Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Batman

Buying Lights From Taobao

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and also to Taobao and have been reading a lot on buying LED lights from Taobao.

Can anyone be kind to share the downlights and cove lights from taobao that is CE approved and good quality? If you can provide me the link then it would be great as

my chinese is not so good. 

There is this brand Kecent? Anyone bought them? 

https://ezbuy.sg/Product/Detail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdetail.tmall.com%2Fitem.htm%3Fid%3D39505596699&src=10001

Would you also recommend using Ezbuy to ship for me?

Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 9/2/2016 at 4:04 PM, Carljoe said:

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and also to Taobao and have been reading a lot on buying LED lights from Taobao.

Can anyone be kind to share the downlights and cove lights from taobao that is CE approved and good quality? If you can provide me the link then it would be great as

my chinese is not so good. 

There is this brand Kecent? Anyone bought them? 

https://ezbuy.sg/Product/Detail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdetail.tmall.com%2Fitem.htm%3Fid%3D39505596699&src=10001

Would you also recommend using Ezbuy to ship for me?

Thanks in advance!

Don't think there will be any CE approved lightings if you buy from Taobao directly. I had bought most of my downlights and cove light (LED strip) from Taobao directly, been using for few months and they all still looks good and in good working condition. Just key in "筒灯超簿天花灯" in the Taobao search bar and you can find many downlights to choose from, I usually prefer to buy from those with more positive review.

I don't use agent to buy for me as I believe there are additional charges. You can use the 淘寶集运 (4px or PRouter), they are relatively good and you can select them as the shipping address when you checkout. There are tracking from taobao if you use them. Some items may not ship to Singapore directly and you got to chat them separately. These are usually the sensitive items and will cost slightly more to ship. I am using other courier which are cheaper but not recommended for those who are new to Taobao,

Yea, better not. We won't know what's happening in the shipping. I guess it's just lucky if it came here with a good quality. And it's very hard to ship back to there (which is another shipping again). Very hard to get refund back if it's spoiled buying from taobao. My suggestion, better go for local lighting stores or some sites look for the good quality one. Nowadays got lot of sites that has provided the price together to the product, it's very convenient. :)

Thanks Samyee! I guess there is a lot of risks for buying cheap stuff. It is amazing to read how many people buy so much stuff from Taobao and have them shipped over.

If anyone knows of any good lobang for good quality led especially buying the drivers, pls let me know!

I bought track lights from taobao using ezbuy. It's slightly more expensive due to agent fees but they could help me check the quantity and if there is any damage, they will liaise on my behalf. I had used trial prime so shipping only cost $2.99 regardless of weight and item, also I try to purchase my items when they are having promotion like free agent fee. I do look at their reviews and ratings before I decide to buy from that particular seller.

Hi, I am also intending to buy lighting from taobao, want to check with those who have bought from taobao before...are you able to find replacement LED light bulbs for the lights in Singapore if the original bulbs are not working anymore? Or have to order the led light bulbs from taobao again? Thanks in advance. 

Hi All, 

have been looking around light shops in SG. Notice that most shops selling China LED lights and most are without safety mark label. Taobao selling same items but much cheaper price.

Will like to check if it is safe to buy lights from Taobao without safety Mark labels? Anyone here encounter issue using LED from taobao such as fire hazard etc. 

Sorry to dig this old thread 

Saw a few very nice chandelier in this site. Even notice that some locals shop also carry the same design! Wonder did anyone bring in from TB? And how's the feedback!

Anyone brought switch from Tb 

Is it reliable? 

Saw those nice Neo like switch selling at only $3-5.

Review like not bad, but can seller remove the bad ones? 

【香港英式插座黑色双联13A带USB英标方脚金属拉丝电灯制曲架开关】http://m.tb.cn/h.31oC5GS 

On 12/15/2016 at 12:16 AM, Granzord said:

Hi All, 

have been looking around light shops in SG. Notice that most shops selling China LED lights and most are without safety mark label. Taobao selling same items but much cheaper price.

Will like to check if it is safe to buy lights from Taobao without safety Mark labels? Anyone here encounter issue using LED from taobao such as fire hazard etc. 

I have tried buying lights direct from Taobao before but officially can't  buy it because Taobao official forwarder does not support shipping LED lights. Talked to the online store owner and they suggest finding forwarding agents instead. Just ordered alll my lights using ezbuy yesterday and hoping all goes well as I paid about $80 for all the lights. Yes it's way cheaper than the many shops I asked in Jalan Besar even if the ezbuy delivery cost $20 later on... Don't know the actual price of delivery until their forwarder receives the goods.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:26 AM, Solidjim85 said:

Anyone brought switch from Tb 

Is it reliable? 

Saw those nice Neo like switch selling at only $3-5.

Review like not bad, but can seller remove the bad ones? 

【香港英式插座黑色双联13A带USB英标方脚金属拉丝电灯制曲架开关】http://m.tb.cn/h.31oC5GS 

I bought switches directly from taobao. Search for "英标带USB插座面板英式13A插座" Mine even comes with self-enclosed usb ports so that dust won't fly in. Really a good buy.. Will be asking my friend to help install. If you are asking contractor to install, do check first before buying as not all contractors will install taobao stuff for you because they don't want to be held accountable if the goods has defects.

Edited by YoloDIYReno