Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jgal

Property Prices....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I agree with Radha. Singapore is land-scarce. If you buy FH/999 landed and willing hold during downturn cycle, sure profit swee-swee.

Profit margin about 30% in a year is good, the big question is what can u buy to "work" the $$ after that?

I agree with Radha. Singapore is land-scarce. If you buy FH/999 landed and willing hold during downturn cycle, sure profit swee-swee.

Profit margin about 30% in a year is good, the big question is what can u buy to "work" the $$ after that?

no doubt in a long run , landed will appreciate. However, mortgage loan of 2-3 mil requires more holding power that normal salaried professional can afford. If sh*t happens, really sh*t liao.. cos' mthly repayment is at >6k region. Even if you try to rent out to cover the mortgage, the pool of tenants is alot smaller and rental hardly covers 80% of the mortgage.

Unlike condo/apt which rental shld cover ard 80% of the mortgage and we are missing 1-2k which could be cover by working extremely hard by taking up part-time jobs, downgrade to flat or stay with parents.

Not also forgetting that.. it took 2 property cycles before the prices is pump up...so holding power mux be **** strong...

in all honesty i dont think authorities are going to do anything about spiralling prices...the way i look at it they will only ensure first timers get a shot at BTO....so enjoy the ride..sellers not going to sell cheap...buyers rushing to buy...cov spiralling...so where we heading...the rubbish euro/us economy story is stale news...anyway "Buy at your own risk"... :rolleyes:

not sure how to read the chart given.

If the chart is according to transaction value/psf. Then it may show landed has the highest risks since it drop with the highest gradient and didnt recover until the 2nd cycle.

Actually opposite, check the chart posted above 19 Sep., during downturn from 1Q 2008 onwards, the chart shows non- landed drop more than landed.

Actually opposite, check the chart posted above 19 Sep., during downturn from 1Q 2008 onwards, the chart shows non- landed drop more than landed.

look like you only want to see what you want to see. 2008-2010 hardly recover from the earlier drop in the 1999 -2004 period.. And the drop in the early 2000 is steep.. very very steep..

Edited by Jgal

look like you only want to see what you want to see. 2008-2010 hardly recover from the earlier drop in the 1999 -2004 period.. And the drop in the early 2000 is steep.. very very steep..

Aiyoh, both are correct mah if we speak of rate of change. Going up faster, coming down also faster, LOL.

But one look at the chart and I threw it away because you can see that prices of landed were above Apartment/Condo in 1997-1998 (index norminal at 3Q1998) then flatlined, went below in 2006-2009, and then cheong above again in 2011-2012. This is obviously ridiculous, so blame the URA scholars who are comparing apple with orange in a price index chart.

URA calculates the psf of landed based on transaction price / land size; they don't care if a single-storey building sit on it or 3-storeys. And then for strata landed or townhouse, they calculate as transacted price / GFA (sorry, don't like the term built-in).

Also, what is the sample size for landed? At this period which is relatively hot, one can count in one hand the number of caveats lodged per district per month?

It is this kind of confusion caused, from chart or otherwise, that sometime one can find real bargain in landed, especiially in 2009. Like Therat said, must go and dig la...

Cheers!

Check out this article about landed housing in the link below, it was also published in Business Times:

My link

Below are just snapshots of the first and last paragraph regarding landed housing future, for full articale click the link above

Slide1.jpg

Slide5.jpg

MAS announced new cooling measure for residential property.

The game of musical refinancing chair stopped...

From my favorite singer,

Enjoy!

To me, down trend or not, if u need it or fell in love with it after viewing,

go for it if u can afford.

Honestly, touch ur heart, r u going to say, err better to wait awhile more

then see what happens? Then 6mths/1yr down, u say, aiyaaaa 'zau zi dao....'

Like it or not, 1M HDB will b more common in 2-3years time. Those (H)orrible

(D)isgusting (B)ast**ds r already selling at $800k!!! Do u honestly think

that fellow dwellers will not ask for higher price, be it pte or hdb? I'm a

pte home owner. Paid 11xx psf for a 3br at Bt Timah area. The development

besides mine is selling 18xx psf! Future mrt opp my condo, new mall coming up

opp also, 15mins to town, within 1km of good schoolS, also 10-20mins away

from tiertiary n uni. Do u think I will sell low in 3-5yrs?

Good luck n end of e day, u must be happy in buying then all else will be

justified.

MAS announced new cooling measure for residential property.

The game of musical refinancing chair stopped...

From my favorite singer,

Enjoy!

singaporeans are a very resilient lot they will find a way around the new measures trust me...property today is a game of

cat and mouse between the people and our good govt....enjoy the show... :yamseng:

To me, down trend or not, if u need it or fell in love with it after viewing,

go for it if u can afford.

Honestly, touch ur heart, r u going to say, err better to wait awhile more

then see what happens? Then 6mths/1yr down, u say, aiyaaaa 'zau zi dao....'

Like it or not, 1M HDB will b more common in 2-3years time. Those (H)orrible

(D)isgusting (B)ast**ds r already selling at $800k!!! Do u honestly think

that fellow dwellers will not ask for higher price, be it pte or hdb? I'm a

pte home owner. Paid 11xx psf for a 3br at Bt Timah area. The development

besides mine is selling 18xx psf! Future mrt opp my condo, new mall coming up

opp also, 15mins to town, within 1km of good schoolS, also 10-20mins away

from tiertiary n uni. Do u think I will sell low in 3-5yrs?

Good luck n end of e day, u must be happy in buying then all else will be

justified.

cheers bro as long as u buy within your means all good it is those people who over

commit and over leverage that will be shivering... :dribble: