Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HaiDeChen

3 Roomer In Potong Pasir

for cement screed, no matter how many times you scrub and wash and mop, it will always feel powdery. that is the disadvantage of cement screed.

Even if you apply the chemical layer on top?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

@Mrs Loo: I also cannot tahan powdery feeling....as for storage, I'm living alone, so don't really have much to store, the 3 bookshelves should be able to hold all my books, my bed has storage underneath so I shall leave all my CDs/DVDs under it. Other than that, my whole island/dining table is a storage area, a lot of space underneath them. Vaccuum cleaner/ iron should be all left under my concrete bench once I find a nice box to put them in. I am guessing i really have to declutter and throw throw throw (i'm a bit of a hoarder..still got secondary school stuff with me..haha)

@dragonite: yar..gotta hand scrub the floor. sigh. and sigh. I'm constantly handscrubbing my cement floors especially, now they feel much cleaner.

@May_dream and tessina: Ya cement screed floor will feel powdery at first i think, but applying chemical layers on top should help. I've got 2 friends with cement screed floors, one floor always feels powdery coz no sealant, the other feels generally quite clean coz he applied 2 layers on top of his cement floor. Heng my cement floor area is for people to put on their shoes..hehe

p/s: HOW to multiple reply? I've seen other people do it.

@Mrs Loo: I also cannot tahan powdery feeling....as for storage, I'm living alone, so don't really have much to store, the 3 bookshelves should be able to hold all my books, my bed has storage underneath so I shall leave all my CDs/DVDs under it. Other than that, my whole island/dining table is a storage area, a lot of space underneath them. Vaccuum cleaner/ iron should be all left under my concrete bench once I find a nice box to put them in. I am guessing i really have to declutter and throw throw throw (i'm a bit of a hoarder..still got secondary school stuff with me..haha)

@dragonite: yar..gotta hand scrub the floor. sigh. and sigh. I'm constantly handscrubbing my cement floors especially, now they feel much cleaner.

@May_dream and tessina: Ya cement screed floor will feel powdery at first i think, but applying chemical layers on top should help. I've got 2 friends with cement screed floors, one floor always feels powdery coz no sealant, the other feels generally quite clean coz he applied 2 layers on top of his cement floor. Heng my cement floor area is for people to put on their shoes..hehe

:jawdrop: OMG!!! Seriously you still have secondary school stuffs, textbooks?? I think you must be very young. :notti:

to multiple reply, you need to be using pc. if you are using smart phone to reply, then you can't. On pc, there is this "multiquote" where you can click on as many as you want then finally click on "add reply".

i think depends on how many layer of sealant.... because i think after a while, the sealant also will wear off then will feel powdery again. have to keep on doing touch up every few years.

Just curious, do you find the naked light blubs to be glaring? Thinking if I should use pendant light that has "half" shade which covers probably only 1/3 of the light bulb, or just go for PH5 replica above dining table :dribble:

Not sure, I don't have completely naked light bulbs...but I am guessing they will be glaring if they are within line of sight, if above head should be ok I guess, my bulbs all have some sort of ball over it. The only exposed bulb is the one in my standing lamp, that one is an Edison bulb with tinted brown glass, not so glaring even though 25w.

But if u are going to hang more than one naked bulb over dining table...then I would think better to have shade, if not will be super bright.

Not sure, I don't have completely naked light bulbs...but I am guessing they will be glaring if they are within line of sight, if above head should be ok I guess, my bulbs all have some sort of ball over it. The only exposed bulb is the one in my standing lamp, that one is an Edison bulb with tinted brown glass, not so glaring even though 25w.

But if u are going to hang more than one naked bulb over dining table...then I would think better to have shade, if not will be super bright.

I see, I thought your light bulbs above your island and further in the kitchen are naked ones. Edison bulb is **** cool, but I think it consumes more electricity.

I see, I thought your light bulbs above your island and further in the kitchen are naked ones. Edison bulb is **** cool, but I think it consumes more electricity.

yeah it is energy consuming! i have 3 40w globe bulbs in the dining area so total of 120w! like running a pc already

another 3 hours spent cleaning and cleaning the new place...back aching! still waiting for gate and door to come...sofa coming in tomorrow and the big shift is on Saturday! and i've yet to pack my stuff at my current place...lol

picture of the place after cleaning..please excuse the can drinks...so thirsty and forgot to throw it away before taking pic. :P

741080_4730117483891_622816772_o_zps2f3655ef.jpg