Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Batman

Buying Lights From Taobao

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I notice some of the items in taobao will lead me to another website, Tmall. Is Tmall related to Taobao? Can we use the same shipper for purchases in Tmall and in Taobao?

My light bought from TB broken already,using only 5months

Thats the risk of getting anything from internet especially from oversea..cos really got no avenue to complain or getting any money back..

i got 6 of this black cage lamp from Taobao for RMB68 each. they are Diamond grade sellers

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.111.7ssGgk&id=36904931064&ns=1#detail

but when i arrive the lamp shade looks somewhat different from the picture and 1 of it was slightly dented and was a bit out of shape.

i can press it back cos the wire was actually thinner than the picture.

we also got this LED egg shape bulbs from http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.61.rPlaCg&id=35845239897&ns=1#detail

bulbs came alrite, all in good shape the only diiferent is that the light color in their page was orangish. but the one we got was more cool white.

When my electrican installed and test the lamps, it tripped.

2 LED blew and the bulb's head is blacken and there was a plastic melting smell.

at first i tot it was the bad quality bulbs so we went to get more bulbs locally.

the lighting shop had similar LED.

When fixing the new bulb we some how over tighten slightly and the black holder crack.

we then carefully installed the rest and it trip again. grrrrr.....

we then remove the bulb from the cracked lamp and its working. but after 30mins, we can smell the burning plastic smell again...

how to complain to the vendor?
should we ask Daiguo, i dunno how to communicate with the taobao seller. also.

i already spend $80 for shipping it just not worth returning.

anyone got same issue?

Edited by dr.tran

Dear all,

I am so excited to see you all doing so much online shopping & saving so much much more... I am expecting my flat soon. But i got a serious problem. Can we cahnge the language in TB or TM to English. Can someone kindly assist me by sending me the link or some instructions how i can do it. Thanks... :help::help::help:

Don't bother buying lights from Taobao now. LED lights in Singapore are so cheap that they are comparable to buying from Taobao. I bought my ultrathin LED downlights for $15 each from a PRC MILF that runs an online store in Singapore with free delivery (cash on delivery) and 1 year warranty.