Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hoaili

Our 142Sqm Ea @ Sk

Hi

Nice bedroom doors you have! May I know is this Veneer door and how much did you pay for it?Thanks

Thank you ! Yes, it is Veneer door but not a solid one. Each door cost me $180.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone have a contact that can deliver tiles from JB to singapore? I found tiles in JB...unfortunately they dont do delivery to singapore :( Need help

Is it large quantity ? If not, you can bring in yourself but beware of the GST.

Hi Hoaili

Read your very interesting blog and nice reno too. May I have your contact for ID & carpentry works? Since they are base in JB and how do you coordinate with them?

Thanks

Our ID introduced A & V Aluminium Contractor to us. I checked online and found this forum thread and was relieved to find that they have been recommended by others.

However, now that our home is done, I feel the need to warn people who have searched online for reviews of A & V. They are terrible.

We commissioned our front door grille, glass windows (both frosted and clear), and aluminium grilles with them. We experienced so many problems with them that I can't even list them all, but a few key issues:

1. Bad measurements of the window frame/track that causes windows and grilles to be easily shifted and dislodged so you can open them even when they are "locked" with the usual sash locks. (!!!) This is a dealbreaker as the windows we have are by the corridor so people can just break in.

2. The bathroom window also did not fit properly into the window sill. One window even had rust on it!

3. "Powder coated" aluminum grilles do not seem powder coated at all and already had small scratches and defects on it.

4. Insulation and sound-proof quality is very bad

They came down more than a dozen times to replace and fix the windows. In the end, after rounds of negotiating with them we now have additional bolts installed in each window pane and grille. However, this causes us to be unable to open all our windows fully without first opening our grilles and doing a shuffle.

Overall, it was a horrible experience and I would caution everyone to avoid A & V like the plague. When you are shopping for windows and grilles, it is better if you can see a sample of how it looks and what the quality is so you can what we had to go through, with unexpected things here and there. We have now learned our lesson, and I hope others can benefit by learning from our mistake, too.