Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jgal

Property Prices....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It is literally a MILLION dollar question. All I can say is that in Singapore, properties will appreciate with time.

It is only a matter of at what rate. I just sold mine for 30% profit after 2.5 years (12% annualised), whereas IF I'd

bought another similar priced unit at that time, my returns would be a whopping 66% (26% annualised) :jawdrop:

so my advice is, buy if u can afford it. take it as a form of force savings :yamseng:

bro blurry, what IF there's no correction and it continues to go north? then u gonna :bangwall: liao

but then of course, to each their own, so nobody is right or wrong. just go with what u feel and most IMPORTANTLY,

Be happy with whatever we choose :yamseng:

bro blurry, what IF there's no correction and it continues to go north? then u gonna :bangwall: liao

but then of course, to each their own, so nobody is right or wrong. just go with what u feel and most IMPORTANTLY,

Be happy with whatever we choose :yamseng:

me sister lah..lol

That is why I dont do the risky way. I sold off my 5-rm flat and got a 3-rm flat instead. Even if there's no correction there is a place for me and my family to stay instead of paying rentals ;)

and if the correction does come can buy one more pte and rent it out and collect rentals isnt that better? :good:

Also if you do take a deeper look at the current situation do you realise that all the pte that are selling well are either small units located around CCR or those projects that are selling well are those priced below $900psf? That means the mass market can prob afford up to this amount. I myself went to view Eight Riversuites located at Bendemeer during the launch. The unit that I asked was priced at starting from $1.2m for a 936sqft unit. Last mth they did a promo selling this unit at 988k upwards with the same size. Imagine thats a whopping 20-25% discount within a matter of 2-3mths? I sincerely believe ppty prices will correct as how many ppl can afford > $1mil housing in SG judging by the way our salary rises?

Edited by BlurryKid

Hi Lauer,

Were you in the SI forum sometime ago? Cos got one person same nick as yours last time :P

LOL, indeed.

Are you still in SI?

Cheers!

LOL, indeed.

Are you still in SI?

Cheers!

You are really him ah? :o

Nahz no longer in SI. Even charge for forum access no pt. Anyway no actions now also no $ in equities at all now. Just sideline :D

Got tips boh? Lol

You are really him ah? :o

Nahz no longer in SI. Even charge for forum access no pt. Anyway no actions now also no $ in equities at all now. Just sideline :D

Got tips boh? Lol

Bo le. But I didn't give tips while in SI mah...

In general, the markets should be trending higher towards the year end.

Cheers!

me sister lah..lol

That is why I dont do the risky way. I sold off my 5-rm flat and got a 3-rm flat instead. Even if there's no correction there is a place for me and my family to stay instead of paying rentals ;)

and if the correction does come can buy one more pte and rent it out and collect rentals isnt that better? :good:

Also if you do take a deeper look at the current situation do you realise that all the pte that are selling well are either small units located around CCR or those projects that are selling well are those priced below $900psf? That means the mass market can prob afford up to this amount. I myself went to view Eight Riversuites located at Bendemeer during the launch. The unit that I asked was priced at starting from $1.2m for a 936sqft unit. Last mth they did a promo selling this unit at 988k upwards with the same size. Imagine thats a whopping 20-25% discount within a matter of 2-3mths? I sincerely believe ppty prices will correct as how many ppl can afford > $1mil housing in SG judging by the way our salary rises?

Dun think the prices will come down anytime soon given that vacancy rate is still very low. Actually, bigger and higher-priced psf units are moving too. It's just that there is a good gap btw new and resale, so ppl are buying resale rather than new units. So you have the impression that those btw 900psf are selling only.

As for eight riversuites, it's abt the location. Seriously, not ideal neighbourhood, if i am going to spend $1kpsf, i rather go nearer to kovan or D15 for the matter. Somemore, they are freehold. When it comes to property, it's all about location..Take for example, flamingo valley. All the other development in D15 are selling so well over the last 3 yrs , jump at least 20-30% but the price for it still very stagnant. Why ? because of the cemetery.

If you buying hdb, look for accessibility. If you buying private, look for accessibility as well as neighborhood. Why punggol sells well, because it has nice/clean neighborhood.

If you talk abt hdb, i agreed that unless salary rises. Price is not going up anytime sooner. However, if you are talking abt pte, i would think at least 30% of the owner does not get their $$ from their salary alone. With the QE3 in the pic, prices shld raise in the next few mths. Just like in China and HK, where prices drop abit or stall for a while because of the policy changes. As long as the fundamental driving force, i.e. high inflation, low investment return, does not change, prices will go up(for pte).

I got my Dunearn Rd resale unit for just above $11xx psf. 5mins to upcoming MRT. Like what jgal said, its all abt location.

Look.. After Thomson line announced, within 1 week got 1 en-bloc liao

As for eight riversuites, it's abt the location. Seriously, not ideal neighbourhood, if i am going to spend $1kpsf, i rather go nearer to kovan or D15 for the matter. Somemore, they are freehold. When it comes to property, it's all about location..Take for example, flamingo valley. All the other development in D15 are selling so well over the last 3 yrs , jump at least 20-30% but the price for it still very stagnant. Why ? because of the cemetery.

If you buying hdb, look for accessibility. If you buying private, look for accessibility as well as neighborhood. Why punggol sells well, because it has nice/clean neighborhood.

location is very subjective too. flamingo ppl pantang, but bishan is hot stuff now. ppl forgot about the cemetery i guess.

btw, you think it does not matter whether lh or fh if "good" location?

Dun think the prices will come down anytime soon given that vacancy rate is still very low. Actually, bigger and higher-priced psf units are moving too. It's just that there is a good gap btw new and resale, so ppl are buying resale rather than new units. So you have the impression that those btw 900psf are selling only.

If you talk abt hdb, i agreed that unless salary rises. Price is not going up anytime sooner. However, if you are talking abt pte, i would think at least 30% of the owner does not get their $$ from their salary alone. With the QE3 in the pic, prices shld raise in the next few mths. Just like in China and HK, where prices drop abit or stall for a while because of the policy changes. As long as the fundamental driving force, i.e. high inflation, low investment return, does not change, prices will go up(for pte).

I do agree that ppty prices may not come down in the short term but if the government does not continue opening floodgates for foreigners or slowdown the influx of foreigners then prices may stagnate or start coming down. Resale pte ppty is more attractive as they tend to price it lower than the newer ppty and buyers do not have to wait till TOP to occupy them. But look at the number of pte units going TOP within the next few yrs. If foreigners does not come in by the big numbers then who will be the tenants?

But anyway pte and hdb pricing will still be related lah :) Both prices will move north together one. Its impossible that hdb price is stagnant or drops and pte prices keep going up.

I still feel that its a matter of waiting game when you do buy ppty. It can be 1yr, 3yr or even 5yrs. I myself have seen the ppty cycle up and down twice just that I do not have the moolah to purchase as I was quite young...:(

Bo le. But I didn't give tips while in SI mah...

In general, the markets should be trending higher towards the year end.

Cheers!

Maybe Mr Omama called Mr Banana and said. No matter what it takes make sure you bring unemployment down to 7% by November...Lol