Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jgal

Is It Okay For Christian To Throw Ong Lai , Oranges And Scatter Salt And Rice

Under western God alone, there are already different denominations. Methodist, catholics, seven day adventist, jehovah, charismatic, pentacostants, judaism, anglican, baptism and so on..... Some still in old testament times while some are in new testaments times....also got extremist within the religion itself tio bo? Playing and using the Iphone can also mean idolatory...tell me which christian don't end up stuck to one thing or another. The main thing is got place it more important than your God or not... To live in this world ....being a christian still cannot balance this may seem to have understanding problem. Whoa Seh....Can you expect the catholics to do away with the rosary, beads and Mary? can you expect the charismatics not to slain a spirit? Cna you expect the pentacostants not to speak in tongues? We are chinese turn christians.....we still have our parents, relatives, roots to respect. Respecting where we came from doesn't offend the God. If offend, might as well change yellow to white skin!! Siboh?? Respect others and others will respect you. What you view is your own entitlement.....no point choking others throat. Last time is jealous god but now gracious god....jealous bcos last time still need sacrifice but now already one super lamb sacrifice once and for all.....understand liao bo? When you enter a chuch...u don't hold joss rite....when you go funeral...u try not to and best by declaring but if elders around and dont understand....give them the respect...god will not pick on these....all see in your heart or u mean he see your act and cannot see ur heart.....so where is the omnipotency and omnipresence? Insults to him rite....mai siao siao ok.

As christians....if wan to roll...take it like bowling la...just roll but if you roll and think that god of wealth will hop and give you returns...pai seh...over the board liao....God cannot accept liao.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So chinese new year, my kakis, friends and relatives give ang poh....i just say i christian....cannot give back....sak ka liao...

So i trust in god, better have faith to walk on water....cannot take plane or drive

Ya, if tio cancer, no need to see doctor because he can heal you 100% mah, tio boh? If go see doctor, that means no faith wor, like that will go **** liao, siao liao.

Interesting question :D.

I feel these objects or actions are only symbolic..... They r harmless.

There r many things that Christians do which r also symbolic eg kneeling, the holy communion, baptism....

So I think it is alright to roll the pineapple n sprinkle salt to symbolize blessing n cleansing.

I did these simple acts when I first got my keys..... I find it meaningful :D just my 2cents

Edited by potatoes

Heavy topic, which indeed bothers quite many people. There is no right or wrong, subject to "ultimate intention" of such behaviour. God knows.

This deals with a humanic community's culture, sub-culture, rituals.....

When 2 different cultures meet together, they often "clash" - the ways of doing "same thing" are different. That is/was why the "westernised christinity" (actual originated from middle east)ways of doing things, beliefs, mentality, often "clash" with the "eastern" people.

Jesus was with the sinfuls, not holy. Was born in....not palace.

Peter went to the "non-chosen".

Paul said "everything is from God", you can eat all things, but.......

Once I was bothered too, now not. Take all these "things" objectively, apply objectisvism allow one to have different views. I've travelled to more than some 20 countires, I know what is called "cultural shock", apply diversity view, God in heaven know everything, don't be bothered by the "humans' view" - do what you think right.

Once I "refused" to burn joss sticks and incense paper. Now, occassionally, depend on "situations", I follow the non-believers' "norms", in hope to tell them that i'm not the "outsider".

Interesting question :D.

I feel these objects or actions are only symbolic..... They r harmless.

There r many things that Christians do which r also symbolic eg kneeling, the holy communion, baptism....

So I think it is alright to roll the pineapple n sprinkle salt to symbolize blessing n cleansing.

I did these simple acts when I first got my keys..... I find it meaningful :D just my 2cents

Does skipping these procedures consider incomplete for the house feng shui?

These social behavioural performances are non-fs related, merely social "product" of some classes. These performances evolve gradually over time, from influence factors like educational level(knowledge), technology, religional practices(community historical background), global cultural influences(taking planes like bueses now, internet), etc being the major "driving forces" of such cause, resulted to this "social effect". Don't understand?

- Wax candle replaced by electric bulb - autumn lantern.

- Paper germany "mercedes", "BMW". Paper iphone, paper credit card (which bank?, best put DBS and POSB - you'll know what'd happen).

- Roads become "water road", why not "wooden road", "fire road"....? Perhap "underpass" should be called "earth road"?

These behavioual things are really "symbolic", cos ppl attached their values, experience to such and interprete. (all things are symbolic in fact).

- Pineapple, pronounce (is a kind of language game in postmodernist)in some dialects like hokkien and teochiew "sound" as "prosperity come". Will roll the pineapple bring "prosperity" - a 3 yo child can tell the answer.

- Salt, perceived being $ for ghosts. Give them "tips", so won't get harassed? - "Tipping" can settle thing -"a "product" of ancient culture. Now? May land in jail cell once get caught, you know.

