Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
originalbread

Originalbread's Humble Abode

I think I really bad luck. Maybe like what you say, there is a fault line. last few days rained, maybe it splashed on the door and caused this. But then, how can the previous old hdb door lasted 38 years and this $450 door last only less than 1 month??? So sad, I should've kept the old door, old floor...

Its not bad luck. Its called warranty. $450 door cracked in 1 mth = ask the door supplier to change the door.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:( nyatoh door should feel solid, right? What did the invoice state? Solid nytoh door, semi solid nyatoh door or hollow nytoh door?

Indeed it is a wonder...

I hope everything will resolve well in the end...

I got it through the contractor so I don't have invoice of the door. But the agreement is solid nyatoh wood door. Thanks.

Its not bad luck. Its called warranty. $450 door cracked in 1 mth = ask the door supplier to change the door.

The contractor agrees that this is not acceptable too. So he will go liaise with the door supplier and get it settled. Otherwise I won't pay him.

They going to take back the door n repolish n lacquer, making sure no gaps where water could seep thr.

The floor I got another contractor to see, he say must redo the grout n told me how to get my contractor to redo. My contractor wants to pay him to do the work but he too many projects on hand. So now stuck...

Did he spoil the grout because of doing acid wash more than once? I saw holes in a number of places.

Hi my contractor explained to me that acid wash will weaken the grouting, so typically need to touch up after acid wash. Happened to my place (i.e. holes and grout) and my contractor touched it up, no questions asked.

As for the colour, I've seen 'grout pens' in Home Fix store before. Took note of them in case I need to touch up my white tile grouting due to dirt. After staying in, realised that I am not that bothered by dirty grouting but you can consider using those for your new place.

Hope your reno woes are over soon. Jia you!

Thanks Adidaem

My contractor tried touching up a few holes so that I could see if the color is very different and ugly. but after it dried up, and I touched it after more than 24hr, the fillings crumble and fall out. Perhaps the holes are too big. So he redo the grouting for the whole floors and I'm still waiting to see how the final result will be.

Because my grout are not white, so don't think there will be matching color grout pens available.

Thanks for the well wishes. Yes, hope the reno would be completed soon...

Hi my contractor explained to me that acid wash will weaken the grouting, so typically need to touch up after acid wash. Happened to my place (i.e. holes and grout) and my contractor touched it up, no questions asked.

As for the colour, I've seen 'grout pens' in Home Fix store before. Took note of them in case I need to touch up my white tile grouting due to dirt. After staying in, realised that I am not that bothered by dirty grouting but you can consider using those for your new place.

Hope your reno woes are over soon. Jia you!

Originalbread, how's everything? Hope they end well with all issues resolved...

Thanks Sygnur. Waiting for final rectifications. but the house is already crumbling as he rectify... My hinges and door stoppers have gone rusty even before I moved in! :jawdrop: The door still cracking after repair. :furious:

Sigh, really problematic.

Some updates.

285666_10151109668178285_1831971058_n.jpg

The other view of the kitchen

252363_10151160009808285_1805833590_n.jpg

new purchase during the weekend, tv console

now on the not so pretty stuff. grouting redone for living, bedrooms and kitchen. living and bedrooms does look better with matching grout. but here's the kitchen.

390322_10151160650748285_1205607558_n.jpg

can't understand why anyone can say that its supposed to look like this. really its 睁眼说瞎话。The contractor kept saying color not even not his fault, he told me before the color will not be even. But how can it be till this standard?

And the front door is still cracking after the repairs done not so long ago. seems like taking the door back to factory to repair, paint it with a waterproof lacquer still do not work. I tell the contractor I can't accept this door, must change. He said change to another one will still be like this becos the rain splash and afternoon sun at my place quite bad. Anyone can suggest a more appropriate type of door for a place that will 日晒雨淋?I would think those with as little designs and joinings would be safter (though mine is already quite simple, just 1 sq, 1 rectangle). Scared I insist on changing, ultimately still crack.

Some updates.

285666_10151109668178285_1831971058_n.jpg

The other view of the kitchen

252363_10151160009808285_1805833590_n.jpg

new purchase during the weekend, tv console

now on the not so pretty stuff. grouting redone for living, bedrooms and kitchen. living and bedrooms does look better with matching grout. but here's the kitchen.

390322_10151160650748285_1205607558_n.jpg

can't understand why anyone can say that its supposed to look like this. really its 睁眼说瞎话。The contractor kept saying color not even not his fault, he told me before the color will not be even. But how can it be till this standard?

And the front door is still cracking after the repairs done not so long ago. seems like taking the door back to factory to repair, paint it with a waterproof lacquer still do not work. I tell the contractor I can't accept this door, must change. He said change to another one will still be like this becos the rain splash and afternoon sun at my place quite bad. Anyone can suggest a more appropriate type of door for a place that will 日晒雨淋?I would think those with as little designs and joinings would be safter (though mine is already quite simple, just 1 sq, 1 rectangle). Scared I insist on changing, ultimately still crack.

gal... As I read your post, really feel so sad for you leh... I think for the door, if it's naytoh wood, I think cannot be so jalat. Ask the contractor to change or source for your own and dont pay him!

gal... As I read your post, really feel so sad for you leh... I think for the door, if it's naytoh wood, I think cannot be so jalat. Ask the contractor to change or source for your own and dont pay him!

:( My main door is solid nyatoh wood... just too many unfortunate things and lots of bad luck. even the electrical appliances from gain city I have some items that coating are peeling/scrapped and may become rusty. have reported to them and hope they will just replace for me.

ya, i held back more than 1/3 of the payment. not going to pay him until things properly resolved...

:( My main door is solid nyatoh wood... just too many unfortunate things and lots of bad luck. even the electrical appliances from gain city I have some items that coating are peeling/scrapped and may become rusty. have reported to them and hope they will just replace for me.

ya, i held back more than 1/3 of the payment. not going to pay him until things properly resolved...

sorry to hear about this...just try to endure and solve them. My renovation has started and have also encountered some unhappiness (even lose some sleep...)

I tell myself that renovation is just a small part of our life, just look forward to staying in my new place..