Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shmj

To The East We Go!

Are you also using the same contractor as me?

We figured that it is better to have the dust below then have them fall over our heads. so we asked them to finish the top floors 1st.

Not the same contractor. I have no choice to get 1 and 2 levels ready as the top works will be installing a roof terrace that no way it can be ready in such as short time frame.... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I bought the same WC for my common toilet and regretted it almost immediately. The WC looks nice when everything is down. But in actual usage, the seat cover will always be up, and hence blocking the flush button. Male users will have to reach very low to hit the flush button. Female users worse, have to be a contortionist to reach the button below and behind the cover, while remaining seated. If still can change, I will strongly advise you to.

:jawdrop: really ah? jialat... will discuss with ah lao see if we can change or not. Delivery not made yet so I think still got chance.

So for the rest of the toilets which one you bought?

Are you sure you can move in before the TOP?

err... if all likelihood, might hv to move in before TOP liao.

Not the same contractor. I have no choice to get 1 and 2 levels ready as the top works will be installing a roof terrace that no way it can be ready in such as short time frame.... :)

Well, at least you have a longer time frame than me... you have abt 2.5mths. I only gave 1.5mths. :rolleyes:

Edited by shmj

Legally speaking, one is not allowed to move into a building before TOP.

Unfortunately, not much of a choice for us....

We don't have the luxury of another home for us to stay neither do we want to go through the headaches of packing & unpacking.... :unsure:

Got the quote for the aircon:

1. Mitsubishi inverter single split 18000btu with conceal pipes 02 set $4000.00

For New Master Bedroom & New Entertainment Room

M/n: MUY-GE18VA / MSY-GE18VA

2. Mitsubishi ceiling cassette 45000btu with conceal piping 01 set $3500.00

M/n: PU-5YAKD / PL-5AAK-SE

Total: $7500.00

I got a higher back one for the other WCs. Check out my t-blog for the pics. I forgot the brand already though.

But you do know you are gonna get into a lot of trouble if injuries or deaths occur as a result of the works right? Before TOP is issued, technically the place is not certified safe for occupation.

Unfortunately, not much of a choice for us....

We don't have the luxury of another home for us to stay neither do we want to go through the headaches of packing & unpacking.... :unsure:

Got the quote for the aircon:

1. Mitsubishi inverter single split 18000btu with conceal pipes 02 set $4000.00

For New Master Bedroom & New Entertainment Room

M/n: MUY-GE18VA / MSY-GE18VA

2. Mitsubishi ceiling cassette 45000btu with conceal piping 01 set $3500.00

M/n: PU-5YAKD / PL-5AAK-SE

Total: $7500.00

But you do know you are gonna get into a lot of trouble if injuries or deaths occur as a result of the works right? Before TOP is issued, technically the place is not certified safe for occupation.

True.

I suggest that you should check the clauses of your Home Fire Insurance and also the Contrator's All Risks Insurance. Very likely because of moving in before TOP, both insurances can be voided. (Recall the rationale behind the insurer voiding the insurance of the driver in the Ferrari accident?)

If don't even have Contractor's All Risks Insurance, then jialat liao la...

Just my thought.

Enjoy!

Yes, that is correct.

And one more thing, for A&A, before TOP, still consider as site, meaning main contractor is in charge of the site, if he allows others to prior moving in, he may get penalized or fine, demerit pts etc. Your contractor should know this and advise you.

Thanks all for the advise. Will ck with the contractor again.

He has all the insurances in place. Just need to confirm if he can get the TOP for us before we move in.

Thanks all for the advise. Will ck with the contractor again.

He has all the insurances in place. Just need to confirm if he can get the TOP for us before we move in.

What you can do is to review all the works and prioritize those that are TOP-related to complete first. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to rush those structural related work if I were you; it simply takes time for the cement to cure properly.

The insurance, you should have a copy because the beneficiary is you, not the Contractor's, should an event took place.

Some unethical contractors (not saying yours is) would say, yes all permits submitted and approved blah blah blah, but owner never seen any hard copy or Corenet's message.

Enjoy!

Edited by Lauer

Hi your sofa is so nice and comfy! Can share where did you get it and how much? Thanks!

Toilet bowls that we bot:

brand: Magnum

Price: $288/ set (toilet bowl + wash basin)

CWC-2340-WT%28700x410x550%29.jpg

Wet kitchen 2 bowl sink + tap bought in ah lao's hometown for RM$298

sorry, no pics. :P

Main hall sofa set - bot

b8292acafd72142128a3481ac4b0abff_XL.jpg

We've come to the end of Week 2 of our reno...

Glad to see that the concrete works are in order.

End of Week 2:

2nd floor balcony & Car porch cover

2ndfloorbalcony_zps887992e3.jpg

Pouring the cement

2ndfloorbalcony_1_zpsadf0123c.jpg

Edited by shmj

My poor neighbour's front door all kenna blocked... hope they dun get too :furious:

While the works were ongoing outdoors, we went inside to see how much has been done.

2nd floor extension, the structure beams are in placed.

2ndfloorbeam_zpsf9f5aac3.jpg

3rd floor extension, the structure beams are in placed too.

3rdflrextension_zpsa620434a.jpg

We saw that they have already drawn the markings for the additional staircase to the 4th floor.

I guess if all goes well, by end of next week, the works for the 4th floor should be almost done.

Contractor said if all goes well, within 2-3weeks, the wet works should be more or less done & BCA shd be doing their rounds.

Now, we all pray hard hard that everything goes smoothly.