pics, it looks like there are cracks on the grains which causes the rough patches & "sandpaper effect" when I brush my hand along that area. No other areas of the sofa feels like that.

The leather stucco that was applied to it to cover up defects was not done properly, hence the rough patches and sandpaper effect.

I think it's much easier to just pick up the phone n call them.. instead of checking n counting faithfully how many views

After checking with several sofa sellers, peeling and leaving powder like material is result of PVC leather.

If yours is a full leather and has such problem, the sofa might not be made of real leather.