Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DancingInTheRain

2Nd Home @casa Clementi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Arh... Haven't posted for a long time coz my quiet sleepy baby changed! He realized the comfort of being carried after a few hours of visit to the hospital... And since then, he wants to be carried to sleep so I've no hands to type. Hahaaa...

Anyway, some updates abt my home reno....

Shopping @Universal Union

The Hubby bugged me for the longest time to settle all purchases before giving birth, so about a week before that, we went to Universal Union to buy everything. Knowing The Hubby, he would never have the patience to go around several shops just to get the bestest prices, my strategy for this was to get everything from the same shop. So, I looked around for one that sells the things that I wanted, which are

Hansgrohe shower faucets

I was deciding between this brand and Grohe and goggled on the two. I liked Grohe because that's the brand I saw everywhere when we were in Europe for our honeymoon. As for Hansgrohe, I did not know when or how that popped into my head. The Hubby and I went to the Grohe shop at IMM to check out the products but was a little put off by the non-chalant staff and the water efficiency ratings. We also went to a couple of shops along the way and somehow, I was sold on the Hansgrohe line coz I really think the children will like the froggy shower head... (Okie... At least I do! :dancingqueen: )

Ariston Kitchen Products

I knew I must get a built-in oven coz that was my dream since young. Somehow, it just feels different from those that I can put on the counter-top. Ariston coz I always liked this brand.

Long long basin for the master bedroom toilet

7ceb6e3e7e41b91c084c6ac085242158_zpseb13d1a9.jpg

Super love this from Kohler. We went to the Kohler showroom and think the products are really chio (but the prices also just as chio... Hahaa... This basin costs 1400+SGD. shipping from the States will cost half that price. :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: But still, it's way outta our budget so I had to look for alternatives!

Haiku Fan in Bamboo Caramel

0a0eaac4dbd27fbb08881519ef25cdaa_zps826ad193.jpg

Another love-at-first-sight item but till now, still not available... Shall continue waiting for good news....

Anyway, these are the items that we finally bought at Universal Union. We were served by Emily and she's the most helpful salesperson ever. Sent me specifications of products and tended to my many questions. Super appreciate and satisfied her work!

For the Common Toilet

9beb06564ef0c8918a24d48bcb85da56_zpsb222af0b.jpg

MUST have that froggy...

For the MBR Toilet

aac8bbc830083a5377e322a0dd60ebed_zps4344277c.jpg

MUST have that long long sink

For the Kitchen

04c3d946b38f73c920c7893d815b6f8c_zpsc07b033c.jpg

MUST have the Ariston Built-In Oven (can proof bread too!)

For our daily use

Can't post pic of the Rheem storage heater (says I posted more pictures than I'm allowed? :dunno: )

This is the one that I can't quite decide... We bought the one that's 25 liters and wonder if it's enough for a family of 4 to shower one after another. Anyone has any idea? :bath:

Yup... Managed to make one new post! Hope to post up pictures of my other stuff, if the baby cooperates! ;):yamseng:

Hi gal, love your toilets! Especially the long sink mbr. Looks really expnesive. May I know where u get it and price?

Love, Louvres

Dear Missy,

It's gonna be difficult between the 2 of us. But you insisted to have at least a part of me.

So, have fun cleaning!

Love,

Louvres

a1502e0cc3191194ea0311aeb87f3cd9_zps1c1a3c2c.jpg

Hi Louvres.

Where r u at home? I can't figure out your position.. Living room?!

Love the louvre door(s)!!

Can I ask how much is the door? And the contacts if you can? I'm thinking of doing the door for my MBR.

Warm regards,

MK

:yamseng:

Hi MK,

This door is from our contractor, Mr. K. It's solid wood with glass top and louvres bottom with spray paint.

As for the price, you've got mail! ÜÜÜ

Hi gal, love your toilets! Especially the long sink mbr. Looks really expnesive. May I know where u get it and price?

I got all my accessories from Universal Union. As for the price, you've got mail! ÜÜÜ

Heehee... Mr. K was also commenting that it looks good too.... And when I bought it, I actually applied the concept of Trigo Ratios to check if the tap will splash water out as it's so narrow and shallow.

Hi Louvres.

Where r u at home? I can't figure out your position.. Living room?!

Dear Chezph,

Yes, Mdm. I protect the privacy of my Missy and her precious family when the guest are around. I'm also closed (louvres) so that cool air from the aircon won't escape to other parts of the home unnecessarily..

Love,

Louvres

Edited by DancingInTheRain

Dear Chezph,

Yes, Mdm. I protect the privacy of my Missy and her precious family when the guest are around. I'm also closed (louvres) so that cool air from the aircon won't escape to other parts of the home unnecessarily..

Love,

Louvres

Hi Louvres,

U r born brilliant ..

I realized u r the wall outside passageway in living hall.

Haha

Hi Louvres,

U r born brilliant ..

I realized u r the wall outside passageway in living hall.

Haha

Hahaaa... Yes yes... Even building this door had quite a few technical considerations coz of the space constraints + the aircon on top + box up + bla bla bla... Heng I work with experienced folks... I'm glad it turned out well... Ü

I got all my accessories from Universal Union. As for the price, you've got mail! ÜÜÜ

Heehee... Mr. K was also commenting that it looks good too.... And when I bought it, I actually applied the concept of Trigo Ratios to check if the tap will splash water out as it's so narrow and shallow.

Thanks! Got it ..

Thanks! Got it ..

Btw is the sink too shallow?

Hi DancingInTheRain!

nice designs you have out there.

anyway, your electrical wirings are all done by Mr K. too?

Anyway, may I have contacts for Mr K. as well as the carpentry? really interested in their works.

side note, roughly what was the bill for the whole reno?