Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jgal

Property Prices....

Thus, i say, hdb is reaching a point when it's max out liao. Please note that mine is a pte.

It was Therat that illustrated very well how the current HDB valuation works, in another thread which I can't place.

In my view, that valuation process is really flawed.

JTC portfolio is mainly pte and commerical. thus, it make sense for them to move out of the hdb market to where there will be better return. It is like, if i have $100.. to put in investment A, i earn 4-6%. but if i put in $100 in investment B, i will earn 30-40%. Of course it make sense to cash out. Note also that JTC recently acquired other real estate.

Very true.

Cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It was Therat that illustrated very well how the current HDB valuation works, in another thread which I can't place.

In my view, that valuation process is really flawed.

Flawed , but it was there in the first place to amend another flawed policy. Still remember long long time ago alot of rogue seller/buyer/agent cohort to cheat the banks/cpf by returning the "excess" to the buyer. I believe that that's probably the first item on KBH is going to tackle next. Let's see what he come up with.

Government will make housing affordable definitely for mid to low income. But that's in the form of hdb. So beware of more policies to control public housing. As for pte housing, i think the government may loosen up, given that they also want to keep investment $$ in singapore cos' the buying didnt stop. Sg and foreigner investors are just turning to malaysia and other asean countries.

mine bonus niah lehz. But good enuff for me liowz considering dont need much capital to begin with :notti: not to forget I get to stay like FOC and still get bonus? ;)

Hosey liao la....

Taking some profits off the table is good mah.

Enjoy!

Actually , what ur take on landed housing? With demand highly controlled and high maintenance cost ? I wonder it will shot higher or drop...

Actually , what ur take on landed housing? With demand highly controlled and high maintenance cost ? I wonder it will shot higher or drop...

landed.jpg

Prices of landed homes have appreciated more than non-landed properties during an upturn and fallen by a smaller magnitude during a market downturn.

How does landed fare during the 1990-2005 ? I know some relative that invested in a landed then , and lost alot of $$. I am not sure if the current selling price has recover to 1997 peak.

How does landed fare during the 1990-2005 ? I know some relative that invested in a landed then , and lost alot of $$. I am not sure if the current selling price has recover to 1997 peak.

True la, just like any investment, timing is important mah. Nothing goes up in a straight-line. So your relatives bought at or near the last peak then how?

Also, in my view, it is important to differentiate the different tenures of landed. There are FH, LH 999-years, LH 99-years, Strata etc. URA's method of calculating/publishing the transacted prices of landed also causing confusions somewhat to newbies (and sellers too in some cases).

And then there is the buyer's intend; if he/she wants to build his/her dream house, then not only the land's tenure is important but also the plot (rectagular, squarish, irregular etc?). It is not like there is always one that fits his/her requirements.

Cheers!

I want to know about some best property for investing.

best property will not sit there , waiting for you to come.

you need to go out and dig

Here is a chart from URA website: Notice the uptrend of residential prices

Presentation1-1.jpg

From the rising trend, top 3 are detached, terrace then follow be semi-detach

not sure how to read the chart given.

If the chart is according to transaction value/psf. Then it may show landed has the highest risks since it drop with the highest gradient and didnt recover until the 2nd cycle.

best property will not sit there , waiting for you to come.

you need to go out and dig

when you get a best property in sinagpore potential buyers will flock to it like flies flocking to a pile of Shi%..get the picture....

BOTTOMLINE...fast hand fast leg fast thinking wins the game...i lost so many good oppurtunities cos i think too much...go viewing think about it...by the time you think finish other people buy and MOVE in... :curse:

when you get a best property in sinagpore potential buyers will flock to it like flies flocking to a pile of Shi%..get the picture....

BOTTOMLINE...fast hand fast leg fast thinking wins the game...i lost so many good oppurtunities cos i think too much...go viewing think about it...by the time you think finish other people buy and MOVE in... :curse:

One of my friends she was very fast in all aspects. She bought a FH landed about 2000 sqf at Chiselhurst Grove, Serangoon Garden at $1.0 mil in 4Q 2009. Demolished the old dwelling, and reconstructed a 2.5-storeys terraced at $0.5 mil and she sold it 1Q 2011 for $2.0 mil. Profit was $0.5 mil, not bad for just over a year.

Since then, she has been renting a condo apartment, waiting for prices to fall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi9caiFhvUo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Enjoy!

Edited by Lauer

One of my friends she was very fast in all aspects. She bought a FH landed about 2000 sqf at Chiselhurst Grove, Serangoon Garden at $1.0 mil in 4Q 2009. Demolished the old dwelling, and reconstructed a 2.5-storeys terraced at $0.5 mil and she sold it 1Q 2011 for $2.0 mil. Profit was $0.5 mil, not bad for just over a year.

Since then, she has been renting a condo apartment, waiting for prices to fall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi9caiFhvUo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Enjoy!

part 1 she was very smart... :yamseng:

part 2 :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: