Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yunyunhere

Can I Hack This Beam In The Kitchen?

beamq.jpg

I know generally we are not allowed to hack away the beam in the house, but what about just to make it level with my kitchen wall, not the whole beam? The current vertical beam in my kitchen is so thick and space consuming, I will be happy enough if i could make it 1/2 thinner. Possible?

The beam in the red circle is the one i want to modify.

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

beamq.jpg

I know generally we are not allowed to hack away the beam in the house, but what about just to make it level with my kitchen wall, not the whole beam? The current vertical beam in my kitchen is so thick and space consuming, I will be happy enough if i could make it 1/2 thinner. Possible?

The beam in the red circle is the one i want to modify.

Thank you.

Nope. Not possible. There are steel structures inside so cannot hack. Suggest to hide that area with a fridge or kitchen cabinet. Flushing the main wall with this small column will minimize the kitchen space, so won't recommend unless there are no other solutions.

Hope this helps.

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

don't hate it, no beam = no flats.... so beams are needed, just like foundation.

Hahaz yupz. Gotta 'love' them. Work around it lo bobian~ :)

:yamseng: ,

Mike

okok, not hating beams then. But how come i never noticed these horrible beams when i viewed this unit??!! too excited too rushed??? lesson learnt, no repeating mistakes for my 2nd home after N years.

Have a nice weekend, May and Mike!

Hummm... that's a column, not possible.

Like what the rest of the guys have said, best way is to push out the wall.

or you can consider this suggestion, align your cabinet and walls with the protruded columns, and do pockets of recess on the walls to maximise the voids.

Cheers

I had something smiliar.. A "indestructible" beam so have to build false wall to flush the whole area!! :)

No matter how long or how many time u apply!! Answer is No! If unauthorized hacking, you will be fined heavily if kena caught!!

:) so can opt for my option lor