Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jwsh

Jwsh's Home @ Punggol Residence

[Preview of the System]

8180422412_efc1d8ed0a_b.jpg

This is good!! :dribble: :dribble: Love the layout!

Please post the whole setup when you are done! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This is good!! :dribble: :dribble: Love the layout!

Please post the whole setup when you are done! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Hi kim76! Sure I will post the whole setup when it is done.

Hee I am camping for black friday to buy more stuffs from Amazon!!

Hi kim76! Sure I will post the whole setup when it is done.

Hee I am camping for black friday to buy more stuffs from Amazon!!

I got no ideas what o buy in Amazon. What are u looking at? Maybe can poison me? :dribble: :dribble:

Vornado is on sale!!!

I have bought 2 of the 715 at USD$79.99 (Usual USD$99.99) via HopShopGo buyforme service. Homefix is selling these fans for like $450 each!

715 Full-Size Circulator

715-hero1.png

Final Costing Calculation

2 Fans - USD$79.99 x 2 (SGD $204.77)

Buyforme Service - USD$8 (SGD $10.24)

Chargeable Shipping (11.5kg) - USD$78 (SGD $99.58)

Transformer x 2 - SGD$25 x 2

Total cost per fan = $182.30

Edited by jwsh

Sorry for the slowwww update , we are really busy with wedding preparation and packing to move house . I will upload the finished renovation photos next week!

Edited by jwsh

Sorry for the slow updates as I was down with bad flu and busy with work.

As for now, basically all works and cleaning had been completed. For the coming weeks, we will be getting our furnishings in and setting up my AV systems. my ID (Cheryl) will be also assisting us to purchase decor for our place for the final-touch up.

We are going down to our place today to take photos of my place without the furnishings and will upload for our readers to see :yamseng: .

Lastly, our ID personally DIY our MBR feature wall using the Nippon Momento. As we wanted the room to be soft and cosy, we chose "Castle" (MS140) under Sparkle Silver series to give us a feel of calm blue sky. If you shine some light on the sparkle silver series, it gives you a different feel with the silvery refection. From photo, you will not be able to see the reflection and the texture of the wall.

We really love the final result for our MBR feature wall! :dribble: Really appreciate that our ID took day off to help us on this! We saved $500 from engaging professional painter to do this and $400 from having the need of using wallpaper. :drunk:

[MBR Feature Wall - Nippon Momento]

8173408431_7d3b21634c.jpg

8173441684_d9ca5f9d39.jpg

8173440060_ebc040a4bf_b.jpg

:thumbs up: Nice. My contractor also boh bian need to dirty his hands because his painter uncle don't know how to paint.

On Sunday, we went down to have another round of cleaning done by ourselves.

With our house cleaned, Nicholas from Soundzipper brought our sound systems over. As our furnishings were not in till coming Friday, Nicholas hooked up all the sound equipment to form stereo system and did basic calibration to let us preview by playing several CDs. :sport-smiley-018: . Indeed it was a good chance to poison my wife who has been complaining to me for spending so much on entertainment systems. :rolleyes: . I guess it worked with less nagging for the day :sport-smiley-004:

Nicholas still has to hook up my rear speakers to form 5.1 systems and the bass trap needs to be covered with laminate.

[installation of Vicoustic Multifusor]

8180421022_667d4e8633_b.jpg

[Preview of the System]

8180422412_efc1d8ed0a_b.jpg

Did you took over Pete's LCR & your sub from Peng? :sport-smiley-004: Nicholas helped Pete in his sound treatment. I must say, it is good :thumbs up: Met Nicholas once at Pete's place. Hope to see your 5.1 setup real soon. :yamseng:

did your id / carpenter charge u xtra for the cabinet interior laminates?

Yes. Colour PVC for the cabinet interior will be different from normal white laminate

Final Costing Calculation

2 Fans - USD$79.99 x 2 (SGD $204.77)

Buyforme Service - USD$8 (SGD $10.24)

Chargeable Shipping (11.5kg) - USD$78 (SGD $99.58)

Transformer x 2 - SGD$25 x 2

Total cost per fan = $182.30

Hi jwsh,

i am getting my house pretty soon and i saw all the stuff that you guys got on amazon, care to share how does the 3rd pretty shipping works? I understand that mostly US site ships to a US address.. pardon my question here... noob here.... :bleah:

Hi jwsh,

i am getting my house pretty soon and i saw all the stuff that you guys got on amazon, care to share how does the 3rd pretty shipping works? I understand that mostly US site ships to a US address.. pardon my question here... noob here.... :bleah:

YSL85 , u can use Vpost.com.sg , china taobao , more worth it , but provided , you r not against china goods . I got my bed from there , good quality :good:

YSL85 , u can use Vpost.com.sg , china taobao , more worth it , but provided , you r not against china goods . I got my bed from there , good quality :good:

Thanks Elaine81! I will try it out.. not totally a fan of Taobao.. haha.. :P

8)Bluray Player - Sony BDP-790 ($299 from Sony Member Sale!)

7885304864_133c70a69a_n.jpg

9)Customised L-Shaped Grey Fabric Sofa from Wynn Furnishing

10) WMF Pressure Cooker, 24pcs Cutlery Set & 4pcs Cookware Set

11) Fujitsu System 4 Aircon

12) Bosch Washer(WAS32890EU)/Dryer(WTS86515BY)

13) Bosch Oven (HBG-435450A)

14) Monitor Audio RXFX Rear Surround Speakers

8042677496_d22765df17.jpg

[items Pending to be Purchased]

1) Microwave

2) AV Receiver & Cables

3) Wishlist items from Amazon :dribble:

4) & Many many more :o

Hi! Lovely home! Love the splash of yellow in the kitchen. I have a question on the SONY BDP 790 BluRay player. If this is connected on the home network, can it stream/play video from my computer or NAS?

Thks!