Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jgal

Property Prices....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Aiyah, don't count la; plus some, minus some, so what?

But kids are priceless. Don't miss watching them grow up!

Enjoy!

Yes truly agree :) kids are priceless hence have not regretted ever since i started staying at home to care for them. You get to know what is happening to them understand them more n this is something that $ cannot buy.

Juz like i realise my ger loves music n she is already on abrsm grade2 at 6yrs old. I feel so happy when the kids tell me they prefer me at home taking care of them instead of working :)

Edited by BlurryKid

First of all , i dun expect all pte prices to go up by 30%, just my property. I expect the overall to increase by ard 10% where better location 20%. As mentioned, i bought mine 20% below valuation, i do expect at least 30% increase.

The reason for the disconnect is the recent rule sthat 1) bar pte pty owner from buying hdb 2)the restriction on citizenship and PR-ship. 3)5 yr restriction for resale 4) prolong rent out for prs-owned

This basically,

- stop richer new citizen/pr from buying when they have existing pte oversea.

- richer citizen that has existing pte apt locally or oversea from buying hdb/changing their hdb.

- PR that left singapore not able to rent out hdb for profit. We shld see some selling from these grp soon.

- demand is stablised , limited increase.

- Increase supply. BTO , Oversea PR etc.

Unlike before, if you have $$, you cannot buy pte to invest, you buy hdb to invest. Pte owners as well as Pr. Keep it for a year and ,wah-la, you can rent it out liao, with a neat 4-6% yield.

Whereas for pte, the demand is getting big and big , with higher inflation and sg as a stable currency. Both funds from the pte owners as well as investment firms are looking into singapore for real estate investment. At the moment, comparing with HK and other growing city, singapore is still relatively "cheap".

HAving said that, these are my observation. You may have a differnt take on how these policies are working out. But like i said before, i am not taking an extreme steps. As mentioned, we are not max out for our pty with alot of cushion to ensure that if it didnt turn out the way we wanted , we are still well.

Have u asked urself a question why was the seller willing to sell to u at 20% below valuation if the ppty mkt is still hot? Juz sharing here :)

Have u asked urself a question why was the seller willing to sell to u at 20% below valuation if the ppty mkt is still hot? Juz sharing here :)

there are always destressed units, during good time and bad time. You just need to look hard enough.

hahaha .. even hdb , there will still be units that call for 0 cov while others are going for 200k cov. It a matter of whether you have the time to look them. Never rush to sell or rush to buy.. that's what i believe.

Edited by HappyHouse88

there are always destress units, during good time and bad time.

Destresd units but if mkt is hot there will be buyers offering maybe 15% below value to top ur purchase :). Meaning if u view it at 20% below value a gd buy means others will prob see it at the same value.

Juz to share here. I got my flat from a seller JTC. According to my agent his agency alone is helping JtC to dispose quite a few of these hdb flats into the mkt and there may still be other agencies helping to dispose of others. these flats r supposed to be rented out based on their SHIFT housing policy to expats coming to SG to work. Even though i donno the rationale behind as to why they wanna dispose of these flats but it seems like its either becos of their divestment plan or is it becos expats will not come in droves hence there will not be so much demand for their SHIFT housing. This current flat i am buying has already been empty for almost 6mths.

If even such a big corporation is disposing their ppty why do u think big corporations will be buying? This is juz my 2 cents worth :)

Edited by BlurryKid

Destresd units but if mkt is hot there will be buyers offering maybe 15% below value to top ur purchase :). Meaning if u view it at 20% below value a gd buy means others will prob see it at the same value.

Of course, there are buyers that offer higher.. the problem is that seller got no time to wait. Deal close on the first day of viewing. And we have ready cash to encash the next day.

Juz to share here. I got my flat from a seller JTC. According to my agent his agency alone is helping JtC to dispose quite a few of these hdb flats into the mkt and there may still be other agencies helping to dispose of others. these flats r supposed to be rented out based on their SHIFT housing policy to expats coming to SG to work. Even though i donno the rationale behind as to why they wanna dispose of these flats but it seems like its either becos of their divestment plan or is it becos expats will not come in droves hence there will not be so much demand for their SHIFT housing. This current flat i am buying has already been empty for almost 6mths. This is juz my 2 cents worth :)

Thus, i say, hdb is reaching a point when it's max out liao. Please note that mine is a pte.

JTC portfolio is mainly pte and commerical. thus, it make sense for them to move out of the hdb market to where there will be better return. It is like, if i have $100.. to put in investment A, i earn 4-6%. but if i put in $100 in investment B, i will earn 30-40%. Of course it make sense to cash out. Note also that JTC recently acquired other real estate.

If your point is to "win" the debate... then there is no point to argue. Afterall, win liao no price. I objective here is just to share my take on the mkt. You can question my rational and think abt them. But i am not here to "argue" until i "win". :)

Edited by HappyHouse88

Of course, there are buyers that offer higher.. the problem is that seller got no time to wait. Deal close on the first day of viewing. And we have ready cash to encash the next day.

Thus, i say, hdb is reaching a point when it's max out liao. Please note that mine is a pte.

JTC portfolio is mainly pte and commerical. thus, it make sense for them to move out of the hdb market to where there will be better return. It is like, if i have $100.. to put in investment A, i earn 4-6%. but if i put in $100 in investment B, i will earn 30-40%. Of course it make sense to cash out. Note also that JTC recently acquired other real estate.

If your point is to "win" the debate... then there is no point to argue. Afterall, win liao no price. I objective here is just to share my take on the mkt. You can question my rational and think abt them. But i am not here to "argue" until i "win". :)

Can kindly share what real estate jtc recently bought. Am interested in the news :)

No lah i am not here to argue also. I juz feel that its gd to have exchange of views and others also get to benefit from the information.

Location for a property is prime. LH and FH depends on your investment type. Are you looking at rental return or capital appreciation. If you are looking at primarily rental return, then does not matter LH or FH. LH will let you get back your capital earlier since the prices is generally lower. To get FH at good location, you will be paying a premium.

--

But like i say, location is always the first. But you also need to know who are the residents. HDB and pte dwellers are different.

thanks! always good to know what buyers and sellers think.

Edited by angusbeef

No need lifetime to jackpot lah. I already earn twice from my housing liow :) juz time it right and u will get it.

200k is dividend considering the inflation. 500k is bonus and 1 million is jackpot. Ha ha ha ... So ur 2 times is ?

200k is dividend considering the inflation. 500k is bonus and 1 million is jackpot. Ha ha ha ... So ur 2 times is ?

mine bonus niah lehz. But good enuff for me liowz considering dont need much capital to begin with :notti: not to forget I get to stay like FOC and still get bonus? ;)

Edited by BlurryKid

Business Times says there is no property+bubble.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Business+Times+says+there+is+no+property+bubble/

A good read for your consideration.

Did my eyes play a trick on me? I thought it was Jgal that posted this juz now? Or my eyes playing tricks on me :unsure:

By the way you and her good frens ah? Lol. She juz bought a 1195sqft at Marine Parade want to rent out you also just bought one there and similar size as her and also wanna rent it out? Lol

Edited by BlurryKid