Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HaiDeChen

3 Roomer In Potong Pasir

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Only the flooring is in a rather decent condition. Otherwise, faucets in kitchen and toilets are rusty/with algae. Cracks on walls and very rusty window grille locks. And i have a warped front door too!

And the Hacking BEGINS!

Am so glad that renovation has finally started! Can't wait to see the final product!

Kitchen Floor gone!

IMG_2154.jpg

View from Kitchen into living room

IMG_2169.jpg

Hacking a wall to make my living room bigger!

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

Dude, nice house. Can I ask about something regarding hacking of walls?

Am I right that only those walls that are represented by "two lines" in the layout pic are hackable, and those "thick solid lines" are actually so called pre-fab and non-hackable?

Is there a website where one can see all any layout pic for any HDB flat in Singapore?

Asking because I would like to do my own hacking as well, but would like to be careful not to purchase a flat that is non-hackable, I am still in the house-hunting phase.

Thank you!

@epiphone : Yep, those in solid black lines cannot be hacked. Unfortunately, there are generic floor plans (should be able to google them) but they are non-standard. a 3i flat in different blocks/ parts of a block can have different walls that are hackable. you can ask owners of the house you are looking at if they have floorplans for their flats. otherwise, when viewing the flats, u can usually see if walls can be hacked by seeing the ceiling beams. (not the best way)

P/s: as stated in my early post, floor plans might not really be accurate. :( but are generally correct.

More Cement Screed pictures! Love how the wall looks after it has dried!

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

the little pop of yellow looks quite nice against the cement..but am changing the bin.

screeding 1/2 the living room too!

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

Can't wait to go over tomorrow to see how my living room looks like when it's dried!

Am going for very basic lighting as my ceiling fan got into the way of planned lighting. so just track lights and pendant lights galore!

Nice cement screed outcome. Which areas will you have bare cement screed walls?

Can you share more about your lighting plan? The current owner at my place is using downlights, not sure if I should keep them in the living room. I want to add ceiling fan there, am considering to use track lights on brick wall...BUT I'm not very confident to do light planning myself. :bangwall:

I am having bare cement walls in the whole kitchen since I have having a kitchen island (except for where the fridge and oven are), i hacked a wall to make a larger living room, so 1/2 the living room will be screened (the outer half). Inner half will have a craftstone wall and probably grey walls...lol

As for lights, am planning downlights only near the door, and in the kitchen. In the outer living room, will have cove lights and the inner living room and bedrooms with track lights. Spoke to architect friend, he advised to do just basic lighting and then focus on task oriented lighting, so over dining room got 3 pendant lights, over sink and over kitchen prep area got 1 pendant light each. Near piano 1 standing light, reading area in living room another 2 lights. Bedside, 2 more reading lights.

I am having bare cement walls in the whole kitchen since I have having a kitchen island (except for where the fridge and oven are), i hacked a wall to make a larger living room, so 1/2 the living room will be screened (the outer half). Inner half will have a craftstone wall and probably grey walls...lol

As for lights, am planning downlights only near the door, and in the kitchen. In the outer living room, will have cove lights and the inner living room and bedrooms with track lights. Spoke to architect friend, he advised to do just basic lighting and then focus on task oriented lighting, so over dining room got 3 pendant lights, over sink and over kitchen prep area got 1 pendant light each. Near piano 1 standing light, reading area in living room another 2 lights. Bedside, 2 more reading lights.

Combination of cove lighting with track lights sounds nice! What type of reading light do you intend to use for the reading area in the living room?