Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DPSK

Elmark Fans And Remote Controls

Hi All,

Just to share with you about my bad experiences with the fans and remote controls from Elmark.

My home is a 4 bedroom flat. I purchased 4x of their EL3888 VIP9. All 4x of the fans are with remote controls but only 3x of them are with lightings.

And to my dismay and within a period of 2.5 years after the purchase, i have already called Elmark service centre at least 4 to 5 times.

One of the problems was to do with a noisy motor. The noisy motor was replaced.

The other problems was that the old remote (see picture - left remote) has a faulty design. It caused one of my receivers (located under the fan) to burn and giving out smoke. The other problem was the old remote cant synchronise and control the fans and lightings. I was forced to change into a new set of remotes (see picture - right remote).

Take note even though your fans are under warranty, you still need to pay for transportation charges!

Now my latest problem is one of the fans is not functioning again. Previously my house circuit break has tripped so i suspect the receiver has busted again!!! and the other fan has a vibrating motor. WTF i need to call Elmark again.

Mind you their transportation cost is $30 per trip and $20 workmanship per fan. One set of remote control costs me $120. You imagine how many remote controls I have purchased from them?!

ic0doy.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have a very bad expreince with ELMARK FANS. I bought 4 unit for my new house and the one in the hall hv broke down twice and now another one in my kids room fan suffer the same fate. it broke down last week and untill today nobody from Elmark came to my house to make a survey and i call up Elmark Penang which to my surprise the say they did not receive any call from me!!!! So I decided to call up their SG office to make a com[laint and request to speak to their Boss or PIC but the stupid rude girl who pick up the phone just hang up my call and refused to pick up my call after that.

Anybody can help me to get about this??

PLS NEVER EVER BUY ELMARK FANS