Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Batman

Buying Lights From Taobao

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: I bought lights for my entire house from taobao! cos it's a lot cheaper than SG. they have arrived in good condition but havent installed yet. scared now after reading so many poor reviews. keeping my fingers and toes crossed......

Hi, I'm quite new to TB shopping, so need advise from gurus here.

I got a price quotation for shipping, but not sure what it means by $35/set. Anyone knows what's this?

海运费:RMB550.00/CBM MINIMUM-1CBM (1CBM=250KG)

Local Import Permit Fee: $35/set

Is buying from Taobao still cheaper than buying from online stores in Singapore for common items such as downlights? 4W LED downlights cost S$10 and 9W LED downlights cost S$15 from these online stores.

I bought most of the lighting from taobao. Biggest problem lies with the picture shown on the internet, the brightness may not be as accurate as shown on website. I bought about 7 different lights from taobao, 3 have issues. 1 is cracked casing, but got free replacement from seller. another one is LED bulb got problem, cannot light up, still trying to get my daigou to talk to seller. last one is dents found on my hanging lights, but can twist it back, just that not so nice only.

Price wise, really save about half compared to local price. Buying from local shop may not grant u the assurance that the light will be in good condition and the shop boss will entertain u if the lights are faulty. Just that even taobao seller want to replace another light for u also got to wait for 1 - 2 weeks for the item to send it over.

i bought all my lights from tb, tmall. i believe tmall seller are of better quality although they are not the cheapest.

all my light reach sg in good condition, all of them works. very happy with the purchases.

most led lights sells locally are from China too, local seller that can sell their lights are $10-15 are probably getting the lower end China manufacturer. why not use the $10-15 and buy direct from high end China seller. no warranty but the chances of getting a lousy light is lower so is the trouble of changing lights.

anyway there are ppl telling me that we should not buy lights from China as local lights has some certification. if your house will to catch fire due to the lights, scdf will come after you. any true to that or this is just hearsay? those lights sells online has certification?

Guys,

Went to a few shops to ask for the prices of downlight. So ex at $55 a piece? Is that the reason you guys get from taobao.

Anyone get from Yafen? Hows the quality after prolong usage.

For LED lighting bought overseas/online, what you pay is what you get, you can't really complain that much. However, my company believes quality is key for customers to buy from us. So we only import good quality led products and long lasting drivers. Why bother spending so much time looking for led lighting online when you can see the real thing in my showroom?

Come on now to my website to take a look at our products (not all products are on the website) or even book an appointment to come down to our showroom to take a closer look at our products and we will be honored to present you with the good quality lighting solution you will need.

Our contact details are on the website as well.

Regards,

Greentech Lighting

www.greentechlighting.com.sg

Hi, i'm really curious about the difference between the lights sold locally and lights bought from oversea.

as a local seller, does your lights comes with 'safety mark'? is it ok for hdb dweller to use non-safety mark labelled lights?

looking forward to your reply.

I saw one light shop in Ang Mo Kio central very near to AMK liabrary...I saw his downlight is really cheap at $15..the bastier shop quoted me $40..i wonder it is due to difference in quality or just in markup...

anyway i ended buying from Msia and save half the cost..all light working well so i think it is a good decision to buy there..

I saw one light shop in Ang Mo Kio central very near to AMK liabrary...I saw his downlight is really cheap at $15..the bastier shop quoted me $40..i wonder it is due to difference in quality or just in markup...

anyway i ended buying from Msia and save half the cost..all light working well so i think it is a good decision to buy there..

Which shop in jb u got ur lights from. Planning to go there to get lights & fans too . kindly advice. Tanks.