It is very difficult for non-believer to understand what I am talking abt. If i am a unbeliever, i think i would have thought the same that such actions are okay.

A believer will think twice, whether or not they are convince abt the reasons behind such an comment. It will take God's guidance.

Christian is abt faith in God. if there is no faith, then there is no christianity. Because we are beliving something that we cannot see or touch. :) Maybe that's why such action that signify show disbelief is lnot right.

I , once, thought it was insignificate. And i did it to applease my in-laws. Things happened.. i didnt know why. ask the FS master, he also dun know. But he clearly say that my fortunate is great in these few years during the consultation. And also he say the new house is prefect for us. So FS prefect , bazi prefect.. why bad things happened ?!?!? and serious bad things...

aniway..God gave me some answers and solved my problems. And i am compelled to share here because i wished that someone has reminded me then. Maybe then a life will be saved.

Sometimes, ppls think.. why bad things happened to good ppl.. Actually, bad things are sometimes invited unknowingly.

Edited by Jgal

why do you need fs audit, when God say that He's going to bless you?!?

Dedicate the house to God. He will blesses those that enters the house. He promised hope and happiness, isnt that why is most impt. :)

Why do we need to check traffic lights when God was suppose to walk beside (or carry us). Why we need to improve our knowledge and skills for better career when God can provide loaves and fishes free. Why we need to see doctor when we can pray to God for healing.

All "answers" to these questions, to large extend, are "symbolic" = each can interprete his/her ways or meaning, equate to "no answers", "no right or wrong".

Living in an objective world, governed by "natural laws", when we throw Ong Lai/orange.salt/rice, should know its specific "meaning" or "cause" wich renders to some effects, during the process, at end or continuous thereafer....

God helps those who help themselves.

Believing in God doesn't mean throwing away your common sense. Helping yourself doesn't mean doing things that displease God.

When you throw Ong lai, you are hoping that the act would bring you prosperity. If this is in line with biblical belief, then churches would be decorated with Ong lais. Everytime churches ask for financial blessings, just roll Ong lai can already.

When you sprinkle rice or salt at the corners of the house, you are chasing evil spirits or unrestful spirits away. Isn't that the practice of Toaist priests? Whatever that practice is, it's definitely not a Christian practice. If not, I should see pastors and priests doing the same thing.

We can argue until the cows come home and we will still believe in what we want to believe. Like what one of the posters said, unless you are a believer, you will not understand why it's not right to do the above. If you are a Christian and do those things, then I would say, go ask your pastor if it is right, because obviously you don't go o church or read the bible enough.

Salvation is by grace and not by works. Going to church and follow the scripture does not make u a Christian, just like priests in Jesus's time.

It's His graces that lead you to understand His wisdom. Anyway, Everything work for the Good of His people. I hope we dun equate the level of 'christian' by going or not going to church . Believe or not believe in fs. For it by grace, that we believe. Pls dun belittle anyone in the process. Pls dun promote self-righteousness.

Edited by HappyHouse88

Believing in God doesn't mean throwing away your common sense. Helping yourself doesn't mean doing things that displease God.

When you throw Ong lai, you are hoping that the act would bring you prosperity. If this is in line with biblical belief, then churches would be decorated with Ong lais. Everytime churches ask for financial blessings, just roll Ong lai can already.

When you sprinkle rice or salt at the corners of the house, you are chasing evil spirits or unrestful spirits away. Isn't that the practice of Toaist priests? Whatever that practice is, it's definitely not a Christian practice. If not, I should see pastors and priests doing the same thing.

We can argue until the cows come home and we will still believe in what we want to believe. Like what one of the posters said, unless you are a believer, you will not understand why it's not right to do the above. If you are a Christian and do those things, then I would say, go ask your pastor if it is right, because obviously you don't go o church or read the bible enough.

FS forumers, allow me to side track.

Words engraved on stone remain, but stone has broken. Alan & Mosses knew, Paul comprehened the best.

Don't take note of grain of dust in brother's eye, beware of bit of wood in won eye. Jesus reminded.

Don't judge, let HIM does his job.

Meaningful quotes to share:

- A lot of kneeling keep you in good standing.

- Don't put a question mark where God put a full stop.

- God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

- A family altar can alter a family.

It is very difficult for non-believer to understand what I am talking abt. If i am a unbeliever, i think i would have thought the same that such actions are okay.

I , once, thought it was insignificate. And i did it to applease my in-laws. Things happened.. i didnt know why. ask the FS master, he also dun know. But he clearly say that my fortunate is great in these few years during the consultation. And also he say the new house is prefect for us. So FS prefect , bazi prefect.. why bad things happened ?!?!? and serious bad things...

Over same thing, yr in-law has "this" intention" while you had "that" intention, God is a spirit, He knows what is for what and which is for which.

Be dare to face the crowd, and at times, walk into the crowd.

He came for the "sinful" not for self-proclaimed "holy" ones.

I've said more than enough